• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaPa-J

Just wanted to say thanks for all the Uploads you have put out there.  You do tremendous work and I enjoy using what you create.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Badsim

Hi Matt ,  :)

What an happy FARandole of BATs ( and puns  $%Grinno$% ) since my last post indeed ... so precious releases , pun apart , there's no lack of orthogonal BATs as FAR as I know . I knew  that you would consider Stephen's suggestion  :thumbsup: ... and  , as long as  I'm among these boring people only able to praise  %wrd : thanks for being still there despite unavoidable jots of exasperation sometimes . Hey , la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquile you know ... :P

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

fantozzi

Quote from: Badsim on November 24, 2018, 08:09:39 AM

Hey , la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquile you know ... :P

Cédric.

Wrong!   :slap: You mean: "La vie est un long FAR tranquile."  ;D

And thank you Matt for the FleuveFAR-3 Town Hall.

mattb325

Thanks everyone, glad you like them  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Badsim on November 24, 2018, 08:09:39 AM
la vie n'est pas un long fleuve tranquile you know ... :P

c'est trop vrai  :D

I've made the 18.4 mirror plus the diagonal version.

By doing it this way, that same lot can be placed next to diagonal STR. Although it gives a whole new meaning to the rail term "mind the gap"  :P

The stations are 8 tiles long and they've been modded for bus+rail and to let freight through.

Kitsune

..... I never (maybe really rarely) post requests... but what about a GLR version ? :)
~ NAM Team Member

mattb325

Sure.

I'll call it trammy Mctram-face station.

Also, the diagonal is quite niftily flexible: it can be placed up against the NAM overpasses, and, as a bonus, the buses leave from the road overpass:

And....because nothing good goes unpunished, in my testing on one side, the diagonal station simply won't light up.

It's got me stumped...it's the same model, the same lot, just placed on a different side of the track...and, well, "computer says 'no'..." I've seen it once before on someone else's file. I don't think there is a fix for it (I have moved the overhanging model around on the lot, but to no avail....also, it lights up when pointed in one direction, so overhanging too far isn't the problem). Any ideas out there, or is it just one of those things?

Nebuchanezzar

Hi Matt. I just wanted to drop by here to offer some thanks for the tremendous work you've put in over the years. The volume and quality is astounding :) &apls

fantozzi

Sir, not that I shine at those things and being more expert in creating twilight - but I learned if you can exclude everything else it's often the most silly thing like you forgot to plug your PC or something like this. So seeing those advertisings - I guess they consume a lot of current for producing such a heat - did you perhaps run out of current in your city?

Andreas

IIRC, that's a bug in the game, overhanging models won't light up in some direction(s) for whatever reason. Did you try to reduce the occupant size to something that is smaller than the actual lot? The blue square/rectangle in the Lot Editor must be inside the lot boundaries, so it might be necessary to render the model off-centered (if you haven't done that already).
Andreas

mattb325

Thanks!

The occupant prop size in those pics is 15.9m (i.e. smaller than a lot tile). It is offset rendered, but I will try reducing it even further to see if that helps. I suspect it won't....and the billboards...? They are actually the reason the city has a night life  :D

In the men time I've uploaded another of the FAR-3 series: the 2x4 overhanging park (which interestingly doesn't suffer the same nightlight issues  ::) )

Here:

https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3732

art128

Nice little station you recently made.

Thanks for the little parks too! These will make great fillers.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Andreas

The only thing that I can think of: In which direction (looking at the lot orientation in LE) is it overhanging? If the "street side" is "south", maybe "north" works, but not "east" and/or "west"? Or maybe it does work with park lots, but not with functional ones?

But yes, 15.9 m might be still "too big", so try something smaller. I only remember that this caused me quite some headaches now and then, and "suddenly", it worked after changing things here and there... (and sometimes, I might have missed it, but fortunately, I didn't receive any complaints so far ;) ).
Andreas

metarvo

The grid-breaking going on here is beyond compare to anything I've seen since diagonal bridges became a thing.  FARR stations are a largely untouched area.  I can't think of any off the top of my head.  The small parks are a nice touch, too.  Not every space has to be built up with skyscrapers; a little breathing room is nice.  Good work Matt!

&apls

Also, do I see FAR cars?
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mattb325

Thanks guys  :thumbsup:

Quote from: metarvo on November 29, 2018, 07:53:34 AM
Also, do I see FAR cars?

You see them too? I'm glad I'm not the only one:

%confuso :D

mattb325

()borg()

Meanwhile in a denser part of town:

Limited to 3x3 and 6x6 corner allotments only. The 3x3 doesn't grow too often (a good thing IMHO). At 18 stories, it's slightly higher than what I usually make, but a few more diagonals are needed.

fantozzi

Confess! You absorbed Bixel's soul!

Jokes apart - you are a master in all disciplines of batting. Parks, props,  tiny romantic cottages, scary buildings of bureaucracy, civics, stations.

Incredible. Everything you touch is elevated to top quality.

I mean, tower blocks. It's a necessary evil of bigger cities. But you ... you make the necessary evil looking good. Once more you impressed me.

art128

A much welcomed addition to my cities. :) :) :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

PaPa-J

Looking Sharp.  Yes, we need more.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

mrbisonm

With all this, I might even start building some diagonal streets in my cities, something I usually never do. Very nice indeed.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325

Thanks guys

Quote from: fantozzi on November 30, 2018, 12:54:22 PM
Confess! You absorbed Bixel's soul!

Hehehehe! One of the users on the Lex was kind enough to inform me that I was a satan worshiper......now, it seems I also have the power to consume other batters souls  :D  &hlp

Indeed we do need a few more apartments.

Anyway, I really liked art128's pictures of Japan, and it reminded me of my own trips to Japan (for both work and holidays). Quite often I would stay in the Rappongi district; it's central to Tokyo and reasonably hilly. As a result, a lot of the apartments are built on steep retaining walls that jut up at all angles from the street. You can see this sort of influence in SOMY's bats, but his are very much redolent of Japan.
I decided to make a fictional BAT (like 99% of my bats  ::) ) that uses this notion of a retaining wall at street level (housing the car park and other utility areas) and putting the apartments on a raised platform above. It is more of a hybrid east/west type affair...

It's a 4x4 lot limited to both corners only so that it isn't a massive weed, but will compete really well with the Almeda Townhomes that I made which just don't seem to have enough competition in that 4x4 space.