• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JP Schriefer's BATs

Started by JP Schriefer, August 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

The structural variety in the building design itself is intriguing; I especially like those hallways connecting the two sides of the building.  Good work!  :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JP Schriefer

art128: thank you! But wait, WOT?   :-[ How did you know...ok let's forget that, you're on the right way but I won't confirm if you guess the correct building and destroy my surprise :D
I'll try to visit the residential to get some details bacause there's nothing about it on internet.

metarvo: thanks!  :)

I managed to do a preview from Skatteskrapan today. The roof is tricky so after doing it this part will look better, it's too empty for now '-'

I took the opportunity to test some textures on the residential. I like them, so I'll just avoid repetitions and make them dirtier:

belfastsocrates

Loving the residential building so far!

I'm looking forward to Skatteskrapan as well, these sort of mid-century commercial buildings will be most welcome as a creator of European-style cities.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

art128

Quote from: Schriefer on August 28, 2016, 10:26:00 AM
thank you! But wait, WOT?   :-[ How did you know...

A wild guess based on the info you gave.. Famous but often overlooked due to even more famous building around it? There ain't much city in the world that could fit this description. :) But don't worry I won't guess the building itself, that's too much work and would ruin the surprise. :D

Nice start on the Skatteskrapan and the textures on the Belo Horizonte building is nice too.

Oh yeah and to answer what you asked on ST, 200m2 for a flat is definitely BIG. Let's just say the flat I live in with my mother is 90m2 in Paris and already feels too big.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JP Schriefer

This semester is being very difficult, that's why I'm not appearing here often with news about the projects. But I made this little generic building slowly for a few weeks and now it's on the LEx: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3431

Also, today I decided to check a building from Washington D.C. I saw on TV (John Adams Building) and I found it a nice one to do at the moment because it's not so detailed. With a few hours I modelled almost everything, but I need to know what are those 'rectangles' around the building. The main library as I could see also have those around it. Anyone have any idea what this might be?

APSMS

https://binged.it/2fnE3KI

They appear to be either unused garden beds or the roof of a partially submerged basement that simply has nothing on top. More than that I can't say, as the pictures are very lacking and I've never been there in person.

Best bet would be to fill them with whatever you want, though I don't think you can see these areas from the street (so not much of a garden bed idea).
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

kbieniu7

Just few hours?  :o it would take me several weeks, I guess!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

JP Schriefer

APSMS: thanks for this map! I realize I've to fix some things I didn't know exactly how to do only with Street vView and pictures. I think I'll do those rectangles just as a glass roof then.

kbieniu7: yes, because it's not too much detailed. You can see there's a small variety of windows and the building is mirrored (one side is like the other), so basically I modeled some parts and then I made some CTRL+C and CTRL+V

_Michael

That looks like a really nice WIP. Loving the recent release as well!

reddonquixote

Great start JP  :thumbsup: Very nice choice of building too.
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Aaron Graham

I want to see more from this thread!! :O
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

weixc812

How is the Hearst Tower going, Schriefer?  ;D
It's such a unique building  :thumbsup:
Welcome to ALFERRID(UPDATE 5-District C)
And my other pics at SimCityChina:click here

JP Schriefer

michae95l, reddonquixote, Aaron Graham: thank you very much, guys  :)

weixc812: I was working on the glasses of the roof some days ago, their configurations were not correct. There are still some things to do there, but I hope to release it soon, at the same time I'm not sure because there are also other models to finish :p

The Great Southwest Tower is almost completed, I just need to model some little things and improve some textures. The Tacoma Financial Center is also almost there, I'll show it here next time I be able to do it.
I hope to release something before Christmas.

matias93

About the transparency in the Hearst Tower: what if you take those glass in the roof out of the main model and create a prop? Using Nique's method to assign semi-transparency you can have glass that easily shows what is behind the building, without having to simulate it on the rendering.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Vizoria

The building looks fabulous! Is it W2W?

JP Schriefer

matias93: oh my bad, actually I was meaning the shape of the windows, I did it wrong there, but it's an interesting alternative to other problems I have sometimes, thanks for the tip :)

Vizoria: yes, it is. I will also release it with and without that annex. It is 2x3 with the annex and 2x2 without it, both W2W and corner building.

Yesterday I did a last test with grunge textures in the tower, just need to export it now :)

reddonquixote

Its looking good JP. I love any building with writing on it  :P
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

Thanks, reddonquixote, I also like buildings like that :p

The Great Southwest Building is now on the LEx, here you go: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3464

The Tacoma Financial Center I said last time:

APSMS

Not 100% sold on the blue glass, given the current trend (including yourself) of using the ground plane to determine reflection color/pattern as opposed to the past practices of using ground-based photos to determine glass color.

Of course, having said this I have no idea how the actual RL building looks from the air. You could be 100% correct, in which case, good show, sir. :popcorn:

Great SW Building looks great! Thanks!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

JP Schriefer

Thank you APMSMS :)
Actually the glass texture is not final, I'm not happy with it as well, I believe the Bird's Eye view from Bing Maps will help.