• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Problem with the SC4 updates

Started by io_bg, January 05, 2010, 09:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Hello, everyone,
I reinstalled SC4 and downloaded the two updates needed for the nightlights of custom bats. However, I always get this message when I try to open the first patch file:

I tried with downloaded the update from SC4D as well but I get the same error. My OS is Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Any ideas what's wrong?
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RippleJet

Just to be sure... did you update Vanilla to Rush Hour before running the patch?
What version number is your current simcity4.exe file?

io_bg

I've SC4 Deluxe ;) And the version of the exe is 1.1.613.0

xxdita

I'm just now doing a fresh install of the game, with the SimCity Box version of Deluxe. I don't think there's been any mention of a different version number for the Box? But I'll soon find out I suppose.

RippleJet

I think Rush Hour is 1.1.610.0 and Deluxe is 1.1.613.0.
But essentially they are still the same, and EP1 should update either of them.

Rayden

Make sure you are updating an European version of the game. That SKU2 is valid only for versions from  South America, Africa (except South Africa), Europe, Russia, Mexico and Central America.

If your version is an American (USA) then you must use the SKU1 patch, also valid to South Africa, India, Pakistan, Australia, and New Zealand versions.

If you don't know what version you have, try to download the SKU1 patch and install that one, if it's the wrong one, it will give a message like that. ;)

io_bg

I've a UK version of the game, that's why I downloaded the SKU 2 patch.

xxdita

SimCity Box gives version number 1.1.610.0, though it's Deluxe. I'll post again after I update the game.