• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikenstein - Niederbauen - Further Exploration

Started by _Michael, March 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Incredible city that is indeed. Lots of bug boulevards and open spaces, it's really nice.
You may want to replop a few buildings in the CBD seeing as they've become abandoned. (EDF, Gan and Chase towers)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Quote from: compdude787 on June 07, 2016, 03:18:48 PM
That city is looking pretty nice so far! Great work. &apls
Thanks for the comment!

Quote from: kbieniu7 on July 24, 2016, 10:01:17 AM
Further views are impressive! A one big and continual urban organism! With a little bit feeling of some megalomania, while looking at those giant plazas and monuments  ;D
Glad you liked it!

Quote from: Themistokles on August 16, 2016, 01:35:57 AM
That's one BIG city you have there, with lots of wide boulevards! :) And I must say that you've found a nice solution to the problem of the non-aligning gables of the Bâtiments de la Concorde. :D You have also been very good at integrating diagonal quarters in your city lay-out. :thumbsup:

Mind if I ask what the 20th-century-looking building is on the corner left (in the 4th image) of aarsgevogelte's Yellow House? :)
Thanks for the comment, I think this is the building you are looking for!
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26675-ms-jubiler/

Quote from: art128 on August 17, 2016, 04:29:15 AM
Incredible city that is indeed. Lots of bug boulevards and open spaces, it's really nice.
You may want to replop a few buildings in the CBD seeing as they've become abandoned. (EDF, Gan and Chase towers)
Thanks for the comment, I'll go ahead and re-plop those!

---{--}---
I had a look round at the parts of Wolfskreut that I have just finished and thought these two mosaics might be quite good. The first is goes past the main train yard, anindustrial area and then onto farms and a country park. The second features one of the most open areas in the city centre - great in summer, but today we visit it in winter.

Since Gobias' terrain mods have been made available again, I've been busy changing from Meadowshire to the fantastic Bernese Oberland. This involved changing my override scripts which keep everything consistent; more work than you think - I think it's worth it though. What do you think?

I must credit @Vizoria for inspiring me in the MMP work; his CJ helped a great deal in providing ideas!

Hope you enjoy!

Hope you enjoyed this, sorry it is a bit delayed from ST. I've skipped the second Wolfskreut entry on SC4D and Kammersburg, so I'm up to date now, but the links are below in case you are interested.

http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/entry/27403-kammersburg/
http://community.simtropolis.com/journals/entry/27293-wolfskreut-cbd-and-some-more-images/
---{--}---

Themistokles

You've done some great mmp work there, especially those fields are really vibrant! And the mirroring trick really brings a new dimension to the more urban image. :) I think that you might want to look into those trees crashing through the elevated motorway though. ;D

Oh, and many thanks for the link! :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

_Michael

Started work on this Mountain-lake town. Just the foundations and centre done so far. What do you think?

Akallan

Pretty nice! Just put the buildings! ()stsfd()
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Gugu3

belfastsocrates

@michae95l Those look great!

The only two criticisms I have is the road crossing the rail deport with the multitude of crossing, it's completely unrealistic and looks a touch messy. The second is the building repetition, which in itself isn't bad but when it occurring so close together is just distracts from the overall look.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

mgb204

Some great work here with textures and unifying them all together. I really love Berner Oberland, I'm so glad that at least for now people can download Gobias' mods again.

I note you've some texture mis-matching going on, US textures on one of Rivit's mods I think. I may have some EU textures for those, did you make them from Rivit's repositories? Either way, PM me, I think we can get those fixed for you.

_Michael

And another WIP Image:
Since my exams have finished, I've been working on this. I had laid out the canals, rails and highways about 10 months ago, when I first got the map, but left it at that. I then picked it up again and it will become a largish town. Hope you like! :) 

belfastsocrates

I love that collection of older buildings around the square, looks really well!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Akallan

It's beautiful, I love also the old place. You made yourself a lot? There seems to be full of narrow streets between old buildings. :thumbsup:
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

vortext

Looks great, and loving the narrow layout as well!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Themistokles

That old city centre looks awesome around the central square! :thumbsup: The placement of the railway station is great as well. The only thing you need now is a cathedral and you'll have everything needed in a city! :P
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

_Michael

So welcome to a new town of "Schwyz". There is loads to explore, both urban and rural, so expect a busy few entries. The first is in the Old Town. Enjoy!  ;D

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

[
[

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------
Thanks for everyones comments on the WIP images! :D

compdude787

Can't believe nobody has commented on this. What a nice city! Looks more like a city than a town. I love the plazas and the outdoor tables outside restaurants. Great work!!! &apls :thumbsup:

I also love the canals and that one picture where all the railways split off from each other on the viaduct. I also like the use of FAR. I noticed you have some Maxis trees alongside that FA road in the first picture. You might want to get rid of them with this Maxis tree replacement mod.
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

art128

The town center has a lot of charm, I like it a lot. Agree about the maxis tree, they ruin a bit the pictures. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Great! Very good choice of building, making the Old Town very cosy. They coresspond well with the pavement. Interesting layout of the roads - both those FARs as well as diagonal quarter at the second photo - quite refreshing! 

From the previous updates, I really like the park and the avenue with bare trees. Got climate!

PS. That's an impresive point!
http://i.imgur.com/LM80WTF.jpg
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

_Michael

Thanks again for all the lovely comments on Schwyz.
Started work on this city. I have loads of ideas floating around for this, so let's hope it's good. Anyway, here's my progress so far.
(Ignore the garbage and abandonment issues.  ;))

art128

Looks great but.... Can you please upload your picture in jpg?
PNG is extremely heavier than most JPG picture and in most case the quality gain of a PNG vs a JPG is very minimal if not non existent.
It should really only be used for graphic stuff like maps.

Props & Texture Catalog

_Michael

Quote from: art128 on October 29, 2016, 03:05:12 PM
Looks great but.... Can you please upload your picture in jpg?
PNG is extremely heavier than most JPG picture and in most case the quality gain of a PNG vs a JPG is very minimal if not non existent.
It should really only be used for graphic stuff like maps.
Apologies, it's just PNG is just the default for a Mac screenshot. Since this has not been edited etc, I just uploaded the raw screenshot. All of my edited pictures and those in entries are always JPG. I'll try to remember to convert next time. (The file is only 4.6MB, and Imgur will have compressed that slightly also. That's not that big. Or is that just be being ignorant?)