• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

True Earth

Started by korver, May 04, 2016, 08:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Hey, welcome to SC4D indeed. :)

I saw your CJ over at Simtropolis, awesome.

Nice to see you here too.

Just a heads up: try not to answer each comment one by one, since the MD progression here is based on reply count. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Themistokles

Wonderful, as I've said over at Simtrop :) Glad you decided to come over here too :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

korver

- UPDATE 4: Myrtos Beach -

Located on the island of Cephalonia in the Ionian Sea, few beaches across the globe can compare to Greece's breathtaking Myrtos Beach. Due to it's remote and rugged location, the beach is completely inaccessible by foot - the only way to reach it is to traverse your way down a series of steep hairpin curves. Once you make it there however, you'll be rewarded greatly with pristine, warm Mediterranean waters, perfectly soft white sand, and of course, incredible views.

Our journey gets started off with us making accommodations at a timeless Greek villa - our room overlooks the edge of the beach, giving us a fantastic view of the sunset. We'll be staying here tonight, and tomorrow we're off to the beach. 

We set off for the beach early in the morning, driving through endless fields of daisies and poppies along our way. However, just as we roll down our windows to take in the smell, the clouds darken and it starts pouring. It looks like our day at the beach could very well be in jeopardy.

Fortunately for us however, it was nothing more than a quick rain shower. The sky eventually begins to clear up and the beach starts to come alive.

We stake out a prime spot on the beachfront and soak up the sun - no better way to spend an afternoon!

Myrtos Beach is more than just a beach - it's an experience. Activities such as hang gliding are extremely popular throughout the area, so we throw caution to the wind and decide to give it a shot.

We make our way back to the beach just as the day begins to wind down. Once nightfall approaches, we get a little peace and quiet once the beach starts emptying out - being sure to take it all in one last time. A perfect end to our day.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Myrtos Beach! :)

-korver

---

REPLIES

art128: Thanks, I'll keep it in mind.  :thumbsup:

Themistokles: Thanks once again for the support, Themistokles  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Perfection... ACHEIVED!

MMP God status... UNLOCKED!

After seeing the best MMP work ever people should not just support this MD, they should be worshipping it.

Bloody hell... That is too darn good.

Gugu3

dyoungyn

DITTO, Absolutely Fabulous!!!  Love the realistic and wonder where you got the plopable road from?

matias93

Well, I think this is the way you win in Simcity 4. Guys, you can begin to pack, it's time to go back home, there's no way to surpass this.

No, seriously, this is the most absurdly realist thing I've seen done in this game. The mere fact it was done basically overimposing 2D images makes this almost incomprehensible.

Whatever, you'll need some replacement finger joints to keep to this pace of quality and speed, I almost can feel the pain of so much clicks and the frustration of so many involuntary errors.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

bladeberkman

I can't believe what I'm seeing. This is some of the most masterful MMP work the community has ever seen - equal to Badsim's Antigone or Yan077's Corsica. I'd love to see a post where you talk about your process. Thank you for sharing your work, I'm looking forward to more.  :popcorn:

compdude787

That is just truly epic!!! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

The beach sure is busy.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

APSMS

Quote from: compdude787 on May 18, 2016, 11:41:54 PM
That is just truly epic!!! :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls

The beach sure is busy.
Eh. You ever been to a So Cal beach?

But, these pics are indeed epic. I, well... I'm mostly at a loss for words. The image is so seamless, fluid, and most dramatically, it's an entire landscape, not just a small segment used for picture taking. The entire city/scene is actually there!

I don't know what wizardry you're using, but I want some of it, and I know I probably can't handle it.

:popcorn:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Themistokles

Fabulous! In one word, stunning! &apls And I've looked at these images surely five times already. ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

metarvo

This place is so full of life!  From the sunbathers to the rocks, every detail looks like it truly belongs.  This is wonderful, Korver!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Mandarin(a)

Again! Ah!
No words to describe it!
Just: enjoy ...  :sunny:

(I think I wrote a haiku - sort of ... ()stsfd())

Bojci43

This pictures are just unbelivable. I dont know how you do it, but this pictures are a masterpiece.
Where do you get those beach umbrellas?

Vizoria

Quote from: matias93 on May 18, 2016, 07:02:19 PM
Well, I think this is the way you win in Simcity 4. Guys, you can begin to pack, it's time to go back home, there's no way to surpass this.

No, seriously, this is the most absurdly realist thing I've seen done in this game. The mere fact it was done basically overimposing 2D images makes this almost incomprehensible.

I'm gonna give korver a run for his money... I'll be spending the next two to three weeks creating a deciduous/coniferous American MMP wonderland. It won't surpass what korver has done; match it though? Maybe...

A little competition is always good.

Bipin

Oh damn, this work is absolutely breathtaking!  &apls &apls

art128

I have to agree with bladeberkman, it reminds me a lot of Yann's Corsica and that's a good thing!
Really incredible level of details in these pictures. The only note I have to say is that I find the boat a bit too close to the beach for safety. However I've only been to the beach twice so I wouldn't know how it works IRL.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

korver

- UPDATE 5: Greece - Part II -

In our first Greek update, we got to take a look at one of Greece's most recognizable natural wonders. Now, we turn our attention
to some of Greece's most awe inspiring, mysterious, and magical landmarks of the past and present.

---

"There is nothing permanent, except change."
-Heraclitus

The center of the universe - the Tholos of Delphi

"Bear up, my child, bear up; Zeus who oversees and directs all things is still mighty in heaven."
-Sophocles

Athena's temple - The Parthenon

"Experience, travel - these are as education in themselves."
-Euripides

Born from ashes - Santorini

"I never learned how to tune a harp, or play upon a lute; but I know how to raise a small and inconsiderable city to glory and greatness."
-Themistocles

The capitol - Athens

"In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous."
-Aristotle

In the heavens above - Meteora

-korver

---

REPLIES

Vizoria: Thanks for the kind words.

Gugu3: Thank you  :)

dyoungyn: Thanks ;D

matias93: MMPing indeed can be a painful task, I hope I don't get carpal tunnel any time soon :P But the real victim here is my mouse: I already broke one mouse on my Lake Bogoria update scrolling too hard through my menu, and my backup mouse is already beginning to slowly die... ugh lol. Thanks for the comment :)

bladeberkman: Appreciate the kind words.

compdude787: Thanks! ;D

APSMS: Thanks :) Just alot of hard work :P

Themistokles: Glad ya liked em enough to look at them 5 times over :)

metarvo: Thanks for the kind words :)

Mandarin(a): Thanks for the compliment, in haiku form :P

Bojci43: Thank you. You can get them here: https://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads/view/1902

Bipin: Thanks, I appreciate it :)

art128: Thanks :) The pics I working off of for reference and inspiration actually had a decent number of boats close to the shoreline. After doing a little more research, it seems to be fairly common place across not just Greece but most of the Mediterranean.

FrankU

Gugu3

Been to both places!incredible reconstruction! &apls &apls