• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WIP - Arinsia

Started by feyss, June 17, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Off to a wonderful start this month. You've done a nice job showing off just how far the road/rail networks in this game have come over the years with the smooth curves and slopes. The sets of stairs leading to the top of the hill, as well as the switchback road are nice touches, and the area does a fine job of working with elevation changes. The mosaic was nice too. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the month holds.
-Matt

Kergelen

Firts off all, congrats on the OSITM &apls

Amazing work on the slopes again and well planed city &apls

Links to SC4 websites

benedict

Great update. I love how perfectly you've integrated the roads and rails into the hilly terrain of the city.

And well done, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.

Edit: and you're number one for a second week - good work!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

feyss

Hi everybody,

First, please excuse me for not posting more pictures during my OSITM. Actually, I didn't think my studies would take all my time this semester. I didn't have a lot of time for playing.  &mmm

So, I took some other pictures of Kersberg district. I hope to post more pictures soon, but I need time to check the details of the eastern part of the town before posting it.

19 (you can enlarge this one)

Thank you for reading and see you soon.

Quote from: Mr.Lin on October 03, 2013, 07:51:36 AM

Wow,fantastic treatment of all the slopes in this city!
I especially like the first pic in this update!
Keep on this great work !
:thumbsup:

Thank you.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: nbvc on October 03, 2013, 08:47:00 AM
Fantastic work. &apls

Thanks a lot.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 03, 2013, 09:31:39 AM
Amazing stuff!!!

Thank you.  ;)

Quote from: rooker1 on October 03, 2013, 09:50:17 AM
That was amazing! I loved being able to see all the different views of that area. You have done a fantastic job!

Robin

Quote from: Girafe on October 03, 2013, 10:13:27 AM
Really beautiful pics  &apls &apls &apls

Thanks.  :)

Quote from: art128 on October 03, 2013, 10:43:30 AM
Amazing update. The area of the city was beautiful.

Thank you.  ;D

Quote from: RepublicMaster on October 03, 2013, 01:50:55 PM
That's a beautiful city! Great work. :D

Thank you too.  :)

Quote from: threestooges on October 03, 2013, 10:35:11 PM
Off to a wonderful start this month. You've done a nice job showing off just how far the road/rail networks in this game have come over the years with the smooth curves and slopes. The sets of stairs leading to the top of the hill, as well as the switchback road are nice touches, and the area does a fine job of working with elevation changes. The mosaic was nice too. Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the month holds.
-Matt

Thank you.  :)

Quote from: Kergelen on October 04, 2013, 02:01:22 AM
Firts off all, congrats on the OSITM &apls

Amazing work on the slopes again and well planed city &apls

Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: benedict on October 04, 2013, 03:16:31 PM
Great update. I love how perfectly you've integrated the roads and rails into the hilly terrain of the city.

And well done, you're number one on Ben's Top Ten this week.

Edit: and you're number one for a second week - good work!

Thank you Ben.  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Amazing stuff feyss! &apls Complex system of railways there :thumbsup:
Wonder what it might look like with the RRW installed...

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

benedict

Great to see you back with more work from your city. All incredible images as always. although the first one really caught my eye.

RepublicMaster

Great work, I like the different levels of the city. :thumbsup:

RickD

Fantastic update, especially the rails. Very complex and realistic. I also love the bridges.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Great update  &apls  You've done an excellent job with the W2W neighborhoods and the rail network looks outstanding  :thumbsup:

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

I really like the way you've done the terraced hill leading up to the cathedral.  You must have put quite a bit or work into that to get it right.  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Nothing else to say really, but I love this city!!
Great work.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

feyss

Thank you everybody. I have one picture of the next update: the district of Merksem op Arijns.   :)

See you soon and Best wishes for 2014  ;)

Quote from: Gugu3 on December 11, 2013, 02:04:24 AM
Amazing stuff feyss! &apls Complex system of railways there :thumbsup:
Wonder what it might look like with the RRW installed...

Thank you. The RRW looks an amazing project. I can't wait to test it.  ;D

Quote from: Schulmanator on December 11, 2013, 03:26:45 AM
Looks great both day and night!

Quote from: benedict on December 13, 2013, 06:27:37 AM
Great to see you back with more work from your city. All incredible images as always. although the first one really caught my eye.

Thank you too.  :)

Quote from: RepublicMaster on December 13, 2013, 10:34:47 PM
Great work, I like the different levels of the city. :thumbsup:

Thank you.  ;)

Quote from: RickD on December 19, 2013, 05:43:43 AM
Fantastic update, especially the rails. Very complex and realistic. I also love the bridges.  &apls

Quote from: noahclem on December 19, 2013, 10:32:19 AM
Great update  &apls  You've done an excellent job with the W2W neighborhoods and the rail network looks outstanding  :thumbsup:

Thank you. I know I like dense train network.  :D

Quote from: art128 on December 19, 2013, 10:39:44 AM
Beautiful pictures!

Quote from: Shark7 on December 20, 2013, 06:03:29 AM
I really like the way you've done the terraced hill leading up to the cathedral.  You must have put quite a bit or work into that to get it right.  :thumbsup:

Thank you. You're right. I spent a lot of time on this. But actually, I didn't really play for a long time. For the moment, I just improve the details ans take the pictures, bur I don't build something new.  :)

Quote from: rooker1 on December 23, 2013, 06:51:14 AM
Nothing else to say really, but I love this city!!
Great work.

Robin

Thank you too.  :thumbsup:

APSMS

Merry Christmas! (belated)

I have to say, I'm not particularly fond of your style (a lot of the city/ies and towns look practically identical to me). That being said, you have some of the most interesting and amazing terraced city building I've seen anywhere. Coupled with the unified look, the result is impressive, even if I'm not your biggest fan. I don't know how you do it, but however you do, keep it up. It's what keeps me coming back here (sorry for not commenting sooner).\

EDIT: I almost forgot, very nice rail networks. Can't forget about the railroads!  :thumbsup:
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

jeckyll

Absolutely stunning! Keep up good work ;)

feyss

Hi,

It seems to be a while since the last update.

I promised you some pictures of Merksem op Arijns... But in fact i lied: I began a new city: Olsènes, an industrial city in reconversion located in a small valley.  ;)

I show you here a picture. As usual, it would take me a lot of time to complete the entire map, so the work is not really finished.  $%Grinno$%

Hope you like it.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: APSMS on December 27, 2013, 05:54:08 PM
Merry Christmas! (belated)

I have to say, I'm not particularly fond of your style (a lot of the city/ies and towns look practically identical to me). That being said, you have some of the most interesting and amazing terraced city building I've seen anywhere. Coupled with the unified look, the result is impressive, even if I'm not your biggest fan. I don't know how you do it, but however you do, keep it up. It's what keeps me coming back here (sorry for not commenting sooner).\

EDIT: I almost forgot, very nice rail networks. Can't forget about the railroads!  :thumbsup:
Happy to read you like my work. I can promise you terraced cities again and again because flat ones look really boring for me :D

Quote from: jeckyll on December 28, 2013, 05:09:44 AM
Absolutely stunning! Keep up good work ;)
Thank you too.  :thumbsup:

benedict

Good to see you back - you know how much I like your work, and this new city fits perfectly into the grand scheme of your region, while having a different character.

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

kbieniu7

Several few-months-long breaks... I know it too! So don't worry - studies are more important than the game. What is more, after while of waiting, even few photos are valuable and interesting ;)

The first photo of Olsènes looks promising. It is visible, that it lies in a small valley. Fitting the motorway in such place was a quite hard task! Maybe, you could think about some tunnels? ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!