• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LHD Path Files

Started by mgb204, January 11, 2015, 06:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

I'm working on an override for the Project Symphony (Maxis Highway Override) crossing puzzle pieces, to get everything clear I started with two pieces "Highway over Canal" and "Highway over Canal Edge" for the CAN-AM plugin.

I have successfully replaced the S3D models and re-textured them, so I moved to changing the paths. Being my first time with paths I spent hours last night tinkering and wondering why nothing I was doing was changing anything in-game. Suddenly it hit me, because I'm using LHD, the paths would need different IIDs to the ones I was using.

Therefore today I quickly loaded my RHD version of SC4 and after 5 minutes to fix one thing, I've got fully updated working paths for RHD. However, whilst RHD paths files are easy to locate as the exemplars have the same Instance, as far as I can tell the LHD paths for the most part are in 5 DATs full of nothing but SC4Path files. Is there some system I can use to work out what IID a LHD Path file will have if I know the RHD paths IID?

memo

The LHT paths files usually have an offset of 0x20000000 of the original IID if they are remapped (first digit 7 instead of 5). If they are not remapped, they simply override the RHT paths of the same IID. The remappings are defined in the Network INI. The CanAM uses a non-regular range: 0xCA1A#### is remapped to 0xDA1A#### (see here).

mgb204

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that info, the CAN-AM piece is hopefully the first of many so a reference will come in handy.