• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reddonquixote

How do you produce these amazing artworks faster than I can look at them!  ()what()  ;D

I really like the rainbows, they are a very clever touch, so are the hot air balloons. All the images are of course, breathtaking   &apls &apls
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

korver

- UPDATE 38: Cephalonia (Rural Scenes) -

For our next chapter of Cephalonia, we stay in the countryside - but this time, focusing on the small village of Anomeria and a number of surrounding rural scenes. Quaint villages like these dot the landscape for as far as the eye can see - while they may be small, they more than make up for it with their charm and character.

Early morning in rural Greece is truly special - there's really nothing else like it.

While most days are sunny and beautiful here - it's not uncommon for fog to roll in at the blink of an eye.

... rain showers are probably the only thing that can spoil your day here. But the rain is usually gone as quick as it rolls in.

The golden sunsets of rural Greece are something that you don't want to miss out on.

Nighttime here is quiet, yet beautiful.

For centuries, small plots of land lined with stone walls have dotted the landscape. They're a cheap, efficient way to divide up fields.

When viewed from above - rural Greece can be quite stunning.

Myrtos Beach is off in the distance - and it happens to be our next destination :)

-korver

---

Replies

vinlabssc3k: Thank you very much! Surprisingly, MMP heavy scenes like these don't necessarily require a massive plugin folder. However, I've been working on a bunch of urban scenes lately and my plugins folder has been growing out of control :P

reddonquixote: Thanks for the kind words! I had a bunch of various projects I was working on earlier in the year and I'm finally getting to the point where I'm finishing them up - hence the huge amount of updates all at once ;D

manga rivotra

As in reality the small walls bring a lot to the beauty of these rural landscapes and the different kind o fields are superbly reproduced (I have a preference for olive groves, very realistic).
A real delight to watch.  :thumbsup:
The overviews are also breathtaking, it looks like aerial photos ! A great update as always !  &apls &apls &apls

korver

Quote from: manga rivotra on September 17, 2017, 01:16:27 PM
As in reality the small walls bring a lot to the beauty of these rural landscapes and the different kind o fields are superbly reproduced (I have a preference for olive groves, very realistic).
A real delight to watch.  :thumbsup:
The overviews are also breathtaking, it looks like aerial photos ! A great update as always !  &apls &apls &apls

Thank you :) I have to thank Simmer2 for those great walls - his SM2 stones MMP set has been invaluable in making some of these scenes.

I still have a few more scenes from the countryside coming up later on - so stay tuned :)

carlfatal

Still if I try to imagine, that this amount of stunning pictures is the work of one year, - still then I can only repeat reddonquixote: I can´t look that fast at them as you produce them...  $%Grinno$%

Greatgreatgreat... I have no favorite, never have one, I am not able to choose between but I definately love your Cephalonia series, as it reminds me on a trip once there. Rural Greece is beautiful indeed. And your pictures reflect it in a perfect way.  &apls

korver

- UPDATE 39: Cephalonia (Myrtos Beach) -

Our next stop is Myrtos Beach - arguably the most beautiful location in all of Cephalonia. Due to it's remote location, you won't be able to reach it by foot - the only way to reach Myrtos Beach it is to traverse your way down a series of steep curves. If you're able to make it there however, you'll be rewarded greatly with warm waters, soft white sand, and the view of a lifetime.

The day starts early for anyone wanting a prime spot at the beach - and the roads throughout the surrounding countryside are already starting to fill up with cars.

The roads slowly start to get steeper and steeper - a sign that we're getting closer to the beach.

As we start to see scree slopes dot the surrounding hills - it means we're just about there.

We stop at an overlook and get our first good look of the beach. It's quite stunning.. but the first order of business is how to get down there.

There's only one way, and it's not for the faint of the heart. A steep road filled with hairpin curves traverses down the mountainside - and when it gets busy, it only becomes that much more intimidating. But if you can make it down to the bottom, you'll be rewarded greatly.

We're finally at the beach! We get a great spot and start soaking up the sun.

A couple of Myrtos Beach panoramas (click for full-size).

The beach in all its glory. If you can get past the huge crowds, there's really no other place like it on Cephalonia. It's a truly stunning natural wonder.

And finally, various views of the beach and surrounding countryside from above.

Myrtos Beach is truly a quite a sight to behold.

-korver

---

Replies

manga rivotra: Thanks for the kind words!

carlfatal: Thank you! Yeah, that gets mentioned alot lol :P I have a lot of projects I'm finishing up so expect a lot more updates to come ;) Glad you enjoyed it!

korver

- UPDATE 40: Cephalonia (Countryside & Overviews) -

Our journey to Cephalonia concludes with one last trip through the countryside. From the winding roads, small farms, and stunning natural beauty - there's so many things that makes this island so beautiful, and makes it a fitting way to end our trip. Additionally, I'll be showcasing some more overviews of Cephalonia.

We were last at Myrtos Beach - and after a fun day at the beach, we made accommodations at the nearby Plaza Myrtos for the night. Once nightfall hits, the only lights you'll find in the distance are that of the occasional boat or two. It's quiet and peaceful - but also quite beautiful.

