• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Questions about rivers

Started by Golhbul, August 26, 2016, 07:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golhbul

Hi Devotion,

Today I come to you to see if you know a way to remove the waves, either on rivers or lakes / oceans? Not on the bridges, I already have the plugin.

I find the current curves really very pixelate. There's one way to mitigate this. See in the imge, the big red circle.

Thank you

_Michael

You can disable the waves in the settings. Forgot the name of the panel - think it is graphics options.

Golhbul

Quote from: michae95l on August 26, 2016, 07:04:37 AM
You can disable the waves in the settings. Forgot the name of the panel - think it is graphics options.

Thank you.

Waves, a rookie mistake, I really did not see this option in play .... And what is the pixelate effect?

mgb204

Otherwise you could try adjusting either the terrain properties for more optimal settings. Or, assuming you are running in DirectX mode, you can tweak the GPU settings in the control panel (3D settings) to better support such transparency effects. Some settings will cause problems, others can improve visual fidelity, so a bit of trial and error is usually needed.

matias93

And, this could sound obvious, but you can try to match more closely the colours of sand and water, to hide partially the coastline, serving from a terrain mod. I also remember that there is a mod that enhances water transparency (maybe on the Lowkee's Appalachian installer?) so the line between sand and water doesn't look as sharp.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

mgb204

Rather than have a mod for this, it's better to just alter the existing terrain files, an excellent guide to this can be found here.

Golhbul

Thank you

I got to do something absolutely fine thanks to this guide ...

I have another question, but about Poseidon Xannepan. I put it here instead of opening a new topic. Unless you advise me to do so.
Do you know if we can reduce the size of the "brush"? I'd like to do a small lake, but the "brush" is big for detail. Can be can make a second if it is not possible to reduce it?

thanks again

mgb204

Hmmm... not sure really. The thing is that Xannepann made these using effects, he really knew a lot more about them than most. I know you can alter textures on them, but I think the size is somewhat randomly chosen each time you plop one. So I suppose in theory even if you made a smaller one, you couldn't guarantee every click would place the smallest.

NCGAIO

To read from

"$Deal"$  - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2596.msg473092#msg473092

Forms of use and precautions with results