• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Been dusting of some old models and updated the UV-mapping and the textures, using some new techniques:

Venice Water Taxi.

noahclem

I loved being on that kind of boat when I visited. Though to be completely fair I love being on almost any boat  ::)   I'm really excited about your ferry automata project and those shinkansens look outstanding as well. I hope to get the chance to work with both in the non-overly-distant-future ;)

vester

A game shot:

The railing is standing out a lot better than I expected.

emanuelfranco0390

OMG dios! que bonitos! no puedo esperar; gosh! that's so amazing, can't wait! :)

romualdillo

Great work again!!! The textures are perfect!!!  :thumbsup:

vortext

That's quite an improvement indeed! Great work!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Thank you all. Glad you like it.
Makes me what to get these done and uploaded them:

They are shown in a bit of random order:
ACTV 2 (Beige / red)
ACTV 1 (White)
GVB (inspired by suburban train from Amsterdam)
SIF, Staten Island Ferry
GVT,  Göteborg, Veolia Transport.
SHF, Sidney Harbour Ferries
CPH, Copenhagen
FL, Finn Lines.
CFSF, Corsica Ferries, Sardinia Ferries.

vester

Just status report. Have mod all the ferries as both replacement mods and as additional mods.
So far all the additional mods has shown and have tested the first 5 replacement mods.

Thought that one color was missing:

Have modified the model a little. The railing at the stern has been moved in to compensate for the games way of rendering the models.
Compare it to the pictures at the top of the page. I am sure you can see what I mean.

bap

Excellent work, as usual!  &apls

noahclem

Outstanding work on these Arne  &apls  +1 for breathing new life into the often-neglected area of ferries  :thumbsup:

vester

Thank you both.

Have been testing the water taxis. All has shown. Well sort of.
Decided to do two more when I was working on the readme. Just couldn't help myself. :P
You will have to wait to see what the last two looks like.

Yes I am working on the readme, almost done. Next up is the installer and an image for it.
Here is the top image from the readme:

vester

I upload the water taxis yesterday:
VDK Mods, Ferries. Volume 01, Water Taxis:

The last two, the BSB and the OSV was inspired by Berlin S-Bahn trains and the trams from Oslo Sporvej.

This is my next project:

This is a picture from the first day it sailed.
Its a very short line, something like 300-400 meters :P

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

vester

Is that the water taxis or the new small car ferry or both you like Derry ?

A little progress been done tonight:

Rayden

Where is the "Like" button?  :thumbsup:

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

TheTeaCat

Quote from: vester on October 22, 2014, 05:53:39 PM
Is that the water taxis or the new small car ferry or both you like Derry ?

Both! But to be honest I'm really liking the ferry model!
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

deora

I`m really a Fan of your Automata Replacements,most Automatas and Vehicles in my Game are your Products (Passenger Train,Freight Engine and Steam Engine,the Passenger Ferry and soon the bigger Ferry...)

Besides that,i`m loving your new big ferry.I assume you will also do it with different textures for different countries and places.
I wonder if you are also recreating the "Roofjunk" on the Car Ferry or is it too much detail for the game to handle?
Besides that,great work as always,keep up the good stuff.

compdude787

Nice to see a double-ended ferry! Unfortunately, I'll bet it'll still move from terminal to terminal like a single-ended ferry, and instead of staying at the terminal for long enough to load and unload cars, it just bounces off the terminal and goes to the other side! So unrealistic; unfortunately, I have a feeling that that is something that is hard-coded into the game. :(
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

vester

Thank you all. Glad you like it.

deora: What can I say ? Show it, that you are using my mods ;)
Good to hear people are using my works. Would like to see people to show it.
About roofjunk: If you look at the picture below, you see most of it, is going to be more or less invisible in "game scale"

compdude787: What can I say ? Pretty sure its not going to change the way the ferries is working. Still that odd way toooooo long sideway slide at the terminals......

Been working / working on finish another part of the old project......

Looked at where the small ferry I am doing is going...... let say this way,
its a short route it have..... 300-400 meters long.

Yes its not long......