• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks everyone  :)

That college is indeed a mish-mash of styles, in a way it is a bit like that seminary building, borrowing architectural bits and pieces from various movements and history periods.

Not so the next building......
Modernist, bauhaus and early 1960s style.
Perth Council Building is a reward that functions as a town-hall in game (like all of my reward lots, it is an additional lot, rather than over-writing in-game stuff)

Available here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31872-perth-council-building/

art128

A beauty, thank you!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

reddonquixote

BAT machine! Great work. I really like the college  &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Tyberius06

It's beautiful! :) Modern looking and very nice nightligths although I don't play with nightlights, but I love how it looks! :)
Thanks for sharing this!
And thank you for the collage building as well! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Beautiful! Really, really love the nightlights :thumbsup:

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Alan_Waters

"There is no limit to perfection!"  &apls &apls &apls

mattb325

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them  :)

Doing something ultra-modern for a change.

It's a convention center. In all these years, there are still only a very small handful of these available, and even fewer that are modded as an actual convention center reward (so, you are basically forced to use the maxis option if you want to cap-bust commercial demand).

Available here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31882-convention-center/

tigerbuilder

Thanks Matt!

Another awesome BAT...it's really amazing how fast you can make such great works.

Cheers, Tiger

Dantes

It look very modern. But perfect for Anime,Manga and Comic Cons & Gaming Cons !  :satisfied:

mrbisonm

Another Great One! I made a technical College (College of Technology) out of it, needed one badly of this style. ;) although it makes a wonderful Convention Ctr. :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

romualdillo

Great work as always!!  &apls

reddonquixote

That's an especially nice BAT. The glass is beautiful, as are the nightlights. The architecture is very interesting as well, with lots of great details. Great work  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

manga rivotra

I love the 2 last ones, stunning bat and very useful !  &apls &apls &apls

bombardiere

Yeah, there are not that many convention centres, so this is an useful addition to the game. Thanks.

so, how about a historic convention centre for old cities. ;)

matias93

Quote from: bombardiere on July 28, 2017, 09:38:30 AM
Yeah, there are not that many convention centres, so this is an useful addition to the game. Thanks.

so, how about a historic convention centre for old cities. ;)

Cool idea! Here in Santiago we have an old railway terminus refurbished as a cultural centre (which is pretty much the same as a convention centre, up to what I know). I guess they copied the idea from the Orsay Museum: it's called Estación Mapocho.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Yepp, that one is nice building. I've never been inside the building, but we were driving through in front of it a couple of times, while I was in Chilie (Santiago/Batuko) 1,5 years ago. Well maybe once I will be again in Santiago, I'll take a closer look on this building. :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

mattb325

Thanks everyone!  :)

The old fashioned purpose built convention centers were often Exhibition Buildings and Crystal Palaces, and date from the 1850s. Probably one of the best surviving example is in Melbourne (here are the google pics: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=exhibition+building+melbourne&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvmfaIha7VAhXJlZQKHUTEBb4Q_AUICygC&biw=1680&bih=905).

I think all of the Crystal Palaces burnt down.

But the idea then morphed into the World's Fairs, which has given us some of the best known structures of all time, think the Seattle Space Needle, Eiffel Tower, Statue of Liberty and so on. The point was that these showcased what was at the technical limits of possibility at the time and while World's Fairs have become something of an anachronism, the modern day convention centers also espouse the notion of being new and shiny....BUT there is an unintended consequence of doing an old-fashioned convention center: by its very nature it drives CO$$ & CO$$$ demand which means the game wants to build big, shiny skyscrapers to soak up the demand, so no more old-fashioned city  ::)  $%Grinno$%

Funnily enough, I have done a previous World's Fair building, a long, long time ago when I used Gmax:

and I turned it into a train station...it is here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1241

But enough digression.......

Today's BAT is quite a bit different.

I have combined the function of a junior and senior school + evening adult education into one multi-functioning lot. It is not a radical lot, the stats are in line with the upper levels of each of the in game large Elementary Schools, Large High School and City College.

The lot is 8x8 and coverage, costs etc are all in line with conventional modding for a lot this size.

It is available here:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/31885-urban-school/

mrbisonm

That school looks cool! And I remember that trainstation, I am still using it. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325