• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

2016 current status of Simtropolis.com

Started by Jack_wilds, January 04, 2016, 04:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

so whats happening with simtropolis.com?...  ()sad()

I would very like to give them aid but spent my last $$ fro eats and gas for the truck  &mmm

mgb204

Site outages due to upgrades and other factors are all part of running a website. I'm sure it'll be back up as usual within a few days at most. I believe there is a Twitter feed (assuming you use such things) for reporting the status, so that's probably the easiest way to verify what is going on.

Tarkus

Here is the Twitter feed.  They haven't posted anything since December 30th, though if this ends up being a longer outage, they're usually pretty good about updating it.

-Alex

JP Schriefer

Looks like a problem happened. They usually let a message on ST saying they're updating the site. Today there's only a weird error message.

Vizoria

Simtropolis sure has suffered from a lot of outages in the last several months. It must be site upgrade teething pains.

Bipin

Well, this is disconcerting. Hopefully it's just a hiccup, but I need my favourite charmingly bizarre mid-night chat room back up soon!  :crytissue: ;)

FrankU

AaarghHH...!
I uploaded a file yesterday afternoon. Was it my mistake? I hope not!

gviper

Frank you took the whole dang site down!  :thumbsdown: ???   

:laugh: :D :thumbsup:

FrankU

simmaster07

Good to see the Simtrop servers haven't stopped catching fire at random ::)

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

FrankU

Bipin

mgb204

Bipin - Why do you insist on breaking the internet  :D

It's back up it seems :).

FrankU

Yes, and up again!

By the way, now that I have your attention: what is wrong with the search function? I seem to have so many results every time I look for something that I still cannot find what I am looking for. It's terrible!  :'(  ()what()  :angrymore:  :bomb:

mgb204

Hint: Use google :) Search is so broken on ST I don't even consider it's existence.

compdude787

I've never understood why they don't just use Google Custom Search on the STEX, which is what the LEX uses for its search function (not the "Power Search" where you can search by categories or usernames, but the plain-old search function).
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

FrankU

Yeah, that is a good idea. I'll do that. Thanks.