• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ilives Reader

Started by un1, December 10, 2008, 05:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

A few people requested for a thread to be made to link the downloads to the Ilive Reader.

LEX Version
Link to download - Must register at the LEX first.

Simtropolis Version
Link to download - Must register at Simtropolis first.

Tutorials
The Reader: Beginners Guide - Must register at Simtropolis first.
Modding: Basic and Advanced Tutorials

If you have a tutorial that should be here, just post it in this thread (with a link).

High5Tower

Just saw you article since I am on a break from using the Reader to re-organize my parks menu. Its taken me a while to jump in and start using the Reader but now that I have been doing it I find its a great tool. Have been using it the tackle my big pile of "empty lots" and someday this winter I will get to the NOB folder. Since I joined back in 12-06 I have been reading everything I can about all these tools and my small brain is finally comprehending all this stuff. Soon I want to start making my own MML's . Just one day at a time. And just like playing the game, I am having a ball! :thumbsup:

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

kalbo13

JoeST

The LEX link works fine, and the STEX copies are out of date.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Kergelen

Hi,
I want to learn how to use Ilives Reader but I don't find any guide. The link to Simtropolis does not work. &mmm
Someone can help me...
Thanks

Links to SC4 websites

jeronij

Quote from: un1 on December 10, 2008, 05:26:12 PM

Tutorials
The Reader: Beginners Guide - Must register at Simtropolis first.

Modding: Basic and Advanced Tutorials

If you have a tutorial that should be here, just post it in this thread (with a link).

To all the interested in these tutorials  ;)

Also:  Omnibus
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

whatevermind

The link to the Beginner's Guide is out of date since ST reorganized itself, the current location is:

The Reader, Beginner's Guide

Registration at ST is still required.

Cougar2004

That link you just gave does correct the broken links from above, but its for a tutorial of Ilive Reader from 10 years ago, not for the iLive Reader 1.4 we have today. They don't look anything alike anymore. Does anyone have any tutorial links for the current iLive Reader 1.4?  Thx.

Lowkee33

As far as I know, there is no documentation for 1.4.  What are you trying to do?

I prefer the old (LEX) version rather than 1.4 (SourceForge).  It is much more stable in my experience.  There are very few things that it can't do compared to 1.4, and I would guess that if you knew what those differences were, you wouldn't need to ask how to do it.

NCGAIO

To be included as information ... all versions of Reader can be downloaded from Sourceforge ... since the original 2003 to the last 2010 ... link below.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ilive-reader/files/ilive-reader/

As for the manual I want to believe that the best can be said is that this software free is not primarily designed to learn how to do but to help make.

Without a permit Ilive to put everything together in a single place is the only option to learn to use.

whatevermind

I don't think there is anything newer. However, that guide, while old, will still teach you the basics of using the program, even if you're working on v1.4.  Also, you can always download the old version of the program, and use that to work through the guide and get comfortable with the program, then switch over to the newer version.