• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UDI rail direction switches

Started by puresim, November 13, 2009, 02:18:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puresim

Hi guys,

Can user made ground rail pieces have multiple direction UDI switches? I noticed that the wide radius rail pieces in NAM only have one UDI arrow where there should be 2.

Here are some of the vectors I've been working on:

Some of these will require 3 direction arrows, and others 2, that's why I'm asking &Thk/(

Swamper77

Quote from: puresimcity on November 13, 2009, 02:18:06 PM
Can user made ground rail pieces have multiple direction UDI switches? I noticed that the wide radius rail pieces in NAM only have one UDI arrow where there should be 2.

As the one that added most of those switches in, there are two arrows on the Wide Radius switches. The different directions of arrows are based on the entry and exit sides of the paths. Since both directions of the Wide Radius junctions enter and exit on the same sides, the arrows are stacked on top of each other (ie enter from the south and exit on the north).

Maxis' switches have entry and exit sides that are 90 degrees from each other (ie enter from the south and exit to the east), which is why you see two different arrows on theirs. If the entry and exit sides don't match the coordinates of the paths, then the paths do not work so it is impossible to "trick" the game into showing arrows in multiple directions.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

puresim

Thanks for the informative reply Swamper77. If I progress further with the rails it's good to know I can make them functional for UDI. Texturing is all I do, so learning how to path these might take a few years anyway.

BTW I really enjoy your downloads Jan!