• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Wow and howdy mate.  You hit this square on the nail.  I have been all around Australia while in the U.S. Navy and by far my most favorite area is the Great Barrier Reef near Townsville; reminds me of small coastal/mid-west town. 

Your Outback is wonderful and again reminds me of the tours I would take. 

Great job and keep your real world sites alive.

Alan_Waters

This is not a game, it's already high art! Bravo!  &apls &apls &apls

korver

Replies

Themistokles: Thank you very much! Glad you enjoyed the London and Australia updates :)

eggman121: Thanks for stopping by, appreciate the nice words! Hopefully I'll be able to do a few more Australian cities down the line as well ;)

reddonquixote: Thanks for the kind words! I have to thank Xannepan for the kangaroos, hes been responsible for a lot of the great wildlife featured in this MD :)

dyoungyn: Thanks for the nice words! Always good to hear that reminds you of the real thing! :thumbsup:

Alan_Waters: Thanks for the nice comment! :thumbsup:

Akallan

Oh yes, it's beautiful all these latest updates! I'm always amazed to see everything you can do, it's nice! The images are supremely well done, I love the career, and everything else obviously! But careers are not always easy to do, but there you have it! :popcorn:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

korver

Thank you very much for the kind words Akallan! :)

korver

- UPDATE 77: Chicago -

Today, we're traveling to Chicago - the Windy City - to take a look at a number of this city's most iconic landmarks, from the past to the present.

We'll start off with a look at one of the city's great railroad terminals - Grand Central Station. Built in 1890, stations like these helped to transform the city into one of the most important railroad centers in all of North America. Here we see a scene from its heyday in the early 1930s - unfortunately due to dwindling passenger numbers, the entire station was razed in 1971.

Completed in 1925, the 462 foot tall neo-Gothic Tribune Tower quickly became one of the city's most famous skyscrapers.

When it opened in 1930, the massive 4,000,000 square foot Merchandise Mart was the world's largest building and became an important retail destination.

We move forward to present day to visit the home of the 2016 World Series champion Chicago Cubs - historic Wrigley Field. Nicknamed "The Friendly Confines", this legendary ballpark has been home to the Cubs since 1914 and is well known for its ivy covered outfield walls, hand operated scoreboard, and rooftop bleachers across the street.

Located in Grant Park, Adler Planetarium can be found overlooking the city's beautiful Lake Michigan shoreline. Since opening in May 1930, its been one of the city's most popular tourist attractions ever since.

In the suburb of Plano is where you'll find the famed Farnsworth House, located on the banks of the Fox River. Designed and constructed by Ludwig Mies van der Rohe between 1945 and 1951, it's one of the area's most unique sights.

Situated on the shores of Lake Michigan, Chicago's 3,300 foot long Navy Pier has been one of the city's most popular attractions for nearly a century. Centennial Wheel stands nearly 200 feet tall and is an iconic part of the city's skyline.

A view of the Chicago Loop and River North districts. Trump International Hotel and Tower can be seen soaring above the skyline in the lower half of the picture - built in 2009, it's the city's 2nd tallest building and reaches heights of nearly 1,400 feet. Towards the top is a view of Millennium Park, which features a number of landmarks such as Jay Pritzker Pavilion, Wrigley Square, and the highly reflective Cloud Gate.

A look over over Chicago's Magnificent Mile district, which features a number of the city's tallest buildings - such as the John Hancock Center, 900 North Michigan, Water Tower Place, and Park Tower. The Chicago Water Tower can be seen as well - built in 1869, it's the United States' second oldest water tower and is well known for surviving the Great Chicago Fire of 1871.

One last view of downtown Chicago, featuring the city's tallest and 3rd tallest buildings - the iconic Willis (Sears) Tower and Aon Center.

-korver

PaPa-J

Been to Chicago several times and you have captured this city perfectly.  I had to share this with my wife, she was born and raised on the south sub-burbs of Chicago.  She is astounded.  She can't believe these are pictures from the game I love to play so much.

Great Job! &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Krasner

Great  :thumbsup:The picture with that Mies Van Der Rohe house with the trees refelcting in the pond facing the terrace is breathtaking  &apls
ANARCHIST !!

Themistokles

Wow! The shoreline by the Farnsworth house and the old station area are just awe-inspiring :o
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

korver

Replies

PaPa-J: Thank you very much! Glad you two enjoyed the update :thumbsup:

Krasner: Thanks for the comment! Appreciate the nice words on the Farnsworth House picture :)

Themistokles: Thank you for the kind words! Glad you liked it :)

fantozzi

Quote from: Themistokles on June 10, 2018, 02:25:34 PM
Wow! The shoreline by the Farnsworth house and the old station area are just awe-inspiring :o

I agree - how the water and the white birds ad peace and floating - like, for an instance, time stands still and breathing on its peak turns from flowing in to flowing out (like a moment of balance between land and sea) - that's truely impressive. Korver is able to catch the moment of equilibrium like no one else.

Akallan

Everything is wonderfully well done! Great job! &apls
My CJ :

korver

Thank you very much for the nice comments Fantozzi & Akallan! :)

art128

Damn, Aon Center really is massive. Quite a bunch of nice updates recently, great work!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

korver

- UPDATE 78: Melbourne -

Melbourne is the capital of Australia's Victoria territory - and with nearly 5 million residents, it's also the country's second largest city. Known for being one of the world's most livable cities, it features plenty of things to do and see - from famous attractions, historic landmarks, and scenic sites. Today we'll be taking a look at this amazing city.

Our tour of the city begins with a scene from the past - Melbourne's Flinders Street Station in the early 1900s. Opening in 1910, it quickly became one of the city's most important and iconic railway stations - and the surrounding streets were constantly busy and bustling.

Although not quite as hectic these days, the station still remains as one of the city's most important transportation hubs.

Located in Yarra Park, the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground has been home to the Melbourne Football Club since 1858 and Australia's national cricket team since 1877.

The 394 foot tall Melbourne Star ferris wheel can be found in the city's popular Dockland district and offers spectacular views of the city.

The Yarra Valley is just a short drive from the city and is known for producing some of Australia's finest wines.

A late summer evening in the suburbs of Melbourne.

The Shrine of Remembrance is located in the city's King Domain parklands and was opened in 1934 as a tribute to honor the men and women of Victoria who served in World War I.

The Arts Centre Melbourne is a performing arts center located in Southbank and features a number of important theatres and concert halls. The centre's distinctive spire rises over 500 feet tall and is extraordinary at nighttime.

Melbourne is a city with a wide range of architectural styles, from old to new. Here we see the famous Neoclassical State Library of Victoria - built in 1856, it's gone through a number of renovations through the years and has become one of the world's largest exhibiting libraries. Right across the street is the modern Melbourne Central Shopping Centre - complete with a 690 foot tall office tower, it's become one of the city's premier destinations.

A view of the eastern end of the CBD, featuring a number of the city's tallest skyscrapers such as Nauru House, 101 Collins Street, and 120 Collins Street.

One final mosaic showcasing the city's iconic skyline, featuring skyscrapers such as Eureka Tower and the Rialto Towers.

-korver

I would like to take a moment to thank all the custom content creators who helped make this update possible! I'd like to give a special thanks to noahclem for giving me access to his amazing unreleased tram set - if you haven't seen the "NORO Trams and Textures" thread already, I'd highly recommend checking it out here :) Big thanks to Reddonquixote as well for all his awesome Melbourne content released over the years and for the tram stops used in the update :)

---

art128: Thanks alot for the comment, glad you're enjoying the updates! The Aon Center sure is massive, but I can't help but think that Darknono overscaled it a bit :P

Akallan

I know my comment is not original at all ... Well, that's beautiful! Everything is beautiful, and my god this little river that passes through the vineyards! :O
The suburb is superbly done too, it must have taken a long time to do it! &apls :popcorn:
My CJ :

manga rivotra

As always, it's absolutely awesome.  :o
I missed a lot of update that I discover with happiness now.  ::)
I love everything, but I have to say that the landscapes of Western U.S amazed me the most! The old urban scenes of Chicago and Melbourne appeal to me a lot too. The 2 mosaics of the Flinders Street Station are sublime, as much by the details as by the atmosphere created by your photoshopping. In short, it's art and it's a great pleasure to watch!  &apls &apls &apls

noahclem

Lovely update  &apls Perfect chance to show off RDQ's batting. The trams turned out great  &apls

Themistokles

Really good, as always &apls Especially love the old picture of the station, the suburbs and the Yarra valley.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

PaPa-J

Another great update, beautiful shots!  &apls

In the first photo, the one of Flinders Street Station, were all those sims part of the lot or were they plopable? Maybe even, dare I say, photo-shopped in?
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.