• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Missing texture dependency

Started by monkeywater, September 05, 2017, 08:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeywater

In this lot, (http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1561) I have downloaded it and all listed dependencies, however the base texture is missing, depending on the plop, I either get a the maxis grass as base texture, or a deep blue grid. 

Also, it lists as having all 21000 jobs filled according to the building query, but nobody seems to be going there based on the query of the roads next to it

thanks!

mgb204

Have you installed the rail textures from here? It's noted in the readme, although the link is no longer working I grant you. If you are a RRW user, you can use a replacement set which better matches the RRW style, but you still need the textures.

monkeywater

Quote from: mgb204 on September 07, 2017, 04:44:23 AM
Have you installed the rail textures from here? It's noted in the readme, although the link is no longer working I grant you. If you are a RRW user, you can use a replacement set which better matches the RRW style, but you still need the textures.

Yes, I have downloaded the rail textures you haveand railyway tracks show up when the lot is plopped, but it is the ground under that is not showing

mgb204

Having just checked the lot in PIM-X, all the necessary textures come from the file "zzz NCD RRW Lot Alternate Textures 1.dat", assuming you are using the RRW version of the file. If you are using NCD's originals, please tell me which file(/s) exactly that you have installed. The readme links to the STEX, but an updated pack was later posted here on the LEX (link in my last post). So far as I know the LEX release just bundled a couple separate files together, but somehow you must be missing these textures if they aren't appearing in-game.

monkeywater

Thanks for the detailed response!  The version of the file I am using is
"ID$7_9x31_Jamison_Steel_Mill_GROW_75526321.SC4Lot"
and
"Jamison_Steel_Mill_f4ab62dc.SC4Lot"

mgb204

Sorry you misunderstand, I don't need the name of the Lot File, but the name of the dependency for NCD's Rail Textures you are using. There may be multiples, but without knowing which exact files you have, it's impossible for me to test. Since I know it works find with the RRW variant I mentioned before, the most likely scenario is that you are missing one or more of the NCD files.