• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Plugin folder search

Started by miguelkuk, March 02, 2017, 08:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

miguelkuk

Hey everyone.
I was wondering if there is a way to search my plugins folder for all my lots of a specific size (e.g. list all the lots in my plugins folder which are 6x5). Is there any tools I could use? I looked in SC4Tool but couldn't see any way to do it.
Thank you in advance  :)

Ernestmaxis

You can use the Pim-X so see what object there in specific folders.|

You can download it here
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2260

Andreas

There is a tool called "SC4 Lot Infos Generator" by wouanagaine that can scan your plugins folder and make a list of all lots, including data like the lot size. I'm not sure if there's a download link, I cannot find it on the LEX at least. I can send you a copy via e-mail, if you like, just send me your e-mail address via PM. :)
Andreas

miguelkuk

I have just read the user guide to Pim-X and apparently it gets extremely slow with a full plugins folder, which is a bummer haha. I'll give Andreas' suggestion a go and see what happens. Thanks guys!  :thumbsup: :D

twalsh102

There are several tools that let you browse the contents of your Plugins folder and provide you with the configuration information about your Lots.  Several are already mentioned here (SC4Tool, PIM-X, SC4 Lot Infos Generator).  I would like to add 2 more:  ILives Reader and SC4DataNode by rivet.

None of these tools will specifically do what you want to do (i.e. search for specific lots based on lot size - or any other parameter other than developer type for that matter).  So unfortunately, the answer to your specific question is no.

Tropod

Quote from: twalsh102 on March 02, 2017, 06:00:18 PM
None of these tools will specifically do what you want to do....

Closest thing is probably doing this via searching like so;

ilives reader

sc4reader

You can sort the data, so least it can help narrow down search.

Pretty much any property can be searched like this.

Andreas

As mentioned above, SC4LIG is able to create a list (HTML file) that provides all relevant information about the installed lots. Not sure if it ever got released here at SC4D or somewhere else, but I used it to create a list of my plugins folder content as reference. :)

Andreas