• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilin

Personal replies:

nova vesfalo: Thank you so much!

rooker1: Thanks Robin! And curbs are now in place.

Yoman: Thank you! For your question about automata props, se below. As far as Badsim is concerned, I have basically found a whole new game due to his inspiration. I spend much more time lotediting than actually playin SC4. And that is a good thing. I was getting more and more bored with Islas Gemas (I still like building on those sloped islands though... so I open the region from time to time) and Blackwater is so very, very different - I now have total control over every item and it's so very enjoyable.

thundercrack83: Thank you. And here comes another diversion. Not to worry... more lots are underway too. ;D

sebes: Thanks! Yes, that is Stockholm. Just behind the central station. I often have lunch in a restaurant on the bottom floor of one of those buildings.

tooheys: Thank you! I hope you find the LE as enjoyable as I do. It takes a while to get used to everything though.

bat: Thanks!

kimcar: Thank you. I will certainly try to keep the pace up - at least for this month.

mightygoose: I don't know if I should kick you or kiss you...  ;D That modd works perfectly. I really thought I knew all of Swamper's work, but apparantly I had missed the one thing I needed this time.

warconstruct: Thanks a bunch!

Blackwater: some trains as props

In respons to Yoman question about the trains that can be seen in the corner of one of the pictures: yes, those are props extracted from automata files dowloaded here on the LEX. Andreas of SFBT taught me how to do that in this thread.

It is not a very complicated process, but you do need to feel comfortable with the Reader. Other than that it is fast work, really. But, since I now know how to do this and have had a few requests about it through PM I have decided to upload the models I have extracted so far. I have not asked the original BATters for permission (of course I take no credit for their amazing work!) so if that is a problem for the authors or for the admins I will certainly take the zip down.

If you use these .dats you do so at your own risk. I have not tested for every possible conflict, although they work just fine in my Plugins folder. Some of the cars will appear in reverse as to how they are seen in the Lot Editor (just turn them around and it's solved).

As far as I know these files will not conflict with any train modds - it's just props like any other with their own specific ids. You do not need the original train modds installed - all information needed is included in the -dat files.

Edit: I forgot about the uploading limits. The zip only contains the SMP trains. PM me with a valid e-mail address if you want the Region runner and eningen cars (for some reason those files are much larger) and I will be happy to send them to you.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

This is great and very useful to alot of people, thanks. 
I can't wait to see the revised LOTs.  The already were very well done.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jackal22

:o another cj that makes my region look like junk again  :'( really well done, i like the custom lots you have started to make too.

one question however which water mod are you using, i mean for the canals in that custom lot? that water looks absolutely fantastic, its not oppies and i dont think its pegs either or simgroober ()what() and how did you get sandy beaches while using a terrain mod? I thought that would lead to crashes? or is that pic out of another city and dropped in there?

Une_ame

Those trains are awesome!!! Me like trains, more pleeeaaase &cry2!!
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

emilin

Personal replies:

rooker1: Thank you. Coming right up.

jackal22: Thank you so much. Th canal pieces are jeronij's urban canals. They can be found here on the site. The sandy beaches are just lots with sand texture on them. It doesn't cause the game to crash, but it can cause jagged edges (buth nothing worse than that).

Une_ame: Hehe... thanks a bunch!

Blackwater: World Trade Center

Just a few quick pictures of the Blackwater World Trade Center - just behind the train station - this time. And a look at the prop trains on the station platform too.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

thundercrack83

Wow! The World Trade Center looks splendid, emilin!

And sorry I missed the trains above, too--they look great!

Keep up the magnificent work, my friend!

Dustin

squidi

great update  :thumbsup:
i like the modern looking blocks. they fit very well to the other bats and i like the skybridge
you have to be a bit more carefully with trees behind some props ;)

paul

rooker1

Great update.

I think I will critique this one if you don't mind.
Becareful when you place people props.  Sometimes it can look unnecessary, such as the people in the back parking lot of the building in the third picture.  Around the truck makes sense, but the rest I think they should go.
The skywalk does look awesome, but I think you should place it a little higher.  It looks like it is connecting the second or thrid floor.  I would consider as high as the fifth. IMHO.
The boxes by the train pickup, not sure how they got there.  But they seem out of place.
The placement of your trees, you need to view them from all angles sometimes.  LE plays tricks with some props, I find.
I see nothing else to complain about as the rest is perfect.
&apls
Oh, there is one other thing.........I wish there were more pics.  ;)
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

goikokonus

Noizbait...

figui

first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

kimcar

&apls &apls Very good work with LE my friend . I really like how you manage the layout around some of the building like the ones near the canal and the the world trade center. :thumbsup: Geez we have more and more great lotters around now  ;D :thumbsup:

squidi

Quote from: rooker1 on February 20, 2008, 12:34:00 PM
Great update.

I think I will critique this one if you don't mind.
Becareful when you place people props.  Sometimes it can look unnecessary, such as the people in the back parking lot of the building in the third picture.  Around the truck makes sense, but the rest I think they should go.

i agree.
i think you should delete the groups and put a few alone aper props instead of them there

warconstruct

splendid ! ce is of very beautiful sight that you put here !  &apls &apls
I like much these buildings along the channel and you have to handle well the LE  :thumbsup:

good continuation and impatient to see the continuation !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

bat

Some very nice new pictures there, emilin! Great work on the train station and its area! Also like the picture of the GooberGen Center!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more of your work!

jackal22

thanks for the information about the canal lots :)

your update is really nice, I love the train props on the station and the grass texture you picked really suits the surroundings well, may have to steal that idea ;)

mightygoose

the wtc looks brilliant, great lot work
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Yoman

Well I first viewed these images at Atlanta Airport, haven't had the chance to comment yet as I had three more flights to get back to New York (darn snow storm canceled mine).

But I must say these images have lifted my spirits after I had a terrible flying experience. I was a bit worried when I saw the words World Trade center, as I thought you may have used the Twin Towers. And I was happy when you used one of the smaller buildings, that looks incredible on the lot you put it on. The surrounding looks great especially that sky bridge, very well done.

Those trains in the station are also looking excellent, it always bothered me that the high speed trains that looked so good (like SMP Ice etc), only had an engine at one end. Darn maxis :P

emilin

Personal replies:

thundercrack83: Thank you!

squidi: Thanks! I have moved those trees now, by the way.

rooker1: Thank yo!. I have taken someof the people props out, as you suggested. I think it's hard to find the right balance with those, sometimes. Real cities don't have that many people just hanging around the corners, but in this game it tends to look a bit lifeless without them. BUt, you are of course right, they can't be everywhere for no apparant reason.

goikokonus: Thank you so much!

figui: Thanks!

kimcar: Thanks! That was very kind of you - since I find the composition of the buildings the hardest thing to achive good results with.

warconstruct: Thanks a bunch!

bat: Thank you!

jackal22: Thanks!

mightygoose: Thank you!

Yoman: Thanks! No twin towers in Blackwater this time, and there never will be. Not to worry - I plan for very few skyscrapers - and the one I will use will not at all be that tall. I am not exactly sure what "world trade center" actaully is, but there are buildings in most cities that I have been to, that are called that. They seem to be convention and office centres mostly.

Blackwater - lots near the train station

Just one last update before the end of Special Interest Month (barely). A few more lots right next to the central station.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

sebes

:o  :o  :o Do I notice an underground loading platform there?
(right next to the central station and the underground parking entrance)

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Like the lots and area near the train station, emilin! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more...