• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Bridges!

Started by Ennedi, June 03, 2007, 06:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

That's very cool, I wonder where those supports come from, did you create a T21 for them? If the support is a real S3D model and not a bat, it should be easy to rotate a copy 22.5 degrees to align with the bridge.

Dantes

Straight, diagonal & 22° Bridge. You Monster ! That's so cool.

Simcoug

FAR bridge... time for a happy dance.
&dance

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

romualdillo

Please, tell me that's real!!!!   :o

SuperMessi

Amazing! A FAR bridge allows new possibilities to the game! In real life, bridges have usually different degrees, and with this picture, I can see that you are working towards the implementation of something similar to the game. Nice!

Gugu3

Eggman you are bringing new life to this game!!!! &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

noahclem

Very impressive  &apls  It seems like the time for FA bridges has finally come--and not in the way we would have expected (memo has made DBE-based ones in the past). What is the model? T21, puzzle piece, override, offset prop... ?

I did something vaguely related a few days ago. Not FA but it is sloped. It also needs more than a bit of polishing work  ::)

eggman121

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!

The FA3 Bridge is essentially a set of transit models that have pylons attached (No T21's) since the tiles are segmented.

It operates the same way as the DBE but has a bit more trickery. It is really hard to draw out a bridge but I would expect that would be rectified soon.

There will be more on this front when I get better. I am a bit sick at the moment due too extenuating circumstances.

-eggman121

JoeST

eggman those look amazing, thanks for sharing them
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dyoungyn

I LOVE NAM!!  Here is one type of bridge that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE, cable stayed.  I only wish there was RHW6S or 8S Cable Stayed Bridge for WIDE spans with high towers.  I am limiting development with my connecting maps as I do not want traffic to build as this is the ONLY type maximum bridge I could build with RHW for that span.  Any wider RHW, I will have to extend the shore lines that which looks sooo un-realistic.

dyoungyn

carlfatal

Thanks to McDuell I was able to do a steo forward in my current region. This bridge was built with terraformer and zerosealevel.dat. While there was no water, I was able to place some park lots in the river for the sidewalk. I also tried to build a railing here with an expanded lot like Cedric did long ago but this didn´t work.

Something really nice would be an offset model of a bridge to put it under the street after building such a bridge. But for now I was able to solve a really big problem here.  :)

kbieniu7

Wow, the effect looks indeed interesting. The park lots have been destroyed, or both lots and network are untouched?
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

carlfatal

The park lots were placed while the zero sealevel.dat was inside the plugins folder.  Now they are on the ground of the river.  And cause I also changed the transparency of the water some time ago, you cannot see them, not even near the shore.

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

metarvo

When I've been away from this game too long, I start doing weird things...  ::)

Wait a minute... I've already been beaten to this, haven't I? lol
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kitsune

By a couple years  ? No worry though its a really neat concept... and is the one skill I lack when it comes to bridges.
~ NAM Team Member

LucarioBoricua

Freeway construction with a new pair of overpass bridges underway!

Elevated bridge across the shipping canal leading to the Punta Samaná power plant, with an LNG tanker bringing some juice for the power-hungry customers!

The impressive Arch of Guarionex bridge, acting as the west side entrance in the city of Jaicoa!