• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Santa Barbara County - Update: The End.

Started by RickD, March 12, 2010, 07:09:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nbvc

Dantes

I like the social problem district  :) Fantastic Pictures  :thumbsup:

Jayster

Very nice update.

I've always wondered why you decided to model your CJ after Santa Barbara? It's a very nice area non-the-less and you have been doing a superb job at it.

Jayster

carlfatal

Hi Rick,
nice updates!  &apls
I like this reality feeling, all this parking space where nearly a complete quarter disappeared. Perfect work also on the Fisher Body Plant, the old power plant and the surrounding former industrial area. And although i don´t want to live there: this housing complex around evergreen park is damn realistic.
Greetz, Carl

rooker1

There is no doubt in my mind why you and your MD have landed in OSITM for a second time........great pics, awesome network layouts and beautiful night shots are just a few of the reasons.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us during January's OSITM.

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Everything looks fine at its place, I like it very well. Congrats on the OSITM!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Yan077

Great set of pictures, espacially the industrial area and the interchanges, congrats for the OSITM  &apls

Battlecat

Congratulations on your second visit to OSITM!   &apls &apls

I've always found your attention to detail in urban areas inspirational, especially your highway networks!  Looking forward to seeing more as always!

Kergelen

Congrats on OSITM!
I enjoy your big urban areas  &apls

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

I am very honored being selected for OSITM the second time. I am not a friend of big words, so let's get it started right away, ok?

There have been a number of new constructions arising in Santa Barbara's CBD. In the next couple of
updates I will show you the new developments.

A private investor bought a whole city block on South 4th Avenue and the old Imperial Theater on the corner of 1st Street and S 4th Avenue.

Construction starts right away.

A shiny new office building is standing in place of the old mixed-use city block.

A night shot of the new building.

Next, the old Imperial Theater is torn down. There have been a number of protests against demolishing this historic landmark.

The protests were not successful.

Admire the new KeyBank Tower, where the Imperial Theater once stood.

Replies:

apeguy, nbvc, Dantes, scott1964, carlfatal, solsystem, art128, Yan077, Battlecat, Kergelen:

Thank you so much. I appreciate every comment.  ()stsfd()

Quote from: noahclem on December 07, 2011, 05:10:24 AM
Nice update RickD  &apls  The projects and the factories are nice, though it's a shame the Fisher Body Plant has to go--a beautiful building with top-notch night-lighting. I'd love to see that RHW-6C's sharp curves get smoothed out with the new FARHW pieces  ;)

Look forward to more  :thumbsup:

I certainly agree that the new FARHW pieces would look so much better there. But I built this area when those pieces weren't available and I am reluctant to tear down many buildings to implement them. Sorry, but it is not gonna happen.

Quote from: Jayster on December 13, 2011, 11:14:43 PM
Very nice update.

I've always wondered why you decided to model your CJ after Santa Barbara? It's a very nice area non-the-less and you have been doing a superb job at it.

Jayster

Thanks. I liked the Santa Barbara Map that Blade2k5 created. It offers so much variety. And I checked Santa Barbara out on Google Earth because the company I work for cooperates with another company located in Santa Barbara, CA.
Originally I wanted my Santa Barbara to resemble the original SB much more closely, but it did not work out. To be honest, I regret naming my region Santa Barbara instead of using a fantasy name now.

Quote from: rooker1 on January 01, 2012, 06:28:13 AM
There is no doubt in my mind why you and your MD have landed in OSITM for a second time........great pics, awesome network layouts and beautiful night shots are just a few of the reasons.  I can't wait to see what you have in store for us during January's OSITM.

Congrats from The SC4D Staff!! &apls

Thanks!  ()stsfd()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kbieniu7

Oh no! Demolishing landmarks should be a crime!  :D
Congratulations for OSITM!  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

threestooges

Such are the signs of progress. Nice little update to start the month out. It's always interesting the balance that needs to be struck between developing an area and preserving the charm that initially drew people to it. Looks like the area is definitely increasing in desirability though. Congratulations on your second time in OSITM; looking forward to what you have in store.
-Matt

peter007

Great start in the new year. I hope many updates follow.

-Ernst

bat

Congrats for your second OSITM-award! &apls
Nice update. Looking forward to more... ;)

carlfatal

Hi Rick,
congrats on Your second OSITM!
And i agree with kbieniu: destroying the wonderful old theater was a crime, smells like corruption to me...  $%#Ninj2
But after i´ve taken my daily ration of fukitol i looked at the pictures again and thought: everything´s fine here!  ()stsfd()
Greetz, Carl

apeguy

Interesting update, the new office towers make a fine addition to the CBD, but I'm not sure about demolishing the theater though, a lot of people won't be happy with that, however the smaller office building is definitely an improvement over the old block. ()stsfd()

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Dantes