• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

Your MD is off to a wonderful start! My favorite picture so far is #92, because of the way that arch bridge fits so perfectly there. It's hard to get a bridge like that to fit so flawlessly in its environment!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

c.p.

Wow, this is incredible :shocked2:  It looks like you did a lot of (great quality) re-lotting

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ belfastsocrates : I'm impatient to see your river work on your MD, thanks you for the nice comment  :)

@ art128, feyss, reddonquixote, c.p. :
Thank you for all these compliments, it is very pleasant ! ;D

@compdude787 :
Thanks !  :)In fact I was so surprised to see this Maxis bridge could finally be useful !

Before comme back with some more classic urban view, this update will be about parks and places in several city of different densities

Update 6 : Parks and Places

97.To begin, a park with a marketplace on the left and a small lake on the right, to integrate better empty spaces due to the creation of the monorail line in the city

98. Another city tile with a lot of residential high rise and 2 littles "water park"

99. Sames park from another angle with a little mosque between the 2 ornementals lakes

100. Another city tiles again with some impressive monument surrounded by fountains close to a business center

101. In a less dense suburb, a vast park along a river

102. Same from another angle

103. Closer view of the central fountain

104. I can't resist to put a night view of this beauty

105. At the top of a small hill, a memorial acting as a museum in my city

106. Another city tile again, with this time the town hall and his gardens

107. Same, from another angle along the beach ( a beach almost invisible here....)

108. The slope of the ground was used here to create this park front of this library

109. Closer view of a parc already seen update 2 but in the heart of summer this time

110. Something more singular now with this big park which was creating to dig up an old spring and the small brook which passes by, to end it in a ornamental lake after have crossed several gardens. Since this park is in the center of a big city, there are several way to cross it and even this suspension bridge to have some nice view

111. Further west the park goes on a series of place with fountains and a monumental statue, by night

112. Closer view on the artificial brook

113. Closer view on the places

114. We find the hot-air balloon again, above a more formal and classic park, along the main river of my region.

115. Closer view of a park already seen on update 2, from an other angle

116. ........a little bit more close

117. To finish, 2 places in small town. The first one is pretty little but have some monument

118. same other angle

119. And the last place, more busy, lined with coffee and shops.......

120. .........and a big contemporary building acting as a museum in my city

121. ..........the central part of this place is enough quiet to have some rest on a bench

I hope you like it, Thanks you for watching  :)

tomvsotis

This really is beautiful work, and I'm really enjoying your diary. Quick question: where do you get the rural intersections with the cattle grids? (e.g. pic 35?)

Kergelen

Excellent and very detailed pictures! Really amzing MD. A lot of MMPing and Lotting work.  &apls &apls

I've been lurking here for a while and every update have new and diferent details. I really love the variety of parks and plazas, and the base textures you use.

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Excellent pictures and details indeed. Once again you're showing some awesome work here.

I really liked the part with the diagonal bridge.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

awe inspiring details in every image - amazing work!   &apls

manga rivotra

@ tomvsotis :
Thanks you  :). The cattle grid in this rural intersections are from SPAM mod ( Pegasus )
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/26079-peg-spam-super-resource-pack/
It's a prop that i have put on 1x1 lot enable.....so i've intersection every time i put it front a street

@ art128 : I really happy that you like it, because it's one of the most complicated thing i've made in all my cities tiles, thanks you !  ;D

@ Kergelen : Thanks you very much ! I can admit easily that i've been lurking in your city MD Eloaria for years, so you are part of my inspiration  ;D

@ Simcoug : Thanks you very much !  :)

carlfatal

I discovered your MD today, and all I can say is wow! I love this level of detail, especially if it comes to water and nature.  &apls &apls &apls
I never would have the passion for this, but I think, it is a fair compromize, if I´ll look into here more often!  $%Grinno$%

solsystem

This is a great MD with very beautiful pics full of details.  &apls &apls &apls

Wonderful nature, beautiful shoreline, great parks and places, amazing.

romualdillo

I think you've made the best parks and plazas I've ever seen in the game. Fantastic work!!!  &apls

Themistokles

What a lush, varied and calm cityscape -- I'm almost jealous my home town doesn't look like that! ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Wow, really a good amount of relotting and good MMP work and selection of buildings, as usual. Especially the parks look great! Where do you have the mosque on pic 99 from? I've been looking for a while for such a great building.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@carlfatal, solsystem, romualdillo, Themistokles :

Thanks you very much for the nice comment !  ;D

@ 11241036 :
Thanks !  :) .To ask your question, the mosque is "Sadiki Hospital landmark" made by IL. You can found it on STEX
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/27127-sadiki-hospital-landmark/

After two updates with a lot of MMP stuff, I'm come now with a little update, mostly urban and very different from the previous ones.
In fact, I love build city on slope, because each time it's a new challenge.
So I begin with these few photos, the first of my 3 " Slopy Friendly updates "

Update 7 : Slopy Friendly, part one

First city is built on an very steep slope. It extends over hills and lines a profund volcanic lake where a wild torrent ends its route. Here a picture at start of autumn

This torrent goes along ramparts and bounds the border between the old citadel ( on the left ) and the more modern part ( on the right ).

Nowadays, there are unfortunately not many medieval buildings in the citadel which had the peculiarity to be rather vast. A few decades ago, numerous buildings more comfortable replaced the old medieval ones become unfit for "the modern life". But now, people wishes kept intact its vestiges of a distant past to attract tourists. So, developments were made, such this old fashioned funicular, which allows to join the bottom of the citadel to the entrance of the castle, 70 meters higher.
Fortunately, the funicular is completely glazed, what turns out very useful in the beginning of very rainy autumn.........

Closer on the funicular terminus, ( the funicular runs behind the castle )

To emphasize the castle and its ramparts, a spectacular lighting was installed a few years ago. The castle is visible on this natural headland for miles around

Last picture from this city, with the center town outside the wall, again on a rainy day

Second city presented today, is a very big one with a mix of modern and old building, especially in the center , around a impressive cathedral

A lot of park and belvedere allow very beautiful view on this monument and all the city

To Finish, in a less part of the same city, a nice walk since a chapel towards a lake via a small cemetery, not very distant of some busy places and avenues

I hope you have liked it !  :) Thanks you

belfastsocrates

Fabulous work with the castle and city walls. Superb!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

The funicular is a good touch to this old city. Shame they destroyed most of the medieval buildings. Your slope building is really impressive.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

eugenelavery

Impressive work as always. Building on slopes is always tricky.

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ belfastsocrates, art128, eugenelavery :
Thanks you very much !  ;D

Update 8 : Slopy Friendly, part two

I have today a big set of slopy friendly pictures, all in the same city tile.
This city is special because it is completely built on hills and valleys between forest and sea. Only 25 % of the city is built on one flat ground, but its urbanization is very important and we count 140 000 inhabitants there.
The advices on its architecture are very diverging. Some considers it anarchy and of other one find certain charm in its exuberance.
To start, let us discover it by distant views.

The history of this city and all this part of my region is important here.
4 centuries ago, a monastery was built at the top of the highest hill of the tile whiwh was going to become this city.
For a reason specifically: a source of drinking water been born at the bottom of a old and profound volcanic crater, so creating a natural reservoir.
As in this period, the region was begining to develop by the sea on grounds more easily convertible, the drinking water requirement became fast important. It was in particular the case for the most important city of my region and the first port, that is situated on the first tile on the West of this city, approximately 200 meters below at 2 kilometers. A gigantic construction site began with the creation of a canal network allowing to forward the water since this lake, towards plains in full urban and agricultural development.

.......But, there was an important obstacle: between the hill where is situated the lake and the plains, there was an important swampy zone, and worse, a other hill to be crossed. So, it was decided that the channel would cross the swampy zone via an impressive viaduct before joining the second hill. Today, the swampy zone still exists, but it' is smaller and it's a kind of park. It's also a natural demarcation between the various districts of the city. The first village was built near the monastery on the slopes, the second was built on the other hill and centuries later the modern district was also built on the north.

The city center extends in the South of the swamp and includes buildings of classic style, builds last 2 centuries. However, 2 years ago, a new tower including luxury 5 stars hotel and extremely expensive apartments, was inaugurated. It's named meriton tower .Opposite was built one contemporary concert hall in the continuation of the hill, as "semi buried". These 2 constructions, supposed embody the new face of the city were welcomed in a reserved way: the most conservative people blame their for bein too differente from constructions surroundings and to break the historical perspective since the city center on the viaduct.......

The swampy zone and the channel complex from the lake to the second hill

After 100 meters buried on the second hill, the channel goes out again to plunge lower 40 meters, before disappearing totally in underground passage. This last underground passage was built in the 60s during the construction of the quite close industrial park.

The city center stretches since a hill covered with lawn which welcomes the university campus up to the sea ( below, invisible on this picture ). The cathedral is visible of any side thanks to its hillside positioning, whereas bourgeois constructions are gathered around the big decorative canal.

On the other side of the university campus, exists one high rise residential area, very close to the biggest city of my region

This area is relly dense, but some park brings a little greenery.

Here, the city center extends sloping gently towards the sea. We can perceive the city hall along the bank ( already seen closer on pictures 106 and 107 ), and the museum of Simnation, the big building upper right.

And now, some closer view on this city. here the hill with the monastery

The slopes from the monastery with portion of the channel.

Closer view on this strange building above the channel. It's an old public district library with a contemporary extension built right above the channel to have nice view from the room dedicated to the reading or from the small and quiet park.

Modern development north of the swamp.

Swamp and the luxury Meriton tower

Meriton tower and the Concert hall

Meriton tower and the Cathedral

Closer view on the Concert hall. Part of the hill was deleted to build it.

The Cathedral and the canal

Staircases leading to the city hall and to the beach

It's finish for today, I hope you like it !  :)

feyss

It really looks chaotic, but I totally like it   ;)

As someone that like to build on slopes, you did a great job here. Keep it up.  :thumbsup:

Vizoria

Brilliant, just brilliant. Incredible cities, incredible farms, incredible MMPs, incredible guts to build on a hillside and make it look good. I have got to admit that picture 114 is the most amazing SC4 park I have ever seen. What a model!