• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Black Bars Issue

Started by ChiefZDN, May 05, 2017, 01:51:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefZDN

Hello everyone,

I'm was installed SC4 with plugins like NAM. I just install DEDWD Security Fences, Functional Airports, SC4Fix, Real Upgradable City Hall by Simmaster07, etc. I always read the dependencies before downloading mods. But, after installing, my SimCity shown black bars. How to fix this issue?

matias93

That doesn't look like something caused by mods. Instead, it could be that some automatic update changed your graphics driver and now it's not adequately compatible with the game. Check if your automatic updates had run on the past days (particularly before the last pc reboot) and try to revert to the previous driver. Look for guides to 'downgrade' drivers, as they can be useful.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mgb204

Yup, it's a rendering issue and should not be related to mods.

I'd try testing software rendering, if that makes the problem go away, you may need to look at the drivers/configuration as Matias93 suggests.

ChiefZDN

Quote from: mgb204 on May 05, 2017, 08:01:02 AM
Yup, it's a rendering issue and should not be related to mods.

I'd try testing software rendering, if that makes the problem go away, you may need to look at the drivers/configuration as Matias93 suggests.

I'm using Intel HD 3000 mobile and on elementary OS 0.4 (Ubuntu 16.04). In previous laptop, the game is running normal. Thanks for information, I'll using software rendering.

art128

Yeah Intel HD3000 has some issues with SC4. Did you try using the SC4 Launcher (available at ST) and play with the different options? It helped me resolve some issues when i was using an AMD GPU.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ChiefZDN

Quote from: art128 on May 07, 2017, 12:30:33 AM
Yeah Intel HD3000 has some issues with SC4. Did you try using the SC4 Launcher (available at ST) and play with the different options? It helped me resolve some issues when i was using an AMD GPU.

Thanks for your info. But, I'm not seeing the black bars again.