• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No grass

Started by afagund, November 24, 2015, 06:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afagund

Hi,

Which sidewalk mod is being used in the screenshot attached? I found a mod that looks like this, but it is showing the grass between the sidewalk and the street for low wealth.

mgb204

A sidewalk mod will not change the appearance of grass on streets, this is because such grass is "baked in" to the textures for the game networks. You'll need a mod that removes this grass is addition to your sidewalk mod.

As it happens, I've been working on such a mod to support the newer NAM textures. The current pre-release of which can be downloaded here. It's pretty much finished, although you might find a couple texture problems.

afagund

That is awesome mgb204 ... works like a charm. Thank you very much!

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on November 24, 2015, 09:33:18 AM
A sidewalk mod will not change the appearance of grass on streets, this is because such grass is "baked in" to the textures for the game networks. You'll need a mod that removes this grass is addition to your sidewalk mod.

As it happens, I've been working on such a mod to support the newer NAM textures. The current pre-release of which can be downloaded here. It's pretty much finished, although you might find a couple texture problems.

I got a trojan detection warning (Trojan:Win32/Spursint.A) when I downloaded that. My system might simply be playing up but thought I'd mention it just in case there's an issue.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

There shouldn't be anything wrong with the file, it's simply a Nullsoft Installer System (NSIS) installer package. Probably a false positive from an over-protective scan, in any case my AV doesn't report anything.

belfastsocrates

Quote from: mgb204 on November 24, 2015, 12:01:55 PM
Probably a false positive from an over-protective scan

I was thinking that myself
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

afagund

mgb204 it has an issue. It is extending my sidewalk to rural streets.

mgb204

Did you select to install the textures for SAM streets? You can remove any of the SAM streets sets you don't want to show sidewalks in the SAM folder of the mod. Equally, if you don't want it to work for streets, that part is separate too.

afagund

Well, I just don't want it for dirty roads. You can't remove just dirty roads in the setup. I removed it manually and now it is working fine. Thank you!