• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Westfield

Started by Allein, May 08, 2011, 02:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremec

Good to see you here  :thumbsup:
We want pictures  :D
Click on the banner to see my BATs

noahclem

Ah, the pictures are here! Nice work and bienvenue a SC4D  :thumbsup:

Allein

Thanks  ;)

1st Update:

Allein

Global view from Downtown Manhattan:

Midtown Manhattan:

Penn Station:

Madison Square Garden:

Another view:

What do you think ?

j-dub

lol i don't remember NYC having that orange bridge pictured up top, however, its great to see the Titanic alive, along with the twins.

Don't know when your going to build the island with the Statue of Liberty, but its a good thing for SC4 that most landmarks exist. Recreating a real city in terms of SimCity is a big project, especially because of the requirement of growing residential. Since NYC also remembers the French with their own Arc De Triumph, I guess you could always build that in a park somewhere too. Personally, the most challenging thing about real cities in SimCity terms are how building the roads are usually kind of tricky. Without NAM components like longer radius curves and Network Widening Mod, I don't know if what you proved possible could be done without it, you worked pretty hard to prove your point. 

If you want a harder challenge, I say that is recreating New York's subway line under the ground. Although, I don't usually see subways pictured in mayor diaries, because their under ground.

The last picture of that night light shot, has so much realism, others who see it that don't play SimCity 4 will deny that picture was taken in it. I think my favorite shot is the use of MAVE-6 and building a giant avenue.

supremec

j-dub: It's a fantastic New York

Good pictures, I like it  :thumbsup:

Allein

The Statue of Liberty will come soon

Update of the Old Seaport:
It was completly reamenaged, look !

The World Trade Center

Tomas Neto

Great start, and nice updates!!!

j-dub

lol Not only is it angry puppet version of Kim Jong from Nork on the big screen under Aurora, but also right er um left next to AIG. Aw man, really IAM, your too much. :D

Terring7

I'm happy to see the W.T.C. in your pictures, especially surrounding with modern-futuristic buildings. Keep it up :thumbsup:
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Allein

Thanks

Here is the Update New York International Seaport
Sorry for translation, it's made by Gooogle (remind this in a fiew updates :D Update about the Silicone Valley  $%Grinno$%)

An overview:

Oh, what's that ... you, it looks like it's an old nuclear plant. It's located less than 4 km (Yes you read that correctly, 4 km) from Manhattan.

The first nuclear tests in order to provide electricity began in 1947. The current buildings were built between 1959 and 1967.Elle is so far the nuclear power plant has been in service for as long as it closed in the year 2003 because of too great a risk and the close proximity of New York :

A cooling pool in case (Chernobyl Fukushima, it reminds you of memories, is not it ?)

A runway landing for firefighters  &hlp

Well, there are many containers  ;D

supremec

too many common cranes, but this, you has already known it  $%Grinno$%

Allein

The seaport-2nd part:

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

DerChrischi

I like it, :) but where are the people, the cars, the trains?? ()what() ()what() ()what()
The city seems so lifeless. :thumbsdown: Very bad!
But otherwise it is considered real impulse response in terms of the harbor! &apls = Like it

RickD

Wow, the harbor is huge. Must have taken long to build it. I think the ships are too close together and there are too many of the blue cranes. Otherwise I like it.  :)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Allein

Thanks for comments :thumbsup:

Mountain View, CA -> my best city ever - part 1

We arrived by train at station Mountain View, in the heart of the Silicon Valley region specializing in computers and electronics.
We'll do a short tour in this Silicon Valley.

The center of electronics research, the dome houses a huge exhibition center on science:

A freeway interchange of great importance: it connects the airport, downtown and east of the region:

The city of Mountain View itself:

The hospital:

A small shop:

A department store:

A base station (or rather tower :P ()stsfd() ;D yes, here in Mountain View were delusions of bigness $%Grinno$%)

The headquarters of a very large company specializing in microprocessors, Imtel that manufactures processors including the very famous Core 2, Core i3, i5 and i7

The  GoooglePlex from the multinational Gooogle

The headquarters of RMD (Retarted Micro Device)$%Grinno$% :P

The headquarters  of Minisoft who has made the operating system Windows (last in date: Windows 7 )

Oops... &ops ()sad() It's the wrong addresses, plus you were not supposed to see this  :bomb:
Well, here we go:

To finish mVIDIA corp. building company headquarters of mVIDIA, it products include graphics cards: the geLow $%Grinno$% :P

Hope you like this geek humor  ;D $%Grinno$% :thumbsup:

io_bg

I like the garbage truck traffic jam $%Grinno$% And interesting company names you've in your city ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

travismking

I really like your cities, and i think a way to make them look 10000% better would be to turn sims on. Your cities are lifeless, no cars or sims walking, just nothing, and I want to see that happening ... Other than that, I like it

j-dub

Quote from: DerChrischi on May 11, 2011, 06:36:32 AM
I like it, :) but where are the people, the cars, the trains?? ()what() ()what() ()what()
The city seems so lifeless. :thumbsdown: Very bad!
But otherwise it is considered real impulse response in terms of the harbor! &apls = Like it
Quote from: travismking on May 13, 2011, 06:22:01 AM
I really like your cities, and i think a way to make them look 10000% better would be to turn sims on. Your cities are lifeless, no cars or sims walking, just nothing, and I want to see that happening ... Other than that, I like it

Oh, but then what are those people doing down there, guys?
Quote from: IAM

IAM, guessing you still live in France, I am curious about your interest in American cityscape. The pictures with the cul-de-sacs especially with the angled houses, does resemble a regular American suburb, quite perfectly, whether Mountain View exists is beyond me.