• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Canal Addon Mod - Wrong texture at the egdes?

Started by brechtje, July 24, 2017, 11:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brechtje

Greetings,

After some years i've decided to reinstall SC4 and play the game again with most of the mods, LOT's and BAT's i had earlier (but deleted them).

Now i want to build a railtrack over Simgoober's Canal set. I've used the Canal Addon Mod, but when I place the "viaduct over canal edge" i god something completely different. Any idea what went wrong and how to fix it?

Akallan

Hello, it seems to me that the appropriate mod to make such an overpass would be to use this mod: Brick Canals Overhanging Set

This is a batch of a single 1x1 tile that has an extension. This vout lets you build what you want on the water. The real lot is built on a single square, but when built it lands on two squares. I hope I've helped you.
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Alan_Waters

I had the same thing when I installed the canal from the ASC. After the removal of this canal, boxes appeared on the site of lots, so I do not use canals from NAM.  &mmm

mgb204

This sort of thing is likely the result of an ID conflict somewhere. But since the NAM uses reserved IDs, those should not have been reused for other canals, as such it isn't a problem with the NAM, but the canal pieces that used the same IDs.

Check first if you have the multiple CAN-AM sets mod by Diggis installed. I've a feeling that mod would potentially have problems that might cause this effect. If it's there, try removing it and see if the problem is resolved.

Otherwise you need to remove the ASC set which is conflicting or otherwise re-ID the conflicting pieces so they have unique IDs.

matias93

You installed Diggis and BarbyW's mod to compatibilise various canal sets with the CAN-AM. That mod works by wealthifying the canal pieces and making the CAN-AM ones to respond by mimicking them with T21 wealthification. No wealth is linked to the ASC set, and the close placement of those rail viaduct pieces causes it to show.

Try placing puzzle pieces of the desired canal set close to the pieces to change their T21 wealth, and if that doesn't work, remove the central railway and add puzzle pieces the middle.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

brechtje

Quote from: matias93 on July 24, 2017, 03:56:59 PM
You installed Diggis and BarbyW's mod to compatibilise various canal sets with the CAN-AM. That mod works by wealthifying the canal pieces and making the CAN-AM ones to respond by mimicking them with T21 wealthification. No wealth is linked to the ASC set, and the close placement of those rail viaduct pieces causes it to show.

Try placing puzzle pieces of the desired canal set close to the pieces to change their T21 wealth, and if that doesn't work, remove the central railway and add puzzle pieces the middle.

Nice, thanks. This actually helped!  &apls