• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

HIGHWAY Tunnel

Started by moeom, February 22, 2012, 03:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moeom

Is it possible to make a Highway Tunnel? Im trying so hard and its simply not working. :( Is it possible that the BRF Tunnel&Slope plugin interfering with me getting it right? I haven't tried to remove it and just came to my mind while posting this. Going to sleep now. But i thought i would ask so i can give it a try tomorrow after work. So if its possible for a highway tunnel, can someone please tell me or show me a link to a tutorial. Thanks a bunch.

woodb3kmaster

You haven't specified what kind of highway you're talking about, but it looks like you mean RHW. Tunnels for RHW are disabled, because they don't work. People have manipulated slope mods to the point where the game will draw them, but no tunnel entrances appear (just a transparent ground texture), and no traffic uses them. These problems appear to be hardcoded in the game's EXE (which can't legally be edited), so unfortunately, there's no way to fix the tunnels.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

moeom

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on February 22, 2012, 04:12:43 PM
You haven't specified what kind of highway you're talking about, but it looks like you mean RHW. Tunnels for RHW are disabled, because they don't work. People have manipulated slope mods to the point where the game will draw them, but no tunnel entrances appear (just a transparent ground texture), and no traffic uses them. These problems appear to be hardcoded in the game's EXE (which can't legally be edited), so unfortunately, there's no way to fix the tunnels.

Thx for the info. That means i will have to use the game's highway system for the tunnel and connect the RHW to them just before the tunnel right?

rooker1

Quote from: moeom on February 22, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
Thx for the info. That means i will have to use the game's highway system for the tunnel and connect the RHW to them just before the tunnel right?

Yes, that's correct.
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

You can find some info on how to here. This is for the games highway tunnels but some of the info may be useful to you.

Its an old tutorial of mine from a while back  ;) hope that helps  :thumbsup:

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II