• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

IHT fix

Started by eagle74, June 11, 2017, 12:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle74

Is it recommended  to apply the fix for $$$jobs in I-HT?  Will anything need to be reinstalled after Sim_1.dat is DatPacked?

mgb204

Highly recommended. Otherwise you'll not have R$$$ workers in I-HT, despite demand for them, which can wreak havoc when I-HT demand comes along.

Before you do add the I-HT fix, if using a non-digital (disk) release, ensure you've applied the official SC4 patches. Since modifying SimCity_1.DAT will prevent those from working afterwards.

eagle74

Thanks.  I do run the disk version, but it is patched to v1.1.640.

twalsh102

1.1.640 is the version number for fully patched disk version.
Pre-patched digital versions purchased online will show 1.1.641

eagle74

The installation instructions for the fix say to just place the dat file into the plugins folder, but the tutorial on the forum says to dat pack it with SimCity_1.dat.  So, it appears that the jobs are fixed either way, but if you don't dat pack it some things will be double counted in the reports.

mgb204

This fix will not work unless DATPacked into the original file. This has been tested again and again and is a quirk of how some files are protected by the game, preventing them being overridden. It's very unusual, but this particular item is one of them.

eagle74

Thanks.  I am now trying to dat pack the files, but running into a bit of trouble with Jdat Packer.  Help request just posted to the associated support thread.