• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simtropolis is hacked?

Started by Unconstantean, September 05, 2017, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unconstantean

I've tried to enter simtropolis and it redirects me to channel1 vids and ask me to instal a google chrome extension that obvious is a virus/browser hijacker.

This happens only when i try to enter simtropolis. No other site has this issue.

Freedom311

Same here on Chrome. Just yesterday, I tried to access the site, but while loading gave me a popup message to log in. Seemed odd. Tried Edge, Firefox, and my phone, all giving me that popup message.

eagle74

Well, I actually got on the site earlier today with no issues, but tried it 5 minutes ago & got the flash player pop up.

Unconstantean

i was loging in with facebook , so for safety reasons i've changed my fb password. Also i've tried to publish an entry on my CJ and near the favicon on simtropolis there was a pulsing pause sign. After that the site can't be reached error 500 showed up. And after that the redirect. If i try to enter it via mobile it gives me the 500 error

eggman121

Looking at the Discord Chat and just chatting to Dirk.

At no circumstances should you access or try to access Simtropolis until the all clear is given!

-eggman121

CCXXII

Why would someone do this?  Just sad.

Tarkus

Per the Simtropolis Twitter account, it's a domain hijack attempt.  Really sad (and scary) to see our colleagues at ST are having to deal with this, and I wish them all the best in fighting off these ne'er-do-wells.

-Alex

tomvsotis

ugh. this is awful for them, and i hope they get through it ok.

APSMS

They seem to be back up as of a few minutes ago
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

Indeed, per the official Twitter account, they're back.  Really glad to see that Dirk was able to make quick work of it. 

There's also a note in a subsequent tweet that should you still have issue accessing the site, it may be that your ISP hasn't propagated the DNS changes (which, speaking from experience with our past server moves here at SC4D, can sometimes take up to 48 hours).

-Alex

mrbisonm

Scared the "tweaty" out of me..........

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)