• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_wilds

no real luck getting nostalgic ag logos... but jere is a few more that maybe useful

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jack_wilds on November 15, 2017, 04:05:54 PM
here are a few ag logos

Oh great! Some nice ones in these packs, but wait a minute.....Gulf? Does this still exist? Haven't seen this for many years.....

Thanks, appreciated, they will be useful. 

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

metarvo

Nice work on the silos, Fred!  You've got three different types represented here.

Quote from: mrbisonm on November 15, 2017, 09:32:21 PM
Gulf? Does this still exist? Haven't seen this for many years.....

Yes, it does.  :)  They've started to reappear in the last few years, though I was originally under the impression that Chevron sort of took it over.  Hmm.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Jack_wilds

and if that wasn't enough here are a few more....  :D

something may be worth it...

Jack_wilds

gn_leugim

those ground silos look awesome! good work (on the resto too ;) )

fantozzi

Thanks for the explanation and your patience, mrbisonm!

Hopefully this isn't regarded as inappropriate but just by a freaky mood this morning I was thinking that logos could also be used to put some humor on things - if you use them, how to say, from a different context instead.

Like this

Which is an advertising label on the food boxes in supermarkets but would look funny on a silo on a dairy farm, I think.

Or

which again is just another 'all natural food label' made for consumer products.

Or this - which I even don't know what it is made for

And very similar and I think from a belgian chocolate manufacturer but still working:

Or labels used by some butchers to advertise that those were really happy pigs:

A label for pets food (dog snacks) which could be easily 'abused':

Don't know what's this for, maybe cosmetics, but still works farm related, I think:

This is one I found on a web page for kids:

This one is advertising for an irish farm - nevertheless 'butchery' is spelled in french maybe to give it something exclusive?

From Sendik's food market, Milwaukee, I found this:

This is from a producer of very healthy food (with his own certified farms) but more important is the meaning as Demeter was the greek goddess of fertility, so could be funny to 'abuse' this too:

This is the american version:

And believe it or not ... the greek goddess of farming and fertility does also capital management:

But now I'm stretching it to far, running off topic.

Maybe these suggestions aren't best to add realism. But still they might look fun in a game.

mrbisonm

metarvo, amazing, although I havn't seen them in Canada nor in the States where I usually go.

Jack_wilds, Yesssssir, there are 3 or 4 that I will keep for the Shed section. Thanks. `)

fantozzi,, thanks. There are 3 that could be useful, goodlooking and practical for some farm advertizing.

Question:

Below is the 66 F silomodel , one of those 7 models I mentioned earlier, that still needed a little BATting in detailing and texturing. I just detailed and textured the lower wall on the first picture. The upper wall is the original texture that I did a few years back.
Should I detail and retexture the upper wall also? Remember, this is  an enlarged picture of the model, it will be about 30% smaller in view 5 and therefore some details not visible as much as shown here. Or should I just keep the old texture, which looks fair enough in my opinion. It will only take me about 2 hrs of texturing and modeling to get the upper wall as detailed.

This prop will have the Case IH Loadertractor and Fendt 936 tractor with the Pottinger silage trailer included. This prop can be timepropped, because 3 different ones will be done. 1 - with a full silo, no tractor but empty trailer parked beside it, 2 - like this one shown below and 3 - totally empty with no machinery at all.

Thanks for leaving your opinion.

Fred

Jack_wilds

my question would be how it is gonna look in game...

I think the better render the better it appears, the less fuzz it is in game...

personally this far along and its good with no fuss, so be it...

however will the additional 2-3 hours show up in game  :-\

it is a horse apiece... in the end, U will need to determine whats more desirable

sorry I am about as clear as muddy creek

:popcorn:

mrbisonm

Ok, " as clear as a muddy creek" you said, well it was indeed.....lol.  Ingame one can probably see a little difference and 2 or 3 hrs aren't the end of the world, I have all the time that one can have. (at least for the next 5 months)
Fred

fantozzi

The lower wall has more color and regarding only the visually aspect may look more vivid/richer in contrast but on the other hand looks like the wood was collected from the river after the flood during the last 100 years, where you can find indeed bleached out trunks, almost white - but when buying wood to build up your things in the wood yard, it's all of the same type and age and color and therefore the palisade would look indeed uniform. So to me, you could also stay with the original texture, just maybe giving it a little more structure by adding little contrast or sharpness. In B.A.T I sometimes only change the 'blur' value of the texture lower than 1.

I was wondering about the gras pattern at the edge that may limit the usability on cement ground textures or arid grounds - to my experience you have more freedom in lotting when bats/props have no extending ground floor.

This one, just for example, for me, was really difficult to lot as the batted floor, minimal elevated still casts a small shadown an therefore causing a seam never will blend with the ground, so i put small plants around to cover:

Imho - the same thing without the socket instead using overlay textures on the lot, would be more versatile on different grounds.

David H

Quote from: mrbisonm on October 15, 2017, 06:06:00 PM
I didn't have time to finish the model, so it is still under construction. Also now that I see the pipes, I probably will redo them. There's still  a label on the silos coming, also some details to the ground, pipes, discharge etc and I also have to see it ingame tomorrow to see the textures during gameplay and maybe improve/change them.
So, I guess I will be stuck on this one for a day or two. 
This model will also be uploaded for Farming Simulator later with more details of course. ;)

Question: Since I already have two Mixing Stations identified as Purina and as CO-OP, the two biggest of Quebec, I would like to know what is the biggest Farm Feed Store or Grain Distribution in your country, whether in the US, Canada or Europe.?
Let me know please, so I can add that one to this Mixing station and use others for the sheds. ;) Thanks

Fred

Sorry for the late replay Mr B, but it's been a while since I've lurked here. WHere I used to live we had this company called Southern States, I think they were more of a SUpply store then a Grain company but it could still make a good company for SC4 Farms ;)

Jack_wilds

does con~agra have mills?

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jack_wilds on December 14, 2017, 03:34:39 PM
does con~agra have mills?

Yes.

Ok, just in case you are wondering why I have not been busy on this lately, I posted this on my Facebook page and more. You can find more info on it: Facebook Name: Frederick Volkhardt
It will explain why I am slow here for awhile .....but I'm ok. ;)

""Well, here I am, still alive (somewhat barely) and back home after my third heart intervention at the University hospital in Sherbrooke. I had two big Infarctus this week, one at home in the beginning and another one during the operation on wednesday. I got out last night with a promise not to move much and doing nothing. I look like I was beaten up by a streetgang from NY, and my heart feels like as if it was used as a punchbag for an hour. The operation went a little difficult, but was a solid success., but I still have two blocked arteries at 70 and 50 % which will be taken care of later next month, January or february 2018. Great adventure, cannot really say that I enjoyed it though. Being home, I don't do anything, probably couldn't neither. I will gain strength though with time and a lot of rest, but you all will have to do with me still for some time. I'll be around, have the time and enjoy being here in my kingdom with my three cats, Goldfish and Internet/TV reading your opinions, jokes and watch your vids. ;) Glad to be.............""

Fred

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Well, this is kind of a shock. I'm happy all seems well, but it would have been better if this hadn't been neccessary in the first place.
I wish you all the good luck and strength!

Frank

metarvo

Oh, Fred!  &cry2  Sorry to see you this way, but I'm glad you're at least home and resting.  Here's to a speedy recovery, Fred!  %$payas)(
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

911Diva

OMG please take care of yourself!!  Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!

Simmer2

Hey don't you go MIA on us, we need you around here!.

I hope all is resolved soon so that you can go back to what you enjoy doing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Arg ... this is shocking news. If I understand well they still have to place two stents? If so, this might meliorate things noticeable.

So for now your main business should be to relax. About the work to be done - we'll talk later.

Wish you some merry christmas days.   

mattb325

Make sure you rest up Fred, and please make sure you look after yourself....that means no egg-nog or other Christmas treats  :P  :crytissue: