• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31.2 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, June 03, 2013, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce that the heavily-anticipated NAM Version 31.2 release is now available.  A number of key improvements and solutions to issues present in April's NAM Version 31.1 release have been addressed, including the following:

• Integration of 4GB Patch into installer, further preventing risk of CTDs on newer systems.
  • Maxis Highway Custom Interchanges button re-enabled, after fixing HID re-index issue in RUL0 file.
  • "Sinkhole-to-China" bugs fixed on several RealHighway (RHW) pieces.
  • L2 RHW x RHW OxD Stability improved.
  • Maxis Highway Override/"Project Symphony" Type A ramp is now able to be fully rotated.
  • RHW-10S bridge no longer has issues with missing tiles.
  • DDRHW-4 paths now at proper heights.
  • Maxis Highway Override/"Project Symphony" no longer causes CTDs when dragged under High Speed Rail.
  • Further improvements to RealHighway filler pieces.
  • Maxis Highway Override/"Project Symphony" OxD crossing with Rail Viaducts now facing the correct direction on all tiles.
  • Multiple "rainbow tile" issues fixed.
  • Some files moved from Rail Viaducts to Base Contents, to address issue with "missing tiles" reported by users who did not install the viaducts.
  • Several LHD path fixes for bridges.
  • Under/overpass on starter situations improved for RHW starters.
  • While the expanded RealHighway functionality available in the 31.x-series releases is much more stable in Version 31.2, issues still exist with the L1 and L2 Diagonal RHW-6C, 8C, 8S, and 10S, when crossing over other RealHighways.  The overpass may behave as if it is prevented, or produce inexplicable results.  Due to the complexity of the coding for any sort of crosslinking between two override networks (especially when one is multi-tile and diagonal), solving this issue is a veritable "needle in the haystack" situation, and will take substantial time to correct.  *Support will not be provided for issues involving these overpasses.*
  • The RealHighway FLEXFly system has been planned for some time to undergo spec changes, and as a result, issues with the current FLEXFly system are low priority.
  • Two multi-purpose transit stations by E-N of BriPizza have been added, serving the orthogonal intersections of almost all single-width networks that differ in height by 15m.
  • The NAM Ideal Transit Switches (NITS) have been introduced.  The NITS provide greatly increased efficiency for all combo NAM transit stations (e.g., all stations with subway access and at least one other major network), which results in greater network usage.
  • Controller updated to version r184.
  • Please note that the installer will "seek and destroy" old NAM installations in your Plugins, so there is no need to worry about uninstalling/deleting your old NAM.

Thank you all for your patience, and we hope you enjoy NAM 31.2.

The download may be found here, or, just log into the LEX and click "Most Popular", and you'll immediately see it.  Please note, that as always, you must be registered and logged onto the LEX in order to see the "Download Here" link.

This package is a Windows installer, which also runs on Linux using WINE.  Support for Mac users, especially those running OS X 10.7 or later, is not provided.

-The NAM Team

Cougar2004

Thank you for this release.  Trying it out now!  I dont think the NAM team receives enough appreciation for all the work they do for the thousands of us that enjoy playing SC4.  So Thank you once again NAM Team. 

Wodong

Is the integration of the 4 GB Patch an optional component of NAM 31.2?  Every time I've tried patching my Simcity4.exe with it, it's killed the program (fail to load at all) and I had to replace it with the pre-patch backup I have.  I am using Simcity Deluxe, and it's otherwise fully patched to ep 1.16380 and my game has been running smoothly despite active plugins of 3+ GB.  (If it matters I'm using a 2.5 GHz quad core i5 Intel CPU on Win 7x64.)

Don't want to waste SC4D's bandwidth if I can't use NAM 31.2 on account of not being able to disable/ignore the 4 BG Patch in the installer.  Thanks in advance.

z

Quote from: Wodong on June 03, 2013, 09:33:02 PM
Is the integration of the 4 GB Patch an optional component of NAM 31.2?

Technically, no.  The patch simply sets a standard bit in the executable's header file in the way Microsoft designed it to be used.  There should be no way for it to cause problems with the program.

The new installer requires installation of the patch on a system such as yours.  However, it also creates a backup of your executable.  Let the installer make the patch, and try it out.  If you still have problems, you can replace the executable with the backup, and the installer won't ask about the patch again.

Also, it would help if you could tell us where you got your game from.  That might have something to do with the problem.

FrankU

Nosimx

thinkdude

Thanks so much-- I wasnt expecting this so soon!! You guys rock!

sim_link

This release may finally push me into NAM31... great work NAM team. Between RL and then holding back to see bugfixes, it's about time I jump in. ;) Thanks again!

kj3400

No offense, but I barely had time to use 31.1  :D
This is great. You guys are the best.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Uzil

Jack_wilds

a hearty Thank You NAM-Team for your dedication towards quality modding...  &apls   &apls

spot

Kitsune

Just a couple quirks I noticed with the installer..

1) The wooden trestle single track bridge is listed as mandatory, not sure if this is correct as every other bridge is optional.
2) The Norwegian Road Markings for RHW-2 listed under the Options for American Road Textures. I dunno when Norway joined America .. :)
~ NAM Team Member

z

Quote from: Kitsune on June 04, 2013, 04:39:03 PM
1) The wooden trestle single track bridge is listed as mandatory, not sure if this is correct as every other bridge is optional.

On my system, it's not listed as mandatory; it's listed as partially selected, which is correct.  The wake effects are not selected by default.

Quote2) The Norwegian Road Markings for RHW-2 listed under the Options for American Road Textures. I dunno when Norway joined America .. :)

Unlike most of Europe, Norway uses the same type of road textures as the U.S. (double yellow line in the middle, etc.).  That's why it's listed here.

EDIT:  I'll change the names to "American-Style" and "European-Style" for the next release.  That should help reduce any confusion.

strucka

Seems this update wants me to install the SC4 patch. I was quite sure my game is patched, but now it seems I can't get the patch to install.. =S

Otherwise it's great to see such a live activity in your department, I hope I can test the new version as soon as I can.

z

Quote from: strucka on June 05, 2013, 07:34:41 AM
Seems this update wants me to install the SC4 patch. I was quite sure my game is patched, but now it seems I can't get the patch to install.. =S

What version does your game say it is?  You can find this information on the Details tab when you bring up the file's Properties window.

starlifter27

I initially had the same issue, that is with the patch install.  When it attempted to install, I got a pop up window with "Old file not found.  However, a file of the same name was found.  No update done since file contents do not match."

However, after a few attempts, it now installed correctly, and I'll run the game to see if everything is functioning.  Not sure why it didn't install initially, but it did install now.

My version is 1.1.638.0, with a file size of 8,407,514.  I'm running windows 7 64 bit on a core i7 laptop.

TEG24601

Excellent update.  Solve my last remaining problem from 31.1, textures.  Now to solve the RHWDD issues I'm having...

Patricius Maximus

Well, the new features of 31.2 will be quite useful for my cities. I might say that the NAM Team have provided just what the doctor ordered. In particular the first 3-lane ramps and smooth curves for the RHW-6S will be very helpful.