• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

COMvsIND Relation

Started by colonyan, June 04, 2017, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colonyan

I'd like know if there is any mechanism that affect the demande creation of those two zones and between them.

For and example, does COM development induces more IND development?

From what I've read quickly through sc4 encyclopedia articles, it seems like there is no direct relation between COM and IND.
All RCI demand is governed by residential development that calls for commercial and industrial by some roughly fixed ratio
depending on Education level.

Connections to other cities, cargo exportation and construction of special buildings seems to raise that CAP of specific zone type.

So it is possible to keep the usage of pollution producing zones to minimum if other source can provide enough jobs.
And use any dirty or manufacturing zones if and only if other sectors does not provide enough job for R.

Simcoug

My memory isn't what it used to be (never was that good in the first place, but oh well) but I do recall cogeo demonstrating that it is possible to develop a town without any industry... you can just use commercial to develop the jobs that residents need.  I know it takes a lot of patience and micromanaging, but it is possible.  So to answer your question, yes, you can create a city without relying on heavy polluting industry.  A job is a job is a job... you just need to remember that R$ sims will require different jobs than R$$ or R$$$.  I know there is a detailed breakdown somewhere, I just don't have a quick link handy right now. 

EDIT:
Ok, here's the detailed info on workforce demands link

EDIT 2:
Here's the link to a post that cogeo described his technique for growing a commercial only town

colonyan

Thanks for your time and detailed input. Anyhow ample job using industry and commercial choice surely should accelerate the growth. Also the tax revenue.