• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Greater Terran Region

Started by Haljackey, December 28, 2007, 01:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haljackey

Quote from: Swordmaster on September 26, 2012, 07:23:33 AM
You had me hoping for a moment... but this is good fun, too. I still think you should reconsider, though. ;D

Well that doesn't mean I can't have any fun posting these updates. If that were the case then why would I?

For example, here's a mashup of that RHW/Maxis highway Interchange shown in the update:

Junction built with RHW 1.2-1.3B:

Later modified slightly with RHW 2.1-3.0:
Click for full size!

And retrofitted/expanded with the aid of RHW 5.0 and NWM 2.0:
Click for full size!

And a bonus while I'm at it: the downtown core before development. Groundwork laid in late 2006/early 2007
Click for full size!

sunv123

Bump, hope that's okay. /wrrd%&

That was nice, re-developing an old interchange. I hope there will be more of these kinds of things in the future. I really like them, maybe you could start a whole other MD to take it's place. Still, until then, i'll just have to wait. ;)

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Haljackey

Well as I said on the last page I do have the original updates archived. I posted the first one and thought about doing the others if it was popular as it takes a lot of work to get them up.

My MD career is retired, so don't expect anything new from me until SC2013 comes out.

benedict

That planning shot is amazing - I am intrigued by the 3-way rail connection flyover thingy (it probably has a real name).

I know your diary days are over, but it you are ever in the mood, I'd love to see that area filled in.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Haljackey

You want it? You got it.

Clicky for full size!

That area built up in late 2007. (So still very outdated compared to my current urban design standards ;))

Edit: higher quality photo

sunv123

Wow, that's sorta messy. $%Grinno$% At least this is better than nothing, glad to see that it isn't completely dead or inactive. &dd

Can't wait to see what happens to SC2013 when it comes out! >:D ()meeting()

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

amirhn13

hi
your city is very cool  &apls
but a question: how do you change sidewalks texture?
thank you

Haljackey

Quote from: amirhn13 on January 25, 2013, 04:35:21 PM
how do you change sidewalks texture?

There are a few mods that let you change road and sidewalk textures. I use the Sandstone mod now.

Download here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/17323-smp-sidewalk-reaplcement-mod/

Thanks for the compliments! :D

Haljackey

With the new NAM coming out I thought I would be nostalgic and show one my original updates from 2007, fully restored. This restoration is part of my SimCity 4 Archives project.

Date: December 20, 2007.

All text found below this line is from the original update itself.

High rise Jungle:

A new complicated avenue roundabout.  This new junction is open, and helps minimize the criss-cross of traffic you would find in a standard intersection/roundabout.

Some vacant space for sale near a stack interchange:

A new compact parclo interchange opens on the edge of the developed area designed to handle larger volumes than that of the former diamond interchange.

A RHW/GLR intersection.  Demand on one side of the RHW is high (skyscrapers), but on the other, oddly enough, its lower (drive-ins)

A municipal interchange built to handle increasing congestion from neighbour connections.

The highway divides itself into thru and exiting lanes

GLR, rail, and bullet train lines all meet together at this large and complex junction.

Roads are aligned together to prepare for a future expansion of the city.

A close-up of the new alignment.

A RHW bypassing the area through a forest.

GLR is a new component used in the expansion projects.

Some more info about the city, displaying the aging population.  An issue that may become a problem in the coming years...
-Also shown here are other measurements: The map, funds, population (ignore the population/funds, this photo was taken a while ago), and demand bars.
-In the background, several office buildings and connections are shown.

Lastly, a funny pic from an overhanging prop.  I call it the "Sky-port" LOL

Anyways, thats it for this update.  Let me know how I did and what you think!

I also found this pic in the update's cache but there's no text for it... Might have been part of another page or just a lost pic. Either way I'll post it here while I have my mind on it:

And that was the GTR's second official update!

samerton

This is great, your archives and this GTR thread really shows how far SimCity4 has come recently, and how much your cities have changed with the availability of new mods, such as updates to the RHW.

Tarkus

Congratulations, Haljackey, on The Greater Terran Region being part of the SC4D Mayors' Diary Hall of Fame Class of 2018!

-The Mayor's Diaries Hall of Fame Committee and SC4D Staff

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

PaPa-J

Haven't really followed this one, but congratulations are still in order!  &apls
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Alan_Waters

mattb325

owlsinger

Congratulations!   &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

I have always been a huge fan of your work!
'Luminous beings are we..'  - Yoda

'Hints of Gold'
by Jasmine Becket-Griffith

Haljackey

Holy crap!

This is awesome!

Thanks for inducting my MD into the hall of fame!!!

This calls for a celebration  &dance

Real life is pretty hectic right now (it is December) but in the coming days I'll do a complete revisit of the region.

I've incorporated the Greater Terran Region (GTR) into my 'Ring of Fire" mega-region but it is still mostly intact. Check it out in the views below.

Click for full size:
https://i.imgur.com/CirUXnU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RFBYYGM.jpg

noahclem

A huge congratulations on joining the HoF my friend  &apls &apls &apls  Your innovative and intensive use of the game's transit networks has made you perhaps the NAM's foremost ambassador and thus also an outsized force in keeping the game alive and exciting, including reaching audiences on social media and otherwise beyond the reach of the major SC4 forums. An MD as famous as GTR could have no more appropriate home than SC4D's MD HoF  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to what's next  :popcorn:

Seaman

Quote from: noahclem on December 04, 2018, 07:40:59 PM
A huge congratulations on joining the HoF my friend  &apls &apls &apls  Your innovative and intensive use of the game's transit networks has made you perhaps the NAM's foremost ambassador and thus also an outsized force in keeping the game alive and exciting, including reaching audiences on social media and otherwise beyond the reach of the major SC4 forums. An MD as famous as GTR could have no more appropriate home than SC4D's MD HoF  :thumbsup:  Looking forward to what's next  :popcorn:

I totally second that. It was in fact the "Building A City From Scratch" youtube series which finally convinced me to embrase the NAM :)

Without that, I might not have ended up here...