Our room in the villa happens to overlook the edge of the beach - so we get an excellent view of the sunrise.

Fortunately, we didn't have to deal with any of the rain at the beach..

The rain finally lets up - but is quickly replaced by a blanket of thick fog for most of the evening.

The Cephalonian countryside is crossed by a variety of winding roads. There's no such thing as a dull drive here - and between every twist and turn, the views are incredible.

Small, charming churches like this one dot the countryside.

Two last overviews of the Cephalonian countryside.

And to wrap things up - a couple of full tile overviews. (Click for full size.)
I hope you enjoyed your visit to Cephalonia!

-korver

TheTeaCat

You have surpassed yourself once again! These are incredible skills you display.

Its just mindboggling what you do and I've seen some amazing MD's over the last 14 years I can tell you  &apls

I love the overview shots!

Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

manga rivotra

2 updates of remarkable beauty one more time!  :o
The relief is spectacular, perfectly reproduced and the 2 last ones overview are a great tribute to Sim City.   &apls &apls &apls
And the discreet photoshoping is exceptional as usual. In this domain I have a preference for the first night image, totally hypnotic.  :popcorn:

carlfatal

Quote from: TheTeaCat on September 22, 2017, 01:21:45 PM
You have surpassed yourself once again! These are incredible skills you display.

Its just mindboggling what you do and I've seen some amazing MD's over the last 14 years I can tell you  &apls

I love the overview shots!

Derry

There is nothing more to say.  $%Grinno$%

Halt, stop, one thing! Like always I am irritated by the speed, you build scenes like these. To be honest, Yann once made something like this in his Corse MD (also a pure beauty of an MD). But he never was that fast.

And well, if I am allowed to hop into music as another kind of art: Beethovens work ist mostly done by using a rubber, he needed really much time to come to an end with his compositions. On the other hand we all know Mozart, who only needed a pencil and a paper to create his music in one flow without bigger editing.

So this is, how it feels to look at your pictures. This is the real outstanding for me. You seem to have not a concept but masses of full scenes in your head, and you only need to draw them out. That is crazy, that is pure genius!

Wonderful pictures, can´t get enough. And I am also showing them to friends, who don´t know SC4, and also they look at them and get speechless.  :thumbsup:

korver

- UPDATE 41: Prague -

Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic and one of the most picturesque cities in all of Europe. It's a city steeped in history - once the capital of the kingdom of Bohemia, its been a cultural, political, and economic center for centuries.

The first stop in our tour is the Petrín Lookout Tower - located at the top of a small hill, this 62m tall Eiffel Tower lookalike offers stunning views of the city.

Not too far away is another one of Prague's famous landmarks - St. Vitus Cathedral. Construction took nearly 600 years, finally completing in 1929 - but this magnificent Gothic cathedral was well worth the wait. Countless religious and coronation ceremonies have been held here - making it one of the most important landmarks in the city.

To make it into the old town, you'll have to cross the Charles Bridge, spanning the Vlatva River. Completed in 1402, this stunning Gothic styled bridge is one of Prague's most famous landmarks and one of the world's most famous bridges.

We've made it into the famed old town. With the incredible Týn Church and Astronomical Clock close by, this stunning town square is steeped in history.

The aforementioned Týn Church (fully known as the Church of Our Lady before Týn) is one of the world's most beautiful Gothic churches - built back in the mid 1400s and completed by the mid 1600s, it towers some 260 feet above the surrounding rooftops of Prague. The cathedral also serves as a gallery of Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque works  - its a historic site in Prague that anyone visiting here should be sure to visit.

Like many other similar cities and towns across Bohemia and Central Europe, Prague enjoys a rich tradition of Christmas markets. Starting in early December and ending by early January, the stalls here have an unbelievable amount of goods on sale - from treats, decorations, handmade goods and more. For those braving the elements - the selection is second to none and its a trip you won't soon forget. No Christmas market is complete though of course without an enormous Christmas tree - and the ones here can get as high as 100 feet tall, making it truly a sight to behold.

Once nightfall hits and the snow begins to clear - you can get a clear view of the twinkling lights and all the magic this place has to offer.

Another one of Prague's famed traditions is the legendary fireworks display that takes place on New Year's Eve - the entire town gathers in the square and surrounding streets to take in the breathtaking views.

-korver

---

Replies

TheTeaCat: Thank you for the kind words, much appreciated!

manga rivotra: Thanks for comment, glad you liked it :)

carlfatal: Thank you very much! Always nice to hear that about my work ;) I have lots many more updates coming up, so stay tuned ;)

manga rivotra

This square in front of the Tyn Church is a true masterpiece, day and night and even more under the snow.  :o
I love all the details that make the photo so lively and also those that add even more realism, like this snow accumulation on the least sloping roofs, or the fact that it is less snow on roads where traffic cars is allowed.
Everything is always extremely thoughtful and nothing is left to chance.
It is a very impressive work in addition to being sublime aesthetically.  &apls &apls &apls

kbieniu7

Just passing by... but I couldn't at least say, that it's wonderful! All the people, cars, stands ant the entire rush on the Market Square and Charles Bridge are so alive!  Makes me want to come back to the real Prague!

Aboslutely magnificient work  &apls
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Tyberius06

Whoops I've missed a few updates. The Prague pictures are very nice, specialy the church and cathedral. I love the christian religious buildings although I'm not a religious person, but during all my travellings accross to Europe in the last couple of years I was visiting a lot of churches and cathedrals, because I love the architecture of them.
I guess you collected these churches from one of the online 3D modell warehouses, or did you made them? Because they would worth a release... :)

Thanks for showing these pictures!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

korver

- UPDATE 42: Paris (Part 1/3) -

Paris is the capital and largest city of France and has been one of the world's most important cities for centuries. This timeless city is known for its fashion, food, literature, entertainment, and culture. In addition, it's widely known as being an important international business and commerce center - making it a truly global city. Paris also boasts some of the world's finest architecture and much of the city was renovated in the mid 1800s by architect Georges-Eugène Haussmann. Over the next three updates we'll be taking a look at some of its most iconic sights and landmarks.

We'll begin with a trip down one of the city's most famous avenues - the Champs-Élysées. First completed in 1670 and redeveloped many times since, its impressive tree-lined streets are surrounded by many of the city's most luxurious shops, cafes, and theaters. On Bastille Day (July 14th), it's also home to the largest military parade in Europe.

The next stop is one of the city's most stunning cathedrals, the famous Notre-Dame de Paris. Opened in 1345, this awe-inspiring building is considered to be one of the world's finest examples of French Gothic architecture.

La Défense is Europe's largest purpose built business district and is where you'll find just about all of Paris' skyscrapers. The uniquely shaped Grande Arche in the middle is the centerpiece of the district - opened in 1989, it serves as a monument for the 200th anniversary of the French Revolution.

The Louvre is another one of Paris' premier destinations - inside you'll find the famous Mona Lisa in its art museum.

Our last stop for today is the Gare du Nord - first built back in 1846, this famous train station has been rebuilt time and time again to expand it's capacity. Today, it's the world's busiest train station outside of Japan and connects Paris with a number of other cities across France.

-korver

---

Replies

manga rivotra: Thanks for the nice comment as always, much appreciated! When I was making that custom square texture I really paid attention to those small details, glad you noticed it ;)

kbieniu7: Thanks for stopping by! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the kind words :)

Tyberius06: Thank you very much! Nah, unfortunately I didn't make them, that would take forever lol. Pretty much all of the special buildings came from 3d warehouse.

art128

I live in Paris. This is of great interest to me. :)

So far you did a great job with it. Despite there not being a lot of skyscraper from La Defense available, you did well with that was on the exchanges.

You can leave your pictures at 1280px resolution imo, you don't have to resize them.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

dyoungyn

Wow, totally amazing.  What makes your master pieces so wonderful is your level of detail for actual sites around the work.  I like to compare you pics with the actual google maps 3D image of the same site.  For your Paris "La Défense" scene, every detail is spot on except for one minor detail; google maps no longer shows the park to the right in front of the "Grande Arche" which appears to be updated with a few new minor buildings and a globe in the "UGC Ciné Cité La Défense". I do understand you are displaying the 200th anniversary of the revolution.

Still yet, totally amazing the ABSOLUTELY love the detail especially with the plaza's and "Cemetery of Neuillyin" the back ground.

korver

- UPDATE 43: Paris (Pt. 2/3) -

Our tour picks back up with a trip to La Madeleine - one of the city's most recognizable churches. Originally designed as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army - its Greek style sets it apart from the rest. Since its completion in 1842, it's been one of the most popular attractions in the city.

The Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe is one of the most beautiful theaters in the city and one of France's six national theatres.

The Palais Garnier is one of Paris' most grand opera houses - opened in 1875, it's a true masterpiece.

The next stop is one of Paris' most unique landmarks - the Centre Pompidou. Completed in 1977, this enormous colored building is covered in a maze of pipes going in every direction - and has housed a popular art museum ever since.
(Animation might take a little bit to completely load)

Our last stop today is one of the world's most famous landmarks - the Eiffel Tower. Completed in 1889 for the Universal Exposition to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the French Revolution - this 986 foot tall tower became the world's tallest freestanding structure for over 40 years. It's remained an icon of Paris and France ever since.

-korver

---

Replies

art128: Thank you! My monitor actually isn't too big so anything bigger than 960 gets cut off, so I'll probably keep on resizing down a bit if that's fine.

dyoungyn: Thank you very much for the kind words and feedback! :)

art128

Beautiful!

Only one thing though, for the roads around the Opera Garnier, i would have used avenues instead, to give a better sense of size.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Incroyable!

I was in France a week ago, but I've never been to Paris, so I'm happy to have at least a glance of its beauty in your photos. The Eiffel Tower surrounded by autumn-coloured trees and a slight fog is the best, just outstanding! 
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!