• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAMeLots - Linking all available lots and bats

Started by RippleJet, August 14, 2007, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: Diggis on September 01, 2007, 06:20:41 AM
If I run this aftre I instal the CAM lots will that cause issues?

I guess you've figured out the answer to this already Diggis...
As far as I know all CAMeLots have different filenames and TGI addresses than the corresponding pre-CAM lots.
Thus, you can safely run Cleanitol with the CAM Remove Lots BSC even after you've installed the CAMeLots.

Diggis

Yeah I thought as much, so I figured I would be safe.  One thing though, which I mentioned before, the Cleanitol file for the dependencies doesn't pick up the model files for DT and NDEX's work.  Very weird, but at least I know I have them

RippleJet

Would that be the one that contained the world [model] in the filename?

Diggis

yes, but the names were the same as the ones in the cleanitol file, it just didn't see them  &mmm

RippleJet

That's a limitation by Cleanitol, Diggis.

It was reported a while ago by bendy as well.

And as long as Wouanagaine is "living for real", we can't do much about it...

gabrielbyrnei

im sorry but i downloaded the Frank and Archai Tower II that is contained on the Commercial CAM.

I downloaded then the model and the .dat from simtropolis.com

But i realized that those files (model and .dat) are for the Frank and Archai Tower I which is for Stage 8 and Frank and Archai Tower II is Stage 9.  Help would be appreciated thanks.

redguy

Hi, it's me again :P.

I had a brown box with Place Ville Marie. In the Lex there wasn't a link towards the landmark (I also couldn't find it in there), so I downloaded it here: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=18004

RippleJet

RippleJet

Quote from: gabrielbyrnei on September 06, 2007, 03:34:50 PM
im sorry but i downloaded the Frank and Archai Tower II that is contained on the Commercial CAM.

I downloaded then the model and the .dat from simtropolis.com

But i realized that those files (model and .dat) are for the Frank and Archai Tower I which is for Stage 8 and Frank and Archai Tower II is Stage 9.  Help would be appreciated thanks.

The stage 9 Frank & Arhcai tower that is included in the CAM Commercial Offices BSC is based on DuskTroopers original model.

Thus, in order to avoid having a brown box with the stage 9 tower, you need the model file from DuskTroopers Frank Archai Tower.
Note that you only need the model file; FRANKANDARCHAITWR-0x5ad0e817_0x2d2d42d9_0x680000.SC4Model.
Do not install any of the Dat files; DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Growable.dat or DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Plopable.dat.

The NDEX Frank And Archai Tower II By DuskTrooper has not beed CAMified, and should not be used with the CAM.

redguy

Quote from: RippleJet on September 07, 2007, 07:38:13 AM
Thus, in order to avoid having a brown box with the stage 9 tower, you need the model file from DuskTroopers Frank Archai Tower.
Note that you only need the model file; FRANKANDARCHAITWR-0x5ad0e817_0x2d2d42d9_0x680000.SC4Model.
Do not install any of the Dat files; DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Growable.dat or DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Plopable.dat.

Why an emphasis on not? I installed them (I'm lazy), but the game seems to run fine...

RippleJet

Because in that case you will have the Frank & Archai Tower growing as a stage 8 as well, when it should be a stage 9.

Besides, the growable version (DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Growable.dat) hasn't been corrected since the early days of modding when it was made.
Its capacity is too large and the garbage pollution is rather high.

The ploppable version (DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Plopable.dat) will grow on an empty lot as well and should definitely not be installed.

M4346

Quote from: shoreman905 on August 14, 2007, 04:06:03 PM
5. Commercial Office §§§ CAMeLots

Lot Type   Lot Size  Lot Name  Growth Stage  Download CAMeLot here          Download BAT Model here
CO$$$
3x4
ILJ Export
CAM Commercial Offices BSCks_jpn MEGA Props Vol08

I'm sorry to be a royal pain in the arse, but the above-mentioned building appears to be missing and it doesn't make sense to me.

The LOT name is IJL Export EB, and that means, in my opinion, that it was made by Eburess? (sp?) I do have ks_jpn MEGA Props Vol 08 installed, but it does not show up in the LE (the Building).

I looked at the other IJL buildings by EB but couldn't find one that could possibly be the one in question?

There are these two:

EDIT: It must be the first of the above because the model is named IJL Export (i.e. Exported model :P)
EDIT2: I am also missing the Frank and Archai Model despite having downloaded the one you pointed to RippleJet, which is in my plugins folder.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

Quote from: M4346 on September 07, 2007, 10:34:38 AM
EDIT: It must be the first of the above because the model is named IJL Export (i.e. Exported model :P)

Thanks M, I'll correct it! :thumbsup:

M4346

No problem, glad I could be of assistance! :)

Would you mind, however, clarifying the below-mentioned?  ()what()

Quote from: M4346 on September 07, 2007, 10:34:38 AMEDIT2: I am also missing the Frank and Archai Model despite having downloaded the one you pointed to
New Horizons Productions

gabrielbyrnei

yes, i have done what you sayed, only installing the model and not any of the 2 .dat's

but still it shows a brown box :S

M4346

A quick look at the PNG file and exemplar file in the Reader shows that it is in fact the Frank & Archai Tower II. :)
New Horizons Productions

RippleJet

Exactly M! I just checked the TGI addresses myself. :thumbsup:

It is indeed the model file NDEX (DuskTrooper) Frank and Archai Tower II.SC4Model from NDEX Frank And Archai Tower II By DuskTrooper that you need.

Sorry for the confusion. Link will be updated :)

M4346

LOL! I don't know what TGI stands for, but I'm glad I was on the right track :P Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go and create Readmes :P
New Horizons Productions

redguy

Quote from: RippleJet on September 07, 2007, 08:03:02 AM
Because in that case you will have the Frank & Archai Tower growing as a stage 8 as well, when it should be a stage 9.

Besides, the growable version (DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Growable.dat) hasn't been corrected since the early days of modding when it was made.
Its capacity is too large and the garbage pollution is rather high.

The ploppable version (DuskTrooper's_Frank&Archai_Plopable.dat) will grow on an empty lot as well and should definitely not be installed.
Okay, thats sucks &mmm. Not because of that one lot, but because I didn't delete any of the dat-files from DuskTrooper (or any other building on which a CAMelot was based).

Can I just delete all those dat-files, boot the game, remove any brown boxes and just continue?

RippleJet

Quote from: redguy on September 07, 2007, 01:50:44 PM
Can I just delete all those dat-files, boot the game, remove any brown boxes and just continue?

Yes you can. Or even better, use the CAM Remove Lots BSC Cleanitol, which will remove all old lots belonging to those that have been CAMified. ;)