• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluepelican31

Simcoug

I'm afraid the answer is going to make me feel foolish, but that's nothing new.  So I haven't played the actual game much recently, but I am in the process of correcting that and I am trying to fool around with diagonal rail bridges.  I can get the road bridges to behave correctly, but dragging the rail is definitely a no-go (rail slopes down, doesn't remain straight like the roads).  I believe this has something to do with the RRW (I think I remember reading about that problem).  Now, I'm still on an old NAM (32 I think) so will upgrading to 34 fix this issue, or is there something else I can do?   
(I swear somebody posted a fix to this issue a while back, but my searching the forums came up empty)
Thanks bunches  :P

mgb204

Do you mean the Diagonal Bridge Enabler? If so, it doesn't work with RRW, because the ID of RRW is different from regular rail. This has not been addressed officially, but I've attached a fix to this post you can add to the DBE folder to make it work.

I'd recommend NAM 34 though if using RRW, 33 had a lot of improvements, mostly in the areas of crossing support but not forgetting the wonderful FlexTrack by Eggman too :D.

Simcoug

Sweet, you are so money  :D
And yes, I really should get with the program and grab NAM 34... It's the procrastinator in me.  I guess there was part of me thinking I would just wait until NAM 35 hits...  $%#Ninj2

Swordmaster

We don't support previous versions! >:( All these noobs. . .

Lol, 2,500 posts of gibberish here . . . $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

mgb204

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 14, 2016, 06:19:58 PM
We don't support previous versions! >:( All these noobs. . .

In which case Simcoug, you'll have to return the download unused  :P

Simcoug

Sorry, already opened the wrapper...
(PS - works like a charm... although the eye candy truss stuff needs a RRW upgrade  :P )

titanicbuff

Don't ask how a NAM Associate found this- but it was working before- but now the c-6 won't work at all for the starter or dragging.
I have struck an iceberg and Sank
Titanicbuff
Visit my website at: http://simcitybuffs.icyboards.net/
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Tarkus

That was an issue in one alpha build of NAM 33, when someone changed the RUL0 falsies without telling anyone, but I can't replicate it now.

-Alex

titanicbuff

Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Swordmaster

You get this when your controller doesn't contain the RHW overrides. I see this piece all the time when I've forgotten I excluded section 7 to reduce compiling and game loading times.

Cheers
Willy

mgb204

Quote from: Simcoug on February 14, 2016, 06:23:39 PM
Sorry, already opened the wrapper...
(PS - works like a charm... although the eye candy truss stuff needs a RRW upgrade  :P )

For you maybe :P (see attached).

Note: Attachment removed, please upgrade to NAM36 which includes RRW support for the DBE. Note for actually making the bridges using the DBE plugin, this patch for the DBE is still required though.

titanicbuff

Ya- I did do the contrioller compiler- keep gettign it- funny- even I can't solve this issue
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Swordmaster

Well, somewhere there must be an outdated file; either in your NAM installation or in your controller files. Try with the pre-built controller that sits somewhere in the controller compiler folder.

Cheers
Willy

titanicbuff

Was looking at the coding- not sure what the code is for C-6 starter, I also see a JAR control executable from 2014
Titanicbuff
RTMT Team Member
NAM Associate

Simcoug

Quote from: mgb204 on February 14, 2016, 07:27:59 PM
For you maybe :P (see attached).

Yes!!!
Now I just need some RRW L1 support and I'm good until 1890!!   ;D

Swordmaster

Simcoug

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 14, 2016, 08:53:17 PM
What's that? A street? SAM?

Cheers
Willy

Why, it's Vortext's magnificent cobblestone road re-texture  ;D
You missed some stuff while you were away Willy  :D

Swordmaster

Didn't know they were finished. Where can I find them?

Cheers
Willy

Simcoug

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 14, 2016, 09:29:59 PM
Didn't know they were finished. Where can I find them?
technically they aren't, but a nice PM will probably get you the 'trial' version  :P