• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Were Tile Statistics Views Removed From NAM?

Started by astrobill, October 03, 2015, 09:37:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astrobill

Hi All:

I recently installed the Aspyr re-release of SC4 on my MacBook Air.  I also installed (correctly, I believe) the NAM with the basic traffic network simulator but not most of the other options or new road/bridge/network types.

The NAM-style traffic data view appears to work just fine (i.e., the one with the rainbow color scale/legend) and the NAM logo appears when I use the info tool on, say, a bus station, or whatever.

Here's my question: What happened to the statistical summaries of different tile types that used to appear in NAM-equipped SC4 installations?  For example, when I was running the previous Mac-release, as well as the PC version with NAM installed, I recall being able to click on a Bus station with the info tool, and would see not only the info for that specific station, but also statistics regarding the total number of Bus stations in my city, the average utilization, etc.  The same types of data were available when I clicked on other transportation-related tiles.

However, with this new Mac re-release and the NAM, I can't seem to recall how to get any of that to come up....

Thoughts?

Regards,
Bill

What

Tarkus

First off, Bill, welcome to SC4D! :thumbsup:

To answer your question, that feature is still included in the NAM--its official name in the installer is "Extended Station Queries".  It's possible that on your most recent install, you may not have had the option checked.  If you go into Custom Installation mode, it'll be down toward the bottom of the page of options, just below the bold heading "Additional Features and Customizations".

-Alex

astrobill

Alex:

Yep!  That was it...I had totally forgotten that the added extended queries weren't installed by default (it was over two years ago I first used the NAM).

Thanks much.  And good work to you and the team for keeping all this alive. 

Regards,
Bill