• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

What is 'Nouvelle Ville' mean?

Started by ChiefZDN, January 20, 2017, 10:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChiefZDN

Hello players,

When I edit the SC4Terraformer-created map, it show a city lock dialog. However, why in the dialog show the city name as 'Nouvelle Ville'? What is 'Nouvelle Ville'? It is default city name?

Regards,

Chief ZDN

Sorry if my English wrong. Sorry if I don't have screenshot about this topic because it happened some time ago.

fafalone

It's French for 'New City', the default city name in the English version.

Bon chance!

ChiefZDN

Quote from: fafalone on January 20, 2017, 11:24:13 PM
It's French for 'New City', the default city name in the English version.

Bon chance!

Thanks for your info.  :thumbsup: But, why Maxis use this name?

Tarkus

It'd depend on where your copy of the game was originally intended to be sold.  As time has passed, the discrepancies between original intended country of sale and actual country of sale have increased.  Most likely, you happen to have a French/European copy. 

-Alex

APSMS

I thought that this was because wounagaine, the developer of SC4Terraformer, spoke French natively, or am I mistaken in this regard?

Thus, although most of the program was translated into English, certain parts were forgotten about, like the French language references in the city names? It does this on my version of Terraformer as well, and although I am using the international/European version, it was changed to American English long before I got the Terraformer program.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

mgb204

Quote from: APSMS on January 21, 2017, 09:23:36 PM
I thought that this was because wounagaine, the developer of SC4Terraformer, spoke French natively, or am I mistaken in this regard?

I'm pretty sure you are right, I can recall seeing that myself, it's not really an issue and likely easily missed.