• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Transit Lots Have Greatly Limited Capacity: A tutorial to fix it for MAC Users

Started by threestooges, March 02, 2011, 10:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

This thread was prompted by this thread.

There is a Mac-specific issue with transit lots. When experienced, the capacity of the lot is cut to 1/10000 of what it should be. This thread explains it, but for some, the trick is navigating the Reader in order to fix it. That is the purpose of this tutorial.

The Reader is easy to navigate (relatively) once you get used to what you're looking at, and where you're looking for it. It helps to know the basics of how lots, models, and all fit together. There are a few tutorials on the site here that go deeper into that. For now though, the important parts. Lot exemplars are what control the important game-data information for a lot, and this is where you'll find things like Transit Switch Traffic Capacity.

In this case, the file you'll look into is DEDWD_RTBusStop_lots. Open the file in the Reader and, if necessary click the "Fill the List" button and you'll get the following screen. Note the file title in the top left:

There you'll find a number of exemplar files, but click through until you find the one you're looking for (the "Exemplar Name" field on the right will usually give you a clue). Since you're looking for the "roadtop bus stop1 on avenue" this is the one you'll need. You'll see Transit Switch Traffic Capacity at the bottom there.

Double clicking on it will open the following window:

There you'll just have to change the rep from 1 to 0, click apply at the bottom (don't just hit enter, you do actually have to click Apply for it to keep in many instances) and it should make the change, which should be immediate reflected in the main window. The Rep that used to be 1 should now appear as 0. Save the file and you should be good to go. Repeat as needed for any other exemplars.

I know that may have been a bit short, but give it a look and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps. I know it's for a specific lot, but the same principles apply:
-Find the lot
-Find the exemplar
-Edit the appropriate value
-Save the lot

dahemac

Such a useful tutorial. I find myself doing this all the time, particularly with rail lots.

dahemac

Some lots you will have to do this to that you may not have thought of:
Stairs in wall sets.
Ploppable industries that have rail connections. Hardun Coal mine I think...