• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reader "need some advice"

Started by clearlypowa, October 03, 2009, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clearlypowa

Hi there,

i started in LE a small rail freight station. here are the steps i have made :  "$Deal"$

- take the blam model in PIM and create a freight station
- open the std freight station and change the building
- make some changes (tectures and props) in LE, and save.
- start SC4 and plop my station  :thumbsup:
- Need to make some changes and open reader's
- make some changes by exemplar file (the one with jobs power water,pollution.....) and make small changes in some properties, using a table of conversion between hex and dec numbers.
- Reindex lot configuration, save and start sc4
- open a city, and no rail station was in the transport menu   ()what() what happends ??

Edit :

- Before starting, reader, the lot was in the transport menu when i play at SC4. the lot dissapers after i use readers

I have made 3 types of saves, and each time no lot show up in sc4

- save as with a new name (dat file), run sc4 ==> nothing show up
- save as and replace the original version in my plugins folder ==> nothing show up
- click on save in the menu => nothing show up

thanks for your help

SimGoober

Well... that's a tough one to nail down. COuld be many things.

1) Occupant Groups. This tells the game where to put the lot.  If you changed, added, or deleted some here, it may show up on the worng menu, or not at all.

2) Lot Resource Key. Mess with this one, and away she goes!  Tells the game which lot this plop building is on.

Those are the two most obvious, though depending on what else you changed, it could be elsewhere...
When life just blows ... Fukitol!

Silur

And You can create Your new freight station with another tools - SC4Tool or DatGen with Easy Tweaker

clearlypowa

Quote from: SimGoober on October 04, 2009, 06:11:30 AM
Well... that's a tough one to nail down. COuld be many things.

1) Occupant Groups. This tells the game where to put the lot.  If you changed, added, or deleted some here, it may show up on the worng menu, or not at all.

2) Lot Resource Key. Mess with this one, and away she goes!  Tells the game which lot this plop building is on.

Those are the two most obvious, though depending on what else you changed, it could be elsewhere...

well, i haven't  touched the occupant group, nor the lot ressource key