• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Single Drag System

Started by indovote, February 05, 2016, 02:27:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

indovote

Dear NAM Team,

When I want to create large-size NWM road or RHW highway (e.g. RD-6 & RHW-6C), I must place starter piece and dragging it one by one. However, this way (one by one drag) is difficult and have many risk if not accustomed (including myself). With this reason, can you provide single drag system (like Avenue drag system) instead of one-by-one system to the NAM?

Regards,
Indovote (Zaydan Naufal)

Sorry for bad English

Kergelen

Not sure if I correctly understand your question, but NWN and RHW are draggable like in-game avenue.
For RHW put the started piece and then drag it with  RHW-2 draggable function.
For NWM put the started piece and drag it with road or one-way-road depending on the kind of NWN. Just read the instructions on RHW and NWN starter pieces button.

Links to SC4 websites

Swordmaster

Unfortunately, that's not possible. With no way to circumvent the game's hardcoded limits, we can't invent new network tools. All we can do is override existing networks to create new ones; this means we need to use single-tile networks to create multi-tile networks.

Cheers
Willy

indovote

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 05, 2016, 10:29:01 AM
Unfortunately, that's not possible. With no way to circumvent the game's hardcoded limits, we can't invent new network tools. All we can do is override existing networks to create new ones; this means we need to use single-tile networks to create multi-tile networks.

Cheers
Willy

No way to circumvent hardcoded limits? Now, with the DLL modding, we can fix any SC4 issue. For example SC4Fix (you can find it on STEX) that fix TE Lot crash. Previously, there is no way to fix TE Lot crash. However, the DLL modding is complex, so if we want to add single-drag system, we need analytics about SC4.

speeder

Slow down there :P

First things first.

I dunno what Simmaster (the guy that fixed the crash) is doing.

But I am trying to first fix the commute time bug (ie: buildings "randomly" getting abandoned due to commute time even when there is a job nearby available) and make SC4 detect the CPU (and maybe the videocard) correctly.

And only that is already taking a LOOOONG time.