• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

That's a very nice building. It will fit nicely in my city I think. :)

No idea you could mod the queries like that. Interesting.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Thanks art, in one of my old prop packs I gave a lot of the statues and sculptures 'silly' hover queries...you can basically force a prop to display anything you want with just a couple of steps.

While testing the stations (I give them about 100 years each in different scenarios interacting with both my own stations plus those with the NAM plus other stations that are in my plugins to make sure that subways/bus stops/rail/ el-rail/ HSR and so on are utilised and all do as they say they should - hence why it is taking some time to release each one)  this grew:

I made it as there are so few buildings with 'green' roofs in SC4...and it has that god-awful clunky modern style with protruding timber-framed light-box style windows that you see everywhere now-a-days.

Add it to your mattb325 plugins garbage pile here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3584

brick_mortimer

If you want to make a building with a plant roof, it should almost always be in this modern mix-and-match style.
Very fitting! &apls

Allready downloaded :bnn:

Recently I drove past the new distribution center of Nike in Laakdal, Belgium and it has a plant wall, looked really nice:

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest
Me no coffee function without so good

Tyberius06

Oh, very nice BAT Matt! Thank you very much. It could be a nice a modern library as well, I maybe give it a relot with that function! :)
Can you tell me what is that dutch-looking building on the first pic next to your building? Is that yours?

brick_mortimer: Wow nice catch, I like that building now that I know its existence. Really nice modern building! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

manga rivotra

Any reproduction of modern European neighborhoods require this kind of building.
Perfect as always and extremely useful.  &apls &apls &apls
The "Troll Factory" is superb too.  :thumbsup:

brick_mortimer

Quote from: Tyberius06 on March 04, 2018, 01:55:15 PM
brick_mortimer: Wow nice catch, I like that building now that I know its existence. Really nice modern building! :)
The very first time I drove by (it's near the motorway) I did a double take and asked my wife if she saw a plant wall as well  :D

If you google "nike" "laakdal" and look for pictures you'll find some overview photo's as well.

Cheers!

mattb325

Quote from: Tyberius06 on March 04, 2018, 01:55:15 PM

Can you tell me what is that dutch-looking building on the first pic next to your building? Is that yours?

This is a really old BAT by Born78, a prolific batter in my early days who, along with Xannepan, sw21 et al., championed the W2W standards for European Bats.

It was quite the hunt as many hundreds of individual BSC files were pulled/erased from ST in protest many years ago and nothing is available referencing his name except via google searches.
It is now available in this prop pack: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=465, the lots for which can be found by searching under the 'BSC' name, such as: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=570, but there are others under BSC/CSX or the 'BLS' name.

fantozzi

Strangely I immeditaly imagined this building as a workshop for theaters or operas (or film production), facilities sometimes not located inside the theaters itself.

This would be the first of its kind in SC4, I guess - and therefore very, very wellcome.

Thank you mattb325. You may see: you inspire so many people with your work.

belfastsocrates

Yay! Green roofs!

Desperately needed as they're popping up more and more in cities. I also really like the building itself given it's versatility and 'generic modern' style we see in a lot of cities.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

eugenelavery

A great BAT which will work well in most style cities.

mattb325

Thanks guys. Fantozzi, I do like the idea of a workshop/production space for movies/theater and operas.  &idea

For now, meet BoB....not quite ready for release (modding + nightlights to be done) :

art128

What a beauty!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Indeed, a wonderful model!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

brick_mortimer

Oh, a nice modern building to house all the red tape  :thumbsup:

YouBet

The weight of bureaucracy is driving it down into the earth.

matias93

Wow, I love bureaucracy AND sunken buildings! And the details on the structure are simply great, particularly what transluces through the windows!

Even though, I guess this will be some newly created minstry of sorts on my city, because the style and density won't match nicely with the W2W environment where the others stand.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mattb325

Thanks guys...if I've done my job correctly, looking at BoB should be ever so slightly disconcerting and the relationship between the building and the lot should feel alienating...at the very least, I want this one to be a little less 'disney' than most of what I have made to date.

At any rate, nothing new to show: but another set of 4 stations has been put through its paces:

Available here:
http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3585

Alan_Waters

Sumptuously!  &apls
Troll really like it!  ;D

Akallan

Beautiful work! &apls
My CJ :

My european road textures project : S N T - v.2.1

noahclem

The BoB model looks excellent--great job on the sunken plaza  &apls  And it's great to see another station from your set! I haven't looked through the prop file so each new one is completely new to me  ;)