• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on October 12, 2017, 09:42:30 AM
never understood why don't they pick the corn first and do this after. maybe you can shed some light on it for me!  ::) ;)

gn_leugim.; The Chaff or shredded corn (mais or maize) without the cob (the grainy part) has not as much feeding and nourrishing value. The grain adds a lot of protein and vitamins to the chaff. That is why we wait for the cob to be fully developed before cutting it. Here in Canada it is generally in October. Later, like in November or december, the nutrition value of the chaff is dropped to 5% only, therefor only the cob is harvested for the grain. Hope that clears it up. ;)
Glad the new tex of chaff is to your liking. :thumbsup:

Hey FrankU, I keep them coming. ;)

Only time for one tonight, I am expecting family for the evening.

A steel silo.....I have 4, 5 or 6 of these in different styles, textures and sizes. Actually I have about 25 of them, but I will only keep the principles and best for the MFP1. ;)

Ok, I don't know if I will have time tomorrow, all depends on the decisions we make tonight with my family, but Saturday and sunday are supposed to be rainy days, I'll be here. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

gn_leugim

it does clear it out now!  &idea

regarding the new model, I would only change the with part to a less saturated/bright color. as it stands a bit too bright. but that is optional ;) otherwise looks good! ;)

Keep up :)

mrbisonm

Some more models of the Siloset today to show, 2 of them are 3 years or older and they have a few texture problems, it shows on the preview pics, but not ingame. 2 other models are from earlier this year (Spring), which can be easily identified by their better quality. Unfortunatly the small details do not show well ingame.
Then the other models are somewhere from 1 to 2 years old, good enough to be kept as they are and uploaded into the MFP1 Set.

There's still a lot to come. As I said before, the siloset is the biggest (together with the Shedset) and therefor a lot of models. I will keep the set as "small" as possible, but yet have a little of everything I made for this set. There are 176 Silo BATs in my gmax and 3dMax folders from which I am choosing the final futur uploads. I hope that I will not have more than 60 models...... &Thk/(

I saw that there are more than hundred views per day of this thread and it has become the biggest thread in this category, but where the heck are the comments? What's wrong with you, the viewers, not interested in this but curious? And only 8 Likes?
I hope that there's still some of you interested in this set!! ???

More :shocked2: to come tommorrow, enjoy:

Fred

Jack_wilds

okay...  ::)  I'll chime in..

its all great!!!   &apls 

happy now  :bnn:  ???  :bnn:

seriously though... I really have nothing to point at technically and cry about...
the blue harvestone silos issue was pointed out so I did not see a need to do it again...
I am liking the quality, volume and variety of your sets... what I will point our specifically is teh ground level silos, teh details and the textures used... and then my favorite vertical silos is teh cement block/ concrete ones...

what I hope can happen when teh sets are sorted is pick a few vertical silos and put ads on 'em like they did for years... my dad's silo had a banner for a special corn seed that worked great for two years then got bought out...  and teh local town cafe and barner shop... implements, tractos.. FarmlandHarvester had one thats burned into my memory.. plus teh hardware store to and then there was one for cigars and lumber and milk/ dairy... the list went on as teh region here had a very good sales man for that.. but it paid dad for awhile...

a number of items bring back memories long forgotten of chores gone by... looking forward for this project.. perhaps its my time to finally lot stuff and use your packs to make it happen...

anything else  %confuso

be blessed   :)

mrbisonm

Thanks Jack_wilds for coming out of the shadows, I appreciate all comments.

First the harvestone silo texture (roof) looks a lot better ingame than on the picture, that is why I didn't bother commenting on it, as all BATters know that the colours are different in preview and ingame. IRL, they are very white, at least here in Canada, and "glow" from far away. So, I think it should be ok. ;)

For the advertizing Banners, just wait 'till I show the Vertical silos. Yet I've only put a few to change the models a bit. ;) The banners are Harvey's for a beef farm and a Farm Insurance (can't think of the name right now) for others. There's also a few sheds that have commercial advertising, like Shell, Purina and IH Tractors......
Thanks

Great comment.  :thumbsup:

Fred

Silur

Hi, Fred. I can't see Your pictures now. Postimage show me "Image not found or was removed"  :'( :'( :'(

mrbisonm

Quote from: Silur on October 15, 2017, 12:21:59 AM
Hi, Fred. I can't see Your pictures now. Postimage show me "Image not found or was removed"  :'( :'( :'(

Hmm, strange, because I have no problems to see the pics.........

EDIT:

I just went through my list of finished products to continue making the next preview pics of my siloset, category, organize, list and upload them, while I came to this model below, which was not included to be on the MFP1.
I have 9 Grain Mixingstations in all, all more or less different and I was going to upload only the two best.
But when I opened this one, I became regretful and I decided to include this model as the third mix station. Unfortunetly it ain't finished yet, need some BATting (pipes, bases etc) and some texturing. So, I will do this today. Be back later tonight with the results.

Fred

mrbisonm

I didn't have time to finish the model, so it is still under construction. Also now that I see the pipes, I probably will redo them. There's still  a label on the silos coming, also some details to the ground, pipes, discharge etc and I also have to see it ingame tomorrow to see the textures during gameplay and maybe improve/change them.
So, I guess I will be stuck on this one for a day or two. 
This model will also be uploaded for Farming Simulator later with more details of course. ;)

Question: Since I already have two Mixing Stations identified as Purina and as CO-OP, the two biggest of Quebec, I would like to know what is the biggest Farm Feed Store or Grain Distribution in your country, whether in the US, Canada or Europe.?
Let me know please, so I can add that one to this Mixing station and use others for the sheds. ;) Thanks

Fred

gn_leugim

Hi Fred! great work on the mixing silos! just one advice thouh. again, your steel/white textures are too shinny and bright, and a bit oversaturated. if you could dull them a bit down would make wonders ;)

As for companies, here in Portugal we have Ceres in the north Portugal (Oporto to be more precise):
Google search
As well Germen (still at Oporto)
Google Search

These last two are more of mills than grain resellers (although they do that too)

Agromais: Google
this is more the reseller thing :)

hope it is useful :)

Simmer2

Hi Fred.

Here is a list of Canadian companies that deal with grains, https://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/licensee-licence/licensed-agreees-eng.htm

Those silos are indeed a bit too bright, if you are using a custom texture, set the diffuse color to black and tone it down to 75/80% it will do wonders.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

gn_leugim, Thanks I tought so too that the brightness was a little too much, also thanks for the names of the Feed companies. I will see if I use them.
Nick, thanks a lot for the Canadian feeder links, they will surely help. You're right about the brightness of the Mixer Station also.

Still need some American Feed and Seeds Company names (well knowm) and some European, preferable from Netherlands, Germany, Danmark, Eastern Europe, France as well as Australian and UK,  etc

Fred

Simmer2

Hi Fred.

Here are a few global grain trader's logos. They are all over US, Europe, China, Australia...etc! They are collectively known as the "ABCD" conglomerate.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Jack_wilds

Hi Fred...

only ones I recall are mom and pop and local cooperatives... the national brands bought, sold off then shut down and built larger more centralized...  Amherst Jct has a big mill silos, Marshfield has a few... Greenville has its local coop, and Depere is having a new operation move in and expand, just don't its name...

the more south in teh state the more mills for seed & Feed...   the one I remember best was called Midland CO-OP when it was in central WI... it still functions in Ashland... will look more to see what is found... too much of farmers culture heritage here in the state is gone... :(

:satisfied:

mrbisonm

Jack_wilds, I suppose that the US has about the same as us. If you find something really America (except Ralston-Purina), let me know.

siemanthepieman, Thanks, I willingly take the GrainCorp Logo, looks good! ;)

I wasn't able to work on the Mixing machine, Tried to make the texture less shiny, but havn't figured out how, So, I will put it aside again and continue on Wednesday with more and other silosets. I will be busy somewhere else tomorrow.

Fred

FrankU

Quote from: Silur on October 15, 2017, 12:21:59 AM

I had the same some days ago.... no time to comment then. But now they are all bakc. What did you do Fred?

Your work looks really useful, plentiful and beautiful!

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on October 17, 2017, 06:55:42 AM
I had the same some days ago.... no time to comment then. But now they are all bakc. What did you do Fred?

Never had a problem and I didn't do anything with it, so I suppose it must have been the site itself that had problems and I was on there in between somehow. ;) Glad that you can all see the pics again.

If I get back early enough tonight, I might make some quick pics of other models that I wll include, if not, it will be thursday before I will have some free time again. ;).
To encourage you, approximately the two thirds of all silos that I will include in the 3rd set of the MFP1 have been shown sofar. But there are still some that I might ex- or include later. ;)

Fred

brick_mortimer

Hi Fred,

didn't have time to respond to your request for logos for grain feed silos

In Belgium we have AVEVE, the largest supplier of animal fodder (and sowing seed etc.):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aveve
https://www.google.be/search?q=aveve&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjO6N_av_jWAhWGh7QKHTxpCQwQ_AUICygC&biw=1600&bih=794

(although the company succesfully rebranded itself in recent years as the go-to place for a modern and eco-friendly lifestyle with shops in town centers etc., it's still the one company I thought about when you talked about feed and seed suppliers)
Glad your huuuuge project is nearing it's end &apls
Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

mgb204

Just a quick note to say what an amazing job you are doing with all these props. Looks like we'll be industrialising our agricultural areas in no time, in many ways it's about time.

Thanks to both Fred and Frank for all the hard work on this project, it's going to transform farming in a big way.