• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

T&A Health... reminds me of another prolific BATer's sense of humor  :P
:thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

Quote from: reddonquixote on November 15, 2015, 10:54:22 PM
Quote from: mattb325 on November 15, 2015, 12:25:37 PM
Additionally, so many wonderful bats languish unfinished because of feeling the need to bat interior furniture

So true! Exactly what I was thinking  ;D Nightlights have an extreme irony attached to them... there's an intense demand for them to have 'perfect realism' but they are rarely actually used in-game  :D Absolutely nothing wrong with these nightlights in my opinion (that's my 2c worth anyway)

The train station is magnificent. It's great to have an old master back on the BATing scene  &apls &apls

I agree completely with all of this.

I think the current night lighting suits the scale and purpose. I very rarely use night mod anyway so I don't tend to focus too much energy on the lights it when looking at new creations. I can also jazz night scenes up in photoshop if I feel the need
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

c.p.

I love the clinic.  It's an interesting modern design. &apls

Also, the train station turned out fantastic :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great work on both  &apls  Love the clinic name :D  As reddonquixote mentioned it's better to have the bats with no quite perfect night lights than have them languish :)  That said, I am one of the guys that uses night view frequently.

mattb325

Working on a new reward pack which I will hopefully release before the end of the year.

So far one-and-a-half models down - several more to go....

I have been testing these as a variation on the current in-game reward and so far the current modding fills a good niche in terms of desirability, growth and demand caps.

Will work on doing the read-me for the clinic this weekend to get that out of the way

Girafe

lovely Matt  &apls &apls

I presume a town hall for the 1st pic, I love the idea of a diag building
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

Beautiful BATs once again. I particularly like the second, modern one. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Oh, that first building is awesome! We definitely need more diagonal government / landmark type buildings. Great work!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Jack_wilds

okay stop teasing... &apls

is there finally gonna be a pack of city/town halls?...  ???

I sure hope so...

so I will watch and see
:popcorn:

mattb325

Thanks guys

These will be a pack of Council Chambers, so I am modding them slightly differently to the Town Halls (although they will share the primary occupant type).
IRL, council chambers roughly occupy that space as an administrative centre, but I am unaware of anything being done to replicate this in game.
When looking for options to base the models on, most council chambers are really bleak and grim looking buildings and so out of the 10 or so models I have chosen, the brutalist version has to get a look in. This one is based on a building in (of all places to have a brutalist building) sunny, cheery California:

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Loving all these  &apls  The nightlights appear very, very nice as well!

Jack_wilds

okay... so town hall/ counsel chambers is same similar alike except as a town hall?... is teh town hall so hard wired in the game other versions can't be made   ()what()  just clarify a bit... hope to use them to act as town halls at anyrate

I like the choice of the brutalist style... it shows why its called brutal

and then, in the collection to make a town hall for small rural towns and townships... also, can a township hall the ones seen across America where civil services are combined under one roof [police, fire, civic hall, town services, etc]... I do not know if Australia has such town halls wherein rural townships do that to....

like the making of this set... it all promising  :satisfied:

:popcorn:

manga rivotra

I always wanted to differentiate my cities by using town halls ( or council chambers ) with different architectural syle.
And with this new beautiful package, I'll can finally do it : great idea !  &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

Thanks guys  :)

No update - just wanted to answer Jack's question.

I saw quite a number of combined 'city administration' buildings (as I believe they are called in the US) which had a town hall/police/fire station as either part of the building or as a small campus arrangement. I have added those to a future project as they really caught my eye.

So the short answer is yes, it is possible to mod a single building to be these three things.

It has been done once before, and unfortunately the person who did it is sadly no longer with us, but I have the file and will try to copy the internal workings in the next pack.

Maxis made the town-hall as a 'courthouse' occupant building (except for the last one which is also a tourist building) and placing these rewards helps alleviate commercial demand caps that inhibit city growth.

However for this pack, the council chambers idea is combine the commercial cap raiser with a bit of residential demand as well. Given that the buildings are smaller and the Maxis town halls only increase landmark effects by 50-70 points over 22-26 tiles, it won't hurt to have two or more on the same city tile.

Hope that explains it....

Jack_wilds

mattb325

During the 1960s and 1970s, Tehran was a popular destination for western tourists.

Tumultuous events of the late 1970's saw Persia (as Iran was then known) loose its shine with the West; but as with all exotic things popular in the west, this popularity found expression in copied architectural styles.

Civic architecture was an early adopter of this simplified Persian style; the main building of the Lincoln Center in New York is a particularly famous example of this style.

All of the typical, classical ornamentation is reduced to very simple, strong geometric shapes. It was undoubtedly modern; but probably seen as a more sophisticated architectural expression than the somewhat similar atomic & googie styles which were prevalent at the time. Thankfully, all three styles fell out of fashion.  :)

At any rate, so many civic buildings of the 1960s had this simplified Persian style that seems fitting to introduce it to SC4:

The lot size is 10x7 and in addition to the expected town hall occupancy, this reward also acts as a tourist building.

Jack_wilds

luv it... well done...  :thumbsup:

knot hole inspections have been busy of late here... keep up the progress :popcorn:

:)

art128

Another really cool looking complex, Matt!

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

These are fantastic! Good God, what nightlights  :o