• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

UI group and instance range needed

Started by moganite, January 29, 2007, 05:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moganite

I am begining to mod our UIs for our team and am looking for a location to put our logo file
I am proposing the range of instances Starting with E810 (NHP in HEX 4 digits) or E90

At this stage I am also looking at a group  for the image but am not sure of  a value that would be suitiable for a logo

The method I am planning on using is overlaying a transparent image over the maxis UI and giving the derived UI a custom Instance starting with a 3 digit range. It would only add 3.6 k for the small version of the logo or 5.5 k for the large.

Right now I am editing a test UI to evaluate the technique in a next to blank plugins folderwith an instance of E9000000 for the image and E9000001 for the UI. I have just checked the group 46A006B0 and it does not conflict with any maxis image and UI file for instances starting with E90. Checking for other filke types to scan of the  instance range e90******

I want to know if there are any potential sources of conflict in custom content that is out there.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

daeley

hmm... there never really was an index for UI's I believe... for any UI specific to a lot, I've always used the same IID as the lot's exemplars

as for images... the combinations one can make with 8-digit GID and 8-digit IID can be considered near infinite (16^16 to be precise) so I wouldn't worry too much about that...
1. Install SC4+RH
2. Install LEX (CD&DVD helps) and latest NAM + updates
3. Play the game
4. ? ? ? ?
5. Profit!

Colyn

Mog .... most of us make a specific UI for a lot ... TGI it for that lot and then place the UI etc in a Essentials dat and just keep calling it by that number.

I have 4 or 5 UI's in circulation and do have a hell of a lot of lots out there.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

moganite

The NHP set has been released an though it has nothing refering to it anywhere it somehow got 126 DLs i am going to append all of my lots to it and other members of NHP might use it. Its for planned lots.
As it stands all types of maxis lots now have a NHP equivalent though none have been released yet. One will be shortly but it takes me a very long time to BAT objects ATM.

I spose i should not of done it the way I did but then 120 K for an entire lot UI set and 5 k for the actual image.
Well thing is I am about 3 years behind you daely just starting to see what can be done with it.

This first atempt is well a bit crude but effective.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine