• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC - VIP team - Girafe's skills on the BAT

Started by Girafe, July 22, 2009, 01:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

MMP's is the way to go with those edges too, definitively  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

Thanks a lot for your comments  :thumbsup:

I am working on something new, let say that s for now it s a park  &Thk/(
I need expertise from modders especially the ones with path knowledge.
I would like this LOT to be fully usable by cars. I will TE but I need someone to path the roads of the park.

Someone would be able to do it and could help me?
Quick question related to this, what is the size of the road (the asphalt part, 8m?)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

We all know that's the base of a building.... :D
As for paths, you have to use the path maker/creator tool... Sadly I don't know how to use it at all. The only time I had paths to do (for Mitaki station) I asked Moonlight ...  &ops
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

In the tool you draw the paths for each TE'd tile and it will output path code in the form of coordinates in meters from the center of the tile which you'll then need to copy and add to path files in reader. You can load the TE'd tile's texture in the the background to easily see where the paths should be.

Off the top of my head, the roads in SC4 are very close to 10m wide or 5m/lane, which is about the same width as most NWM lanes. IIRC RHW lanes are closer to 4.5m, street lanes 4m, 4-lane-in-1-tile networks around 3-3.5m, while the inner lanes of avenues and the lanes of the 3-tile NWMs are significantly wider than all the others.

I'm not experienced with TE lots and have other projects I need to get done soon or else I would offer to help. If you still need someone after I finish my other commitments I could try to help :)

mgb204

About 10m is right, excluding any pavement edges it's 74px wide for the base EU road textures.

Pathing is no problem, I could do that for you if needed.

Girafe

Thanks for your input  :thumbsup:
and thanks a lot for your proposal mgb204  ;)

The more I am testing, the more I am thinking that s crazy to want to path the roads of the park.
Indeed, I did not think about the complexity and the number of road textures that have to be created. In fact if I want to use SC4 road texture, many new textures (surely 40) need to be developed and it s out of my skills  :(

Illustration of the problem  %wrd

Indeed Arthur, it s the park of Shanghai Tower

I found a pig in my dead files  :P , don t know what to do with it  ::)

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Quote from: Girafe on December 09, 2015, 12:30:45 PM
I found a pig in my dead files  :P , don t know what to do with it  ::)
. . .oink. . .

Clone it. ;)

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Gugu3

mgb204

Quote from: Girafe on December 09, 2015, 12:30:45 PM
I am thinking that s crazy to want to path the roads of the park.
Indeed, I did not think about the complexity and the number of road textures that have to be created. In fact if I want to use SC4 road texture, many new textures (surely 40) need to be developed and it s out of my skills  :(

Well I must say that I do like the mock up you are showing here, I'll send you a PM re: the textures, I think you might be surprised how easy those can be created :). *Hint*

One thing, if the street in tile 1 was centred on the tile, you could use either a TE or fake TE connection for a seamless transition to street in game. Adding paths is not a huge problem, these would be very simple for traffic only. I think if the automata looked like it was going in/out of the parking garages, that would be neat.

mattb325

Amazing work!  &apls

As for the pig, place him on a base, add a bronze texture and make a statue of it  ;)

art128

Agreed with mgb for the street tile who could get a TE addition, would really add a lot to this lot. ;)

Great looking tower. Although I've never been a fan of supertalls, it looks cool. The base is nicely started.

Do you think you'll be doing more towers from La Défense?

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Thanks for your comments  ;)

You have good ideas for that pig  ::)  :P

I am working with Robin regarding road textures and pathing of the base of the tower. It will be long process and currently nothing to show you  ::)

@ Arthur, which tower from La Defense do you have in mind?

I finally updated my Parisian bus stop with the 2 new shelter designs and added a version for avenue  ;)

The Floraler

art128

Thanks for the update on the bus stops. Though i'll continue using the old one since I really hate the new design (not your models, they're great!)
About La Défense, I didn't really had any tower in mind when I asked, it was more of a general question. But now that you ask I'll bite in. Do you have any plans or how do you feel about making some towers from around Paris and not just La Défense? I mean like Front de Seine (Totem, Crystal..) or Pleyel.. But yeah in La Défense I'm really interested in Défense 2000 actually. But hey, I'm not pushing you. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Hey Antoine, sorry for only barging in with some support questions. Is it intentional that the models in Grfe_props_pack_MM_rowan_trees and Grfe_props_pack_LE_rowan_trees have the same IIDs? The same happens with the honey locusts and chestnuts. In all your other trees, the prop and flora versions have different IIDs. If they're the same, it seems to be a waste of space in the download, no?

More importantly, are you aware that the conifers and rowan trees flora exemplars have the same IIDs?

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Hi Willy,

Thanks for pointing these troubles.

Among my flora packs, there are:

- packs with single tree for each stage, for those the tree models can be used for the MMPing and LOTing purpose. However you are right, only one models pack LE or MM is needed as they are duplications. I think I decided to keep both for better understanding but it s definitively not an advantage during downloading.

- packs with multiple trees for each stage, for those MM models cannot be used for LOTing purpose. So 2 models packs are needed MM and LE.

I assigned new IDs to rowan trees  ;)

From BATing side, unfortunately nothing new to show, I have only little time and spent it for the website tasks
The Floraler

Swordmaster

Thanks for taking care of that so swiftly! Time to start growing some rowans in PSC  :thumbsup:

Cheers
Willy

c.p.

I used the Rowan tree props in one of my recent uploads.  Will the ID change affect those lots?

Girafe

Quote from: c.p. on January 20, 2016, 08:42:00 AM
I used the Rowan tree props in one of my recent uploads.  Will the ID change affect those lots?

If you have rowan trees and conifers, yes there will be issues I think. If you use only rowan trees you can keep the files you have in your plugin folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience
The Floraler

Swordmaster

Antoine, it seems to me like the rowan & conifer LE prop packs use different IIDs. In that case, it's not a problem. But I might be looking at the new rowan prop pack instead of the old one.

Cheers
Willy

Girafe

Ah maybe I was not clear enough. I changed only the instances of the plop for the MMP .dat.

IDs of the models are not changed
The Floraler