• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mikenstein - Niederbauen - Further Exploration

Started by _Michael, March 25, 2016, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Michael

So after hosting a CJ on Simtropolis for more than a year, I thought it was time to bring some content to SC4D! On this tread, I'll post some city showcases, along with some "In-Progess" shots, which won't be on the ST CJ.

Just to get it going, here are some pictures I recently shared on ST, the City of Bassenheim!

Since this is my first MD post, let me know if I'm doing anything wrong!
Hope you enjoyed a brief tour of Bassenheim!  :)

kbieniu7

Hey! Nice to see you starting MD! :)

The first shots are very good! I really like your embankments and squares, as well as those raillines winding smoothly among the w2ws  :thumbsup:
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

vortext

Welcome to SC4D and great first entry!  &apls

As for practical stuff, SC4D adheres to a maximum image width of 1024px so they'll fit on most monitors. You can resize images by using the width tag, like so:

[img width=1024]http://i.imgur.com/UQFXWXN.jpg[/img]

That being said, I really like the elevated rail slicing diagonally through the city, as well as the use of RFR plop water to make the canal. Must've taken forever to fill in!  :D

Also nice mixture of old w2w and modern highrise. Already looking forward to the next entry!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

manga rivotra

This is actually a superb first update !!!  :thumbsup:
I love the density and mix of architectures.
How did you manage to have Girafe's trees on the JENX "quai de Seine" ?  This is something I dream for a long time  ::)
I'm loocking forward to see more !

_Michael

Quote from: kbieniu7 on March 25, 2016, 09:20:07 AM
Hey! Nice to see you starting MD! :)

The first shots are very good! I really like your embankments and squares, as well as those raillines winding smoothly among the w2ws  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the great response!  ;)

Quote from: vortext on March 25, 2016, 09:23:36 AM
Welcome to SC4D and great first entry!  &apls

As for practical stuff, SC4D adheres to a maximum image width of 1024px so they'll fit on most monitors. You can resize images by using the width tag, like so:

[img width=1024]http://i.imgur.com/UQFXWXN.jpg[/img]

That being said, I really like the elevated rail slicing diagonally through the city, as well as the use of RFR plop water to make the canal. Must've taken forever to fill in!  :D

Also nice mixture of old w2w and modern highrise. Already looking forward to the next entry!  :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info! I didn't know about e image size, so have adjusted the images. Thanks for the comment; the river did take ages!  :D

Quote from: manga rivotra on March 25, 2016, 10:32:49 AM
This is actually a superb first update !!!  :thumbsup:
I love the density and mix of architectures.
How did you manage to have Girafe's trees on the JENX "quai de Seine" ?  This is something I dream for a long time  ::)
I'm loocking forward to see more !
For the trees, I just used MMPs, thanks for the comment! :)

Vizoria

The pictures look great! Welcome to the SC4D MD club!

art128

Some really nice stuff there.

A very tiny thing that could use some improvements, the lots with transit textures could use some TE. :)  (Auckland tower for example.) But still a really nice looking city. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Akallan

My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

Gugu3

compdude787

Great to see Mikenstein here on SC4D! Nice photos!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

mgb204

A really excellent first entry here  :thumbsup:.

The custom sidewalk you are using is very subtle, but in many ways it really gives off a more European feel than many I've seen.

Otherwise a great selection of buildings which are combined in such a way to again add to the authentic EU feel. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

One small niggle (I'm a stickler for uniform textures :P). I notice the RDP GLR depot is showing my GLR style, which you aren't using. If you remove the RDP Pack, re-run the installer, selecting "NAM Type", the correct GLR transition texture to match the NAM Rural GLR will appear instead.

warconstruct

hi , I love this beginning your city is beautiful and I particularly like are tram transport networks. The modern / old mix is rather successful and the bulwark of my friend roulback ( confirmed 'm wrong maybe) are very well positioned ! I will follow this newspaper carefully.  ;) :thumbsup:

Warconstruct
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

_Michael

Quote from: Vizoria on March 25, 2016, 12:44:25 PM
The pictures look great! Welcome to the SC4D MD club!
Thanks!

Quote from: art128 on March 25, 2016, 03:48:11 PM
Some really nice stuff there.

A very tiny thing that could use some improvements, the lots with transit textures could use some TE. :)  (Auckland tower for example.) But still a really nice looking city. :)
I'll have a look into that. Thanks for the comment.

Quote from: Akallan on March 26, 2016, 10:24:29 AM
I really like! Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:
Thanks for the comment.

Quote from: Unconstantean on April 05, 2016, 06:58:38 AM
amazing start :D  &apls
Thank you.

Quote from: Gugu3 on April 05, 2016, 10:22:34 AM
Impressive!I like the rail network :thumbsup:
Thank you for the comment.

Quote from: compdude787 on April 05, 2016, 04:21:23 PM
Great to see Mikenstein here on SC4D! Nice photos!
Thanks!

Quote from: mgb204 on April 05, 2016, 07:45:50 PM
A really excellent first entry here  :thumbsup:.

The custom sidewalk you are using is very subtle, but in many ways it really gives off a more European feel than many I've seen.

Otherwise a great selection of buildings which are combined in such a way to again add to the authentic EU feel. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

One small niggle (I'm a stickler for uniform textures :P). I notice the RDP GLR depot is showing my GLR style, which you aren't using. If you remove the RDP Pack, re-run the installer, selecting "NAM Type", the correct GLR transition texture to match the NAM Rural GLR will appear instead.
I'll re-install to fix this. Thanks for pointing it out! Thanks for the comment!

Quote from: warconstruct on April 06, 2016, 02:54:04 AM
hi , I love this beginning your city is beautiful and I particularly like are tram transport networks. The modern / old mix is rather successful and the bulwark of my friend roulback ( confirmed 'm wrong maybe) are very well positioned ! I will follow this newspaper carefully.  ;) :thumbsup:

Warconstruct
Thanks for the comment.

_Michael

I've been working on this. There is still a lot to do, but let me know what you think!

Themistokles

Looks great! I especially like how the 20th century brick apartment area is placed near but still distinctly apart from the old city centre.
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

samu64

_Michael

Hi,

So I've been working on some new cities, and have been meaning to share some more pictures of Bassenheim, so here they are! (No mosaics this time, sorry!)
Replies are earlier in the thread.

Hope you enjoy!  :)

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------{--------}----------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed this! See you soon! ;D

art128

Really nice city. It feels like a real spread out city with the center, the tower blocks and the houses.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

compdude787

Yeah, that city is looking nice! I like how it still has freeways going through it, albeit in tunnels, but still there's freeways. :D
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel