• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mass Transit question/problem

Started by Caller9, May 24, 2010, 05:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caller9

I have a city with 1,000,000+ and climbing. I can't seem to get a handle on my mass transit. I have searched the LEX for high capacity stations, have the largest I can find (subway and rail) and my usage is WAY over the capacity of the station. My "Manta" stations that have a cap of 37,500 (as I remember) are handling 3 times the amount of passengers and I have 3 stations stacked together. Same with my subway and El system. I don't know what to do to handle the excess. I've started looking at the "BAT" to try to make stations with outrageous capacities but I'm thinking that is not the answer. Any suggestions will be appreciated!  Thank you all.

sim-al2

This is not the exact forum for your question (since it's not a problem with BSC download) but you really seem to have transit-loving sims. ::) Perhaps you could download the RTMT and use the on-road stations near buildings that many sims are going to to reduce the need for the massive hubs.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

z

You can always use Ilive's Reader to change the capacity of any station.  Its use for something this simple is quite intuitive.

It's also useful to know that a station's service quality doesn't deteriorate until a station reaches at least 400% of capacity; the service quality indicators in the query and the congestion indicator in the Traffic Congestion Data View are just plain wrong.  But once you hit a station's true capacity, it just stops accepting passengers for the day, so you want to be sure to stay below that 400% mark.

vortext

little bump; you could also tinker with the traffic simulator itself, it comes as a stand alone program with the latest nam.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana