• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

flora to prop question

Started by snakee8, May 13, 2012, 03:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snakee8

I was wondering how one would go about creating props out of VIP's and Giraffe's MMP HD trees? The individual sc4model files do not show up in the plug in manager like the other dat files I've come across. I'm assuming this is because the xml file has been removed?? If that is the case, what steps would you recommend that I take to create these models as props? Although I'm aware these are under the flora section in the LE, I wanted to create these as props because it appears that the flora isn't showing on the lot due to overlapping LODS (which through some of my trial and error I assume is a minor limitation with MMP's and flora in general). Additionally, this is something I'm expecting will need to be done with Reader? If that is the case, I'm very new to Reader and although I've read the tutorials quite extensively, my results have been mixed and honestly left me quite intimidated by it.

Thanks for the help
-eric

jmyers2043

Hey Eric

Quote from: snakee8 on May 13, 2012, 03:33:07 PM
... I wanted to create these as props ...

Use the Xtool. It's better than the Maxis PIM. I just checked and his Parasol Pines show up fine and dandy. You can create props that way.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

snakee8

Thanks Jim! Worked like a charm.