• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

APSMS

Well, I don't know about the exact process, but the general rule (for me) is to never save in a data view. Because the region view is saved from the visible appearance of Zoom level 1 (furthest zoom), you'll notice that certain things like paths (via the drawpaths cheat) or the USL will show up (in region view) if you save the game with them enabled (e.g. the appropriate cheat or night mode).

To avoid this bug to begin with, the rule (as stated in the readme [somewhere... &Thk/(]) is to open the data view in your city (any data view, doesn't need to be traffic) before you save. Don't save with the data view on, but make sure that it is open at least once (with data showing) each time you work on your city, and before you save with region view (long save, Ctrl+S, as opposed to quick save, Ctrl+Shift+S, which doesn't create a region view). Make sure you go back to the non-special view before you save.

As a final possible solution, you could try opening the region in SC4Terraformer, making a few edits (to a backed-up, but still bugged version), and seeing if, upon rerendering the region in SC4 colors, the problem has gone away. This of course is really only a viable option if you already have Terraformer, but it may be worth looking into anyways if region views are that important to you, and nothing else works.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

Experience an issue on new pc (win8.1 pro 64 bit) with missing RRW paths, even though I did a clean install and all the necessary files are in place.  &mmm

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

memo

You seem to be using LHT. The LHT component of the RRW is missing in the installer, but it was published in an attachment. See this post.

vortext

Erm, what the heck  - how did that happen!? Do not recall selection LHD during game installation. .  ??? And how did I not notice it before?!  :facepalm:  :D

Anyway glad it's an easy fix.

Okay I spoke too soon. . following these steps another issue arose: I don't see Maxis anywhere in the registry.  %wrd

All right, issue resolved thanks to Andreas. Also thank you AppleDelight, just found that info before your post. Time for bed now
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Apple Delight

It's under 'SOFTWARE → Wow6432Node' as it's a 32 bit application.

esirvys

Quote from: APSMS on April 02, 2015, 12:31:48 AM
To avoid this bug to begin with, the rule (as stated in the readme [somewhere... &Thk/(]) is to open the data view in your city (any data view, doesn't need to be traffic) before you save. Don't save with the data view on, but make sure that it is open at least once (with data showing) each time you work on your city, and before you save with region view (long save, Ctrl+S, as opposed to quick save, Ctrl+Shift+S, which doesn't create a region view). Make sure you go back to the non-special view before you save.

thanks for the replies, I think this was basically it. I tried various combinations, but it seems opening the city, adding more roads (which I wasn't doing earlier), opening/closing traffic view, then ctrl-S, followed by "Exit to region without save" (previously I was using "Save and Exit to region"), seemed to clear off the black marks from the region view.

matthart1234

Hello Nam Team And all SC4 modders. I'm having an issue with NWM and Tuleps. Is it possible to use these together? My issues is connecting a standard avenue with 4 lane roads. Is this possible to Have this juncton as one big tulep piece so there wont be the small section of avenue in between the avenue/road junctions which seems to be causing traffic problems. Ive tried to upload a picture but seems the file size is to large. Help would be greatly appreciated. Peace and Love

titanicbuff

if your using the NRD 4- or narrow 4 then no- Tuleps are not possible. ATM there are only TULEPS for certain ones, none for most. Sorry.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

matthart1234

Thanks for you swift reply. I guess ill deal with what ive got. Would switching the 4 lane road to a 3 lane avenue work?

titanicbuff

3 lane is a 2 lane with built in Tulep- that would work better.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

matthart1234

portlandexpos04

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with RHW, not sure if this is the correct thread, but would appreciate some help.

When I drag diagonal RHW, it works at first, but when I zoom out and then back in, I get this:

I've tried a full re-install of NAM, but it didn't fix the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

eggman121

Hello portlandexpos04

Try using a slope Mod for the RHW

The Diagonals uses overhangs so they are cutting into the terrain, or at least thats what I think is happening.

There should be a slope mod that will suit your needs on the LEX.

If that does not work than it may be the graphics.

-eggman121

portlandexpos04

Thanks eggman121!  :thumbsup:  I downloaded Ennedi's slope mod and it did the trick.  Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

Synthael

Hello NAMites, I have a few bugs to report. I went through a few pages here, watched out for all the fixes I could find and double checked first if I have them to avoid bugging you for nothing.

I'm using LHD (UK) version of the game, with complete NAM installation. Following pieces have their paths missing or messed up (RHD versions instead of LHD):
- RRW - DTR Y intersection (orth to 2xdiag) (Wide radius version)
- GLR - Y intersection, all rotations, both puzzle and dragable, was using alternate styles draggables, don't know if the standard one is also like that
- Diagonal TRAM station (standalone, didn't check the TIA version) is missing all paths

And one question... Are 7.5m road and avenue overpass ramps implemented, or there are only on-slope pieces?

Thanks again for everything you did for this game.  :thumbsup:

bks

Hi guys,
maybe this is discussed already,but I can't read 170+ pages to find a solution ( if any ).
Can somebody help me to fix this bug? See the picture.  I am using NAM 32 and Euro road textures. Piece on the picture is only that has this issue. American texture appears partially on this piece.

mgb204

Quote from: Synthael on June 18, 2015, 06:30:30 AM
Hello NAMites, I have a few bugs to report.

RRW is still an in-progress mod, so it wouldn't surprise me if some paths (especially LHD) were not yet included.

I noticed the GLR station the other day since I'm redoing many GLR textures right now, you are indeed correct about the Y intersections too. In my game paths show, only they are the RHD ones not LHD, not sure why you have none at all really. I'll look into fixing these, with luck I can sneak them into NAM33 should new paths be required.

QuoteAre 7.5m road and avenue overpass ramps implemented, or there are only on-slope pieces?

If you mean the dragable ones, yes the basic functionality was added from NAM32, don't drag through the on-slopes, this doesn't work - place the on-slopes, then place at least one L1 starter and drag up to (but not through) the onslopes from the starter and it should work fine. Many junctions/diagonal crossings are not currently supported though.

Quote from: bksI am using NAM 32 and Euro road textures. Piece on the picture is only that has this issue. American texture appears partially on this piece.

Confirmed my end, best advice would be to replace the Puzzle pieces with Dragable FAR instead, they all show properly and puzzle pieces are a thing of the past, so you might as well get used to the new way sooner or later.

bks

Quote from: bksI am using NAM 32 and Euro road textures. Piece on the picture is only that has this issue. American texture appears partially on this piece.

Confirmed my end, best advice would be to replace the Puzzle pieces with Dragable FAR instead, they all show properly and puzzle pieces are a thing of the past, so you might as well get used to the new way sooner or later.
[/quote]

Thanks, Dragable FAR works.

Zeratai

Hi, I have a problem with the curves (road s, avenue 45 and avenue 90, etc) when I place them only the trees appea, but no textures for the sidewalks. Can anyone know what is causing them to be blank?

eggman121

Hello Zeratai

The issue is that those pieces are Puzzle Pieces and thus not sidewalk compatible unless you have a separate mod from the LEX or the STEX. Most of the pieces you have mentioned Have draggable,Flex equivalents so you should try those.

-eggman121