• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Alba Ceann mu Dheas - Update - January 26th 2014

Started by rambuckel, October 01, 2011, 11:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benedict

That is the most realistic farm I have seen on any simcity site.

Question: what font is that on your update intro banner? I have been looking for a decent Gothic font and I like the one you use a lot.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

carlfatal

Again and again: i love it! 

rambuckel

Wow, that's many comments in a short period of time ......

@noahclam: Thank you very much  :)

@dedgren: Thank you so much for the K-Point. Actually I didn't even know about those points. But when I asked Framly he explained the K-Point-Mysterium to me. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Alba!  :)

@Framly, kelis, dantes: Thanks a lot!  :)

@rooker: Thank you very much.  :)Here are some special snapshots for you. Unfortunately the players disappeared while I was scrolling over the map.  &sly

__

__

@girafe: Thank you very much  :)

@Cédric: Thank you very much for your touching comment!  :)

@nbvc: Thanks a lot!  :)

@benedict: Thanks a lot!  :) The font is called "Old English [+ something that I forgot]"

@carl: Thanks very much!  :)

Well here's what Cédric called a "jewel" (Thanks for that expression!  :o).

It's a "remake" of Drumlanrig Castle. My version is slightly different for some reasons, e.g. the original texture that would have been too bright for SC4. Beyond that I had to have an eye on the number of polygons. For that reason I decided to set some of the decorations aside.

Here's the Original:

Quelle: http://eclattravel.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/drumlanrig-2.jpg

Quelle: http://www.singletracksafari.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/P9300018.JPG

And here's my "interpretation":

And then I found a nice little snapshot when I searched the soccer field which you might find as pretty as I did:

Slàn leat!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Dantes

THIS is a typical soccer stadium for regional league  :thumbsup: Great work again rambuckel  &apls

Kergelen

Amazing two last updates!

Great work with the woolmarket and this last BAT is amazing. I also like the regional soccer stadium &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Badsim

Hi Theresa ,  :)

Due to its sizes , I'm impatient to look at Drumlanrig castle more closely , even if you decided to do not reproduce all details that's quite a spectacular BAT . Hard to say at that zoom level but I'm not sure about the roofs textures ( instead of terraces like shown at Simforum ) . To tell you the truth , I was prefering the previous version with grey textures closer to the real tin roofing ... and I think that you would have less problems of brightness . Well your BAT aroused my curiosity   and I read a lot about it . Its environment and gardens would be nice to reproduce too . :P And , like many other scottish castle , this one is haunted by a beheaded woman ( Lady Anne Douglas ) ... and a yellow monkey ! Quite original . ;D

Great update in addition , the rural football stadium is lovely and the angle of view for the waterfall near the Burg Eltz is the best waterfall shot one I've seen in a while . ;)

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

ricardomiranda

Updates fantastic, amazing waterfall! Congratulations!

noahclem

That last picture is beautiful and I really like the scenes around the football field as well  &apls

Very promising bat as well!

bat

That soccer field is really beautiful! Also fantastic work on the building!! :)

benedict

Quote from: rambuckel on January 28, 2012, 03:50:56 PM

@benedict: Thanks a lot!  :) The font is called "Old English [+ something that I forgot]"

Slàn leat!

Thanks. I ended up finding a different one that I liked, but is very similar. Some of the blackletter fonts are almost illegible and yours (and the one I found) look great and scan well.

Also - another very nice update, love the bat, fits well for what you're doing here.

rambuckel

@Dantes: Thanks a lot my my friend  :)

@kergelen: Thank you! :)

@Cédric: Thanks a lot for your kind comment and for your suggestions!  :) The castle measures about 5 to 6 SC4-Boxes. It is not yet the final version. But it's good enough to be part of an update. I also had some very good suggestions from some of the experienced BATers on SimForm. I definitely am interested in every suggestion and anybody else will have. There's already so much work in this building and I guess the final version should come as close to "very good" as possible. I'll continue working on the BAT. Suggestions are very welcome!  And you are pretty right, there's pretty much to tell about the castle. But I will do so later on.

@ricardomiranda, noahclem, bat: Thanks a lot!

@benedict: Good to hear you found something. Thanks a lot for commenting again.

The following version of the castle is far from being ready to upload. But – as I already said – it's already good enough to be part of Alba. Therefore ....

Welcome to the first visit to Drumlanrig premises! There will be another visit later on as there will be a big event. Just now there's preparation for it going on:

Drumlanrig Park:

¬_

_

_

_

_

_

Drumlanrig Farm:

_

_

_

_

_

_

_

The forester's lodge ...

_

_

... pretty close to the reservoir.

_

_

And here's some preparation going on as well. I'll show you in the coming update what will take place here. 

_

_

And I'll not miss to show you those little piggies ;):

Slàn leat!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

nbvc

Great castle and rural scenes with lot of nice details. :thumbsup:

knapp

Very nice scenes  :thumbsup: I'm curious what kind of event you will present us. But I guess it has to do with horses  ;) I like very much the peace around the foresters lodge.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

carlfatal

Stunning pictures again!  &apls
The castle is a real eye-catcher and i like the little reservoir.
And a well made teaser too, i´m too curious what will come next?
Greetz, Carl

rooker1

Love the pictures. 
I can only think of good things to say, I cannot think of anything to improve, except for more pictures.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Beautiful update!  &apls  I love all the details and of course the animals  :thumbsup:

Ol.S / Benoit

Love your rural scenes ! Great work :)  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

ricardomiranda

Update beautiful, I like the castle and the stables! &apls &apls

benedict

Great update - I love the boar and piglets the best.

art128

This is one massive castle! Though, i'm not really kind of the surroundings, I think it take away some of the beauty of the castle itself.

Can't wait to see what the preparation will leads us.

Arthur. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog