• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Enlighten me about NAM, Help!!

Started by Rr enz, November 06, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rr enz

I have a serious issue about my self. Im finding some MODs out of boredome without any interest and I red threads about NAM. I download it with the following https://sites.google.com/site/sc4modds/ . Transportation/Network Mods, Gameplay MODS and some of the other Mods. **Wild interest appears.

The first time i installed it and with the other mods in the link, it feels heaven that I crated a 90k pop city within just 2 hrs in one sitting.( Dont know if i installed CAM and have no java run time ,cant open the simulator. )

Basically, have 2 tile city, indstrial and the main. Imagine, end part of the industrial city are ful of manufact and dirty.The only road connecting to the main is an avenue, barely some busstop,2-4 busstop in a 8x3 block of 6x6 zoned tiles industrial something like that. The road connecting my main city to the industrial is the only avenue and at the later part is my Commercials and residentials, some busstop,  2-4 busstop in a 6x2 block of 4x5 zoned tile residentials and commerce.  Got no traffic, no commute time long, no abandonment. I occupied only 1/4 of the medium map with 1/4 water. ( **No realism included, well i had fun. )

Then, later the game crashes after I opend it, the tile with the city of 90k pop gone, cannot be selected, it just blacked out ( But thats not the issue ). im confident that If i reinstall it, I can get the same result so,I uninstall/reinstall the sim city and and when I played , the real issue poped out.

I experience the CAM bug w/c doubles the graph and make ur city stagnant from growth.

I tried uninstalling reinstalling MODS esp NAM and tried several with and without CAM just to feel the heaven of having a large population city.

issues ive encountered until this time:
-2nd try. Commute time was long and abandonment
-3rd try. Stagnant from the start (2k population with no growth on the buldings, just the first building in the game)
-4th try. Stagnant from medium ( 6k pop not growth and commute time long and abandonment
and up to now im still experiencing long commute and abandonment and stagnant ( not normal for me when i first tried the NAM ) Ihave access now TSCT since i installed JAVA but nothing happend. My only mod now is NAM w/o CAM

Please help.

mgb204

The things is there is a lot here to take in. It's hard for me to say X is the problem.

It sounds like you are new to this modding thing? If so then my advice would be to take it slowly at first. Mods that make big changes to your game should be installed and tested one at a time. The game can be a delicate ecosystem to setup and get everything working in harmony. I'd start out with just the NAM and once you're happy with that you can consider using other mods like CAM. It's also probably not a good idea to mess with the TSCT unless you fully understand what such changes will cause